IGNORED

Luke Freeman

ciderbeans

I actually hope we do keep hold of jet but I think we should at least buy this kid with a view to taking jets place as it is possible someone could come in with crazy money.

He is the forward/winger we need ad that people have been calling for and I'm sure we would fit him in somehow. He would definately add to the goal tally

Ha ha, nice one Ralph.  You also mentioned him on this forum a few days ago.

After I pointed out that he was out of contract and maybe worth an enquiry in January, you proceeded to state :

"Luke Freeman. is another busted flush, who seems to be tumbling down the leagues. After promise at Gillingham then Arsenal, he weighed up with a massive 2 goals last season, for a Winger Striker type, it's awful."

Are you still sticking by this Ralphy, or do you now agree with me that he is a very talented player and one you'd love to see at AG.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/160004-new-players-in-january/page-2

Game and set and match to Harry.  :)

Sat with my eldest lad today we both agreed he was their standout player - but not much to beat. Not sure personally if he's quite good enough for a team with hopefully promotion aspirations next season, unless its from the 4th.

I was thinking how he would be accepted by our fans if he was in our team, he seemed to have a very laid back attitude when playing the ball - some would probably class him as lazy.

He was good today against what was infront of him, i would like to see how he does against other opposition. IMHO JET is better - goals win games and JET seems to have them.

No need to alter formations. He could easily play more central with his control, passing ability etc. perhaps we could use our profit from selling JET to pay for him.......!!

Interesting shout. Don't think we should sell jet for less than 2 mil unless his contract is running out.

The way I see it is turning down an offer <2m will more than likely keep us in div 3

Just seen this on Stevenage website

http://www.stevenagefc.com/news/article/january-battle-for-freeman-30.12.13-1263230.aspx

Looks as if he is destined for the Championship, so cannot see him coming here.  Cannot blame the guy though as he is head and shoulders above League 1.

Dont know anything abour Lopez, Dunne or Shroot but it looks as if they will also be off as Stevenage would seem to be skint.

Maloney will only be 25 in Jan, Wagstaff 24 in March. not quite sure what you are getting at by 'older' in this circumstance. Freeman is 21. None of them are particularly 'old'

Bizarre

Ralphie, old boy. It wasn't that many weeks ago you were insisting none of the players were that young either! They must be just the right age then, right now. So roll on 2014.

Happy New Year to you, Ralph!

'Righty', me old mucker,  I believe the conversation you refer to related to signings made by the previous incumbent/DOF, which were beginning to 'buck the trend' of the 5 pillars as opposed to adhere to them more over than not as in we were signing players over whatever it was, 23? I cant remember, Ive slept since then

That was ages ago, plus no way on this planet would I consider 21-25 old in football terms. It's still possible  despite the young age  to have experience however.

Hope that clarifies your boggle, 'Righty'

Happy Year Nou to you as well :)

Clear as mud, Ralph! Thank you for that. Well, whether they are old enough, or young enough, the next four months will suggest strongly whether they are good enough

Not saying they are old, just older than freeman and although I would love us to sign him, it would make either wagstaff or Moloney, Bryan or Cunningham redundant if we kept 3-5-2. Hence why we would be left with an 'older' player not being used again on a reasonable contract. A few similar players spring to mind a la Fontaine, killkenny, Pearson, harewood etc etc signing freeman may upset the applecart but someone of his quality can't be missed

Just seen this on Stevenage website

http://www.stevenagefc.com/news/article/january-battle-for-freeman-30.12.13-1263230.aspx

Looks as if he is destined for the Championship, so cannot see him coming here. Cannot blame the guy though as he is head and shoulders above League 1.

Dont know anything abour Lopez, Dunne or Shroot but it looks as if they will also be off as Stevenage would seem to be skint.

We were rumoured to be intrested in James Dunne this summer

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-interested-Stevenage-star-James/story-19239509-detail/story.html

Article on Stevenage's official site says it looks likely he'll stay having turned down bids from two League 1 clubs.

http://www.stevenagefc.com/news/article/transfer-zoko-new-deal-7.1.14-1280631.aspx

Wonder if we were one of the two?

Theres a good chance. Thats brave saying he will stay til the summer. The bids may have been a cheeky 50k. Whos to say someone wont come in with a 300k offer. They will find that hard to turn down for a player who will walk for only compensation in the summer. Theres a long time left in the window yet

Theres a good chance. Thats brave saying he will stay til the summer. The bids may have been a cheeky 50k. Whos to say someone wont come in with a 300k offer. They will find that hard to turn down for a player who will walk for only compensation in the summer. Theres a long time left in the window yet

I thought them announcing he'd going nowhere this early in the window seemed odd and frankly, it seemed a slightly desperate attempt to drum up interest from higher up.

If there are League One teams in for him I pray we are one of them, though wonder if they are holding out for the sums being chucked about we might be priced out.

But, if you put two-and-two together, SC talking about needing wide-men and this "bids from League One"...  I realise I'm making 5, but hope to hell I'm right.

My thoughts are that it's odd that Stevenage are saying this, at this time. More likely trying to increase interest in the player and bump the price up.

There's still a good chance JET will be off and although not a direct replacement, Freeman would be a very good addition and enable a switch to 442 (assuming at least Barnett is signed). Anyway, that's enough pure speculation for this time of day.

Archived