IGNORED

Chris Forrester

jeade

You may be right Es but I'm comparing him to McInnes's recruitment policy!

To be honest mate, I couldn't give a flying **** other than staying up this season, which will be no mean achievement and we have given ourselves a chance of that, just loving the SOD love in and the little digs going in but no reply to any criticism of the quiet one.

But Harry, the only proof that he impressed is from his own lips. Maybe the feeling was "close but no cigar" - perhaps they want to track him for the rest of the season and see how he performs?

The facts are, we don't know for sure if SC had any say in this decision, we don't know for certain that Forrester impressed (other than two of someone's mates who watched him training!) and we certainly can't infer anything about Cotterill's working relationship with Burt.

Like you I hope that is strong. KB has brought some good players here and a busy manager during the season needs a trusty confederate to be his eyes and ears (and advisor) in the transfer market.

It wasn't training, it was a behind closed door friendly that featured Carey, Brundle, Wynter, Elliot, McLaughlin, Burns & Taylor.  Forrester played well and was a hec of a lot more impressive than Burns.

and I cannot fathom why we would sign a similarly described Irish winger on loan and then not give him a chance, so we can assume Burt brought him here, didn't bode well for the manager not to consider him, see what I did.

Es, they're not "similarly described".  Yes, McLaughlin has been described as having potential, but Forrester is a step above him and has been watched by pretty much every Premier League & Championship club.

Es, they're not "similarly described".  Yes, McLaughlin has been described as having potential, but Forrester is a step above him and has been watched by pretty much every Premier League & Championship club.

Highly rated actually, but hey your probably right SC was wrong about Forester and SOD was right about Mclaughlin, which makes Burt wrong, so there's your scapegoat.

We had this before when a newly arrived SOD did nothing to halt the transfer of Joe Edwards. We had a defence leaking like a sieve and Yeovil got a good defender for peanuts.

Hope this isn't another one who falls between the managerial cracks. Unfortunately there's an agenda in behind many posters comments here, so unless I see this Forrester make good in English football I'll trust the club on this one. Rember the only quote we have to back up that O'Driscoll wanted to sign him is Forrester's himself.

McInnes let Edwards go

But hasn't he just signed a new contract with his Irish team ?

Sounds like bollux to me.

Not bollux at all mate.  Over the last 2 years pretty much every team has sent scouts to Ireland to watch him.

Yes he's signed a new 1 year deal,  but all that means is rather than making a compensatory payment, a club would have to pay a transfer fee.

You can doubt it all you want, but I know for a fact that plenty of other clubs are interested in him.  He's already trialled previously at Wolves, Watford & Stoke and plenty of others are keen.

Not bollux at all mate.  Over the last 2 years pretty much every team has sent scouts to Ireland to watch him.

Yes he's signed a new 1 year deal,  but all that means is rather than making a compensatory payment, a club would have to pay a transfer fee.

You can doubt it all you want, but I know for a fact that plenty of other clubs are interested in him.  He's already trialled previously at Wolves, Watford & Stoke and plenty of others are keen.

Just because he didn't see Forrester at City doesn't mean Cotterill knew nothing about him.

It's quite possible Cotterill had already scouted Forrester himself for another club - Forest/ QPR? - or had spoken to scouts while working at those clubs who'd reported back on him, and already knew the player wasn't what City required.

Not bollux at all mate. Over the last 2 years pretty much every team has sent scouts to Ireland to watch him.

Yes he's signed a new 1 year deal, but all that means is rather than making a compensatory payment, a club would have to pay a transfer fee.

You can doubt it all you want, but I know for a fact that plenty of other clubs are interested in him. He's already trialled previously at Wolves, Watford & Stoke and plenty of others are keen.

All this will bear a lot more credence if someone actually signs him rather than this hearsay. Not like anyone couldn't have jumped ahead of us for his signature, a piddling little league one side, if he's so talented.

So this highly rated player, who has had a load of scouts from the prem and championship, watching him over a 2 year period is playing where?, 4 clubs now have said no thanks but plenty are keen but he still signs a new contract with an Irish team, so not that keen really.

Maybe he is just another 3 amigo's highly rated Irish winger who is not good enough, they do have form in that particular department, the only difference is he never played for Forest, unless you know differently.

He left 3 days after SOD took over. Probably would've been near enough a done deal by then and Edwards would've wanted to go. I'd rather Moloney tbh

Moloney hadn't arrived at that point and Edwards is very highly rated at Yeovil. It has to go down as a mistake.

of course it does especially in the context of this thread, letting a player leave that you haven't personally assessed?, whatever next?.

Dunno what he could've done really. Forrester already back at St Pats.

Can we say this guy's a gem, based on one non-competitive game though? He seems to have had a lot of trials elsewhere and not have been snapped up. Aren't we reading a bit too much into it?

Dunno what he could've done really. Forrester already back at St Pats.

Can we say this guy's a gem, based on one non-competitive game though? He seems to have had a lot of trials elsewhere and not have been snapped up. Aren't we reading a bit too much into it?

Well we are not reading too much into it but some are, my point is the same as yours if Forrester is a mistake by SC, then Edwards is a similar mistake by SOD, as was Mclaughlin another highly rated Irish winger, the SOD glee club can't have it both ways, hopefully the straws are running low.

Well we are not reading too much into it but some are, my point is the same as yours if Forrester is a mistake by SC, then Edwards is a similar mistake by SOD, as was Mclaughlin another highly rated Irish winger, the SOD glee club can't have it both ways, hopefully the straws are running low.

I think the straws have almost gone, I mean 1 more win and he's a better manager this season in about 14 less games too,

We finally start to look like a team trying to make things happen instead of a bunch of nervous players just waiting for something to happen

McInnes took the decision but SOD could've overturned it. He hadn't left before his arrival.

To be fair to SOD, if Edwards got told he could go he might not have fancied staying about, even if SOD wanted to run a rule over him, and it is clear Yeovil rated him because they snapped him up, so I think it is a push to attribute blame on that one.  It just happened.

To be fair to SOD, if Edwards got told he could go he might not have fancied staying about, even if SOD wanted to run a rule over him, and it is clear Yeovil rated him because they snapped him up, so I think it is a push to attribute blame on that one. It just happened.

McInnes is the main culprit. We were in the R zone of the Championship, with a dire Scottish RB and Yeovil were near the top of the division beneath us with a RB on loan from us who was getting rave reviews.

2 & 2 not put together there.

McInnes is the main culprit. We were in the R zone of the Championship, with a dire Scottish RB and Yeovil were near the top of the division beneath us with a RB on loan from us who was getting rave reviews.

he wan't playing rb tho' he was playing central midfield

McInnes has a lot to answer for; this is just another item on the list.

McInnes has a lot to answer for; this is just another item on the list.

No he hasn't, and certainly not Edwards leaving.

Edwards was on a last chance one year deal at City to prove himself and was then convicted of drink driving.

After that it was a club decision to move him on, not Del's.

Edwards was on a last chance one year deal at City to prove himself and was then convicted of drink driving.

sounds about right, with Johnson still living in portishead, he could get a lift with the gaffer to work :)

Unless he drove the team coach, I can't quite see the logic of this.

And what more can Edwards do to prove himself than play very well while on loan?

Unless he drove the team coach, I can't quite see the logic of this.

And what more can Edwards do to prove himself than play very well while on loan?

Internal disipline me thinks, Didn't Ryan Harley fail on that side of things too and ended up going,

I disagree; McInnes shares responsible for our relegation last year, and that isn't nothing.  We continue to live with the ramifications of his decisions, along with those SO'D, so he doesn't get a 'pass' for that in my book.

And perhaps you're right RE Edwards, but that just further proves my point that SO'D isn't responsible for his leaving.

I disagree; McInnes shares responsible for our relegation last year, and that isn't nothing.  We continue to live with the ramifications of his decisions, along with those SO'D, so he doesn't get a 'pass' for that in my book.

And perhaps you're right RE Edwards, but that just further proves my point that SO'D isn't responsible for his leaving.

Milen, McInnes and SoD were all poor managers for city and no amount of excuses will change that

Archived