IGNORED

No Liverpool Threads Lately....

Barrs Court Red

What I dislike about Liverpool is their self-perpetuated superiority complex.

You'll Never Walk Alone, the Kop, King Kenny are just somehow more special than those respective things are to the other 91 league clubs. In truth they are just another club, albeit with a very successful past.

The arrogance of the numerous Suarez scandals and their blind support of him is just typical.

In sum, their supporters seem to have their heads in their asses and can't see for the shit.

No offence intended, just telling it as it is not how it ain't - like Les's mate always advocates.

And this is EXACTLY why many footy fans, myself included, like to tease Liverpool supporters. They're so... touchy....

What I dislike about Liverpool is their self-perpetuated superiority complex.

You'll Never Walk Alone, the Kop, King Kenny are just somehow more special than those respective things are to the other 91 league clubs. In truth they are just another club, albeit with a very successful past.

The arrogance of the numerous Suarez scandals and their blind support of him is just typical.

In sum, their supporters seem to have their heads in their asses and can't see for the shit.

No offence intended, just telling it as it is not how it ain't - like Les's mate always advocates.

You're dead right, but it's also perpetuated by the media.  Over the years, I heard comments, in particular form Tyldesley, saying "the Kop thinks as one" and (in reference to Chelsea handing out flags one game) "Liverpool fans bring their own flags".  On both occasions I could only think "oh... off".  Liverpool fans just think they're a little bit special when it comes to football.  I think they're a bunch of...

I don't get all this second team bollox. Mine used to be Liverpool then my mate took me down the gate and never looked back. All this 'prem team' stuff is childish, wanting to be the best in the playground kinda stuff. Love that theres always the excuse of well 'my dad supports them' so it runs in the family, but none of them have ever been to a game. Everyones different I suppose but I just couldn't get excited about another team like I do with city.

I don't get all this second team bollox. Mine used to be Liverpool then my mate took me down the gate and never looked back. All this 'prem team' stuff is childish, wanting to be the best in the playground kinda stuff. Love that theres always the excuse of well 'my dad supports them' so it runs in the family, but none of them have ever been to a game. Everyones different I suppose but I just couldn't get excited about another team like I do with city.

What I don't get is why you never hear of any Bury or Lincoln supporters based on the logic that their grandparents lived there.

What I don't understand is why grown men care so much about how people they have never met think.

Curious that, and a little concerning. Perhaps your lives aren't quite giving you enough entertainment to be so infuriated?

:)

It's quite natural to dislike things tho. What I dislike about LFC is that when they win a couple of games they become the Liverpool of yesteryear again then lo and behold they go and get smashed by Hull.

However I do like asking LFC fans what happened the last time we played them!

It's quite natural to dislike things tho. What I dislike about LFC is that when they win a couple of games they become the Liverpool of yesteryear again then lo and behold they go and get smashed by Hull.

Drew 1-1 I think, Owen scored and Akinbyi? ;)

What I don't understand is why grown men care so much about how people they have never met think.

Curious that, and a little concerning. Perhaps your lives aren't quite giving you enough entertainment to be so infuriated?

Idly musing during the dead period between Christmas and the New Year is not the same as caring let alone feeling in anyway infuriated.

So be assured, there's nothing for you to be concerned about. Hope this clears up your curiosity, stranger.

I was speaking about people I know. Its not hard to find people in Bristol supporting premier league teams having never watched them, funnily enough.

You can always tell a true fan from a Plastic glory hunting one.

Ask them both who they support

True fans will just say the name of their team

Plastics will tell you the name of their team and then say  Because...... (telling you either their dad supported them or that they followed them since they were little)

It's ok... Next year will be there year.

Do any Bristolian plastic Man U/Citeh/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal "fans" have City or Rovers as their second team?

If they do, are they working some sort of reverse glory-hunting psychology?

Spoke to a kid I know the other day, he said 'City are my second team after arsenal'

I replied, what do you mean second, how many times have you watched Arsenal live?

Four was the answer. Now that's a lot better than many so called fans of the bigger teams I know, many haven't even been to see them live yet still claim to be fans! Still awful hearing that mind!

Always wanted to know what the " real " fans of the top prem clubs think about the foreign mercenaries who latch on to their teams. are they viewed with distain ? as some kind of spineless traitors without a mind of their own ? to me its as alien as being English and supporting brasil or spain. I just don't get it, never have and never will.

Always wanted to know what the " real " fans of the top prem clubs think about the foreign mercenaries who latch on to their teams. are they viewed with distain ? as some kind of spineless traitors without a mind of their own ? to me its as alien as being English and supporting brasil or spain. I just don't get it, never have and never will.

I saw a Man U fan on twitter complaining at the abuse Moyes was getting saying that most of them have been watching on TV and never seen Old Trafford in person, Then went on to say if you weren't there when we were bad your not a true fan

Bit harsh if your a teenager from Manchester apparently not allowed to support your local team ;)

There was a rather embarrassingly loud cheer from the dolman bar when Liverpool scored their goal yesterday.

Yes, I noticed that too.  I was very perturbed I can tell you!

Similar thing happened in Bar BS3 the other week and there were quite a few people in there who took a disliking to it.

They take the piss and say thanks for the extra revenue being brought into the club.

I remember a guy at University who supported Southampton, Manchester United and Plymouth Argyle. It's not for me but, ultimately, it's said supporters choice on who they support.

Personally, I can play the 'Swindon Town fan from Wiltshire' purist card all I want but I know darn well that I support Swindon because my old man supported them. If he supported Manchester United, Ipswich Town, Bristol City or Oxford United then I'd have done the same.

Personally, I can play the 'Swindon Town fan from Wiltshire' purist card all I want but I know darn well that I support Swindon because my old man supported them. If he supported Manchester United, Ipswich Town, Bristol City or Oxford United then I'd have done the same.

Which, given that your name on here has been TGSC, then TFSC and now TWSC, begs the question...

...who will YOUR kids support???

I hope it's City, it could well be Swindon, but statistics say it's likely to be Man City

I've seen them referred to as OOT's (out of towners).

Don't know how bothered the local supporters are about it, suspect they're quite accepting but know it's a source of ridicule for rivals, hence Everton's singing: "have you ever seen a scouser on the kop?".

There's also a joke about green footprints and preventing Liverpool fans from Scandanavia attending home games.

I remember a guy at University who supported Southampton, Manchester United and Plymouth Argyle. It's not for me but, ultimately, it's said supporters choice on who they support.

Personally, I can play the 'Swindon Town fan from Wiltshire' purist card all I want but I know darn well that I support Swindon because my old man supported them. If he supported Manchester United, Ipswich Town, Bristol City or Oxford United then I'd have done the same.

Did not realise they let Under 10's into University nowadays.

I saw a Man U fan on twitter complaining at the abuse Moyes was getting saying that most of them have been watching on TV and never seen Old Trafford in person, Then went on to say if you weren't there when we were bad your not a true fan

Bit harsh if your a teenager from Manchester apparently not allowed to support your local team ;)

Using that logic every City supporter has to be a true fan.

Which, given that your name on here has been TGSC, then TFSC and now TWSC, begs the question...

...who will YOUR kids support???

I hope it's City, it could well be Swindon, but statistics say it's likely to be Man City

We shall cross that bridge when we get there!

My older brother is your typical Manchester United 'plastic' who is now married in to a family of fellow Manchester United Trowbridgians (is that right?). My younger brother oddly supports Newcastle United for no other reason than they holiday in Northumberland! Football eh.

Did not realise they let Under 10's into University nowadays.

Quite. He was universally loathed in the Union without him ever knowing.

Ok, I'll bite.

I have supported City since 1978 as a young kid.

Having never lived in Bristol, and having a family that have never lived in Bristol, growing up as a kid in my town in the Forest of Dean the easiest football teams to choose are the clubs that are doing well.

In amongst my friends at the time I had Nottm Forest, Man Utd, Spurs, Leeds, Ipswich and like me, Liverpool fans, not many were Bristol City fans but there was certainly an interest because of the top flight football.

My old man loved his football and would regular take in games at Hereford, Newport, Cardiff and City before we became good, he then put all his cards into going to AG, dragging me and my brothers along.

Now, I class my first team as City and I class Liverpool as my second team. I was there in 94 pissed right up having the time of my life in the Anfield Road end with a few mates when Tinman scored, I enjoyed that victory every bit as much as the Louie Donowa goal to silence those horrible wan...rs that evening at the gate. But, I have equally enjoyed my many trips watching Liverpool home and away (50 odd games now) and so couldn't really care how I am viewed by Bristolians.

I have travelled the country many times over watching City and spent more time and money that I care to remember, so if I am classed as a plastic then so be it.

I really don't understand having two teams, undermines the point of being a football fan surely?

Most people grow out of the 'I support my home team and < enter some Premiership mainstay team>'

When I was a young lad, I liked/supported (or whatever) Chelsea. From when Hoddle were the manager. I then bored off it as I grew up, as per the norm. This was around the Ranieri period, when I was about 16.

I'd say those who carry on 'supporting' these big teams on top of/alongside their local clubs aren't the real fans in football.

Archived