IGNORED

Gone

Rocking Red Cyril

It's there in the link...   :grr:

or here on the Beeb http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24939335

or here on the official site http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20131114-odriscollonkilkenny-1176067.aspx

Is that enough confirmation for you?  :thumbsup:  :P

Not quite, still only o Driscoll saying it. Although clearly he has played his last game for us, it's just not entirely official.

Shorey gone - Official Website.

Kilkenny - Almost certainly going to be paid up in coming days as reported by BBC and Preston and implied by NK on twitter.

Fontaine - Possibly set to be paid up as well - but only speculation.

Harewood - Contracted to end of the season - someone has heard he's gone as well so everyone has taken that as gospel (classic OTIB). Can't see it, at least until the end of Jan when we may have signed another striker.

Conclusion - Shorey and Kilkenny certainly gone for good. Fontaine and Harewood - just speculation.

Strange indicator of ' official' you have there, seeing as both the official site and the Beeb have confirmed it. O'Driscoll was the then head coach, and thus an official mouthpeice for the club,

What more do you want? A club official, knocking on your door and telling you face to face, before you will accept it as being so?

Weird :blink:

The official site confirmed o Driscoll said he has more than likely played his last game for us.. Not sure how that can be official in anyone's books.

Good riddance to shorey, started his few games looking like a player but has clearly lost all interest now. Over the last 2 months his performances have been woeful. How he was in the England squad last year (I think?) I really have no idea. As for harewood I think he should be given a crack, he is contracted to the end of the season, and he has more goal threat than ryan 'no goals' taylor. In the games I've seen him hes looked a bit of a threat, it all depends who we get in January I guess.

I also heard we were only at 46% of our wages budget so surely we cant make losses this year?!

That doesn't seem very plausible considering that O'Driscoll said in the summer we had used up 80% before he had recruited anyone (although this is before Adomah left). It seems much more likely we are near the wages cap as why else would we look to terminate contracts e.g. Kilkenny. The Rovers and tamworth games will have helped bring in some extra revenue though.

That doesn't seem very plausible considering that O'Driscoll said in the summer we had used up 80% before he had recruited anyone (although this is before Adomah left). It seems much more likely we are near the wages cap as why else would we look to terminate contracts e.g. Kilkenny. The Rovers and tamworth games will have helped bring in some extra revenue though.

The quote was that the players that were left (start of season) had used up 80% of the 60% turnover allowed to be used on wages..

If Fontaine, Kilkenny & Elliott were off the books, we would have loads to play with.

I was surprised when SL said that it would be a poor set of accounts again this year as McInnes was told to slash the budget in half last season and we also lost some high earners during the summer.

I would hazard a guess at a 7m loss.....any more and questions have to be answered IMO.

Not convinced that Kilkenny is waiving his contract. He may well have taken a reduction on the value of his contract in order to get it paid now. But this also frees him up to sign for, and therefore earn at, another club.

It is actually very favourable for a player to do this. They get to move on and cut all ties with current club, benefit from pay off and sign a new contract at another club.

Not convinced that Kilkenny is waiving his contract. He may well have taken a reduction on the value of his contract in order to get it paid now. But this also frees him up to sign for, and therefore earn at, another club.

It is actually very favourable for a player to do this. They get to move on and cut all ties with current club, benefit from pay off and sign a new contract at another club.

What's all this bloody sense, eh? For God's sake can't you just leave people to put 2 and 2 together to come with 3.5 on their own?? :P

80% of the 60% of turnover allowed to be spent means we would have been spending 48% of turnover on salaries so looks like we've trimmed this a little since SOD's comments and the figure that came from the Fans Parliament (I think?)

Well, how about the PNE manager? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25355589

He's gone, paid up, left the club as of 4th Jan Au Revoir etc etc

Is the world still flat in your neck of the woods or do you need more proof? :P

I don't think you're seeing my point. I know he won't be playing for us again, it's just that hasn't been made official yet. another manager saying it doesn't make it official. This is kind of pointless so it may be best to leave it now.

Was told that Kilkenny waived his right to a pay off as wanted away so much. If true and a big if, very admirable in this day and age.

What's all this bloody sense, eh? For God's sake can't you just leave people to put 2 and 2 together to come with 3.5 on their own?? :P

I can fully understand your scepticism Sleepy, but it's true.  I'd also heard from a very good source that Kilkenny has "paid up his own contract",  i.e he's waived the remainder of his salary in order for us to release his registration.  Much like Lee Johnson did a couple of years ago.

This is to be admired.  No matter what we think of Killa's performances, he knows he won't get a game here and is willing to cancel his contract to get football somewhere else.

With Harewood gone certainly indicates Cotterill will be in for a forward in the transfer window.

Harewood was clearly shot.

...bit drastic but it sends a message to potential signees that we at BCFC mean business - don't come here if you're not up to the job in hand. (if true MH may have paid the price after the likes of D James etc , we aint a soft touch for anyone anymore!)

Good way to avoid paying up remaining terms of cancelled contracts too - very clever if we get away with it - no doubt it was made to look like an accident :) .

I can fully understand your scepticism Sleepy, but it's true.  I'd also heard from a very good source that Kilkenny has "paid up his own contract",  i.e he's waived the remainder of his salary in order for us to release his registration.  Much like Lee Johnson did a couple of years ago.

This is to be admired.  No matter what we think of Killa's performances, he knows he won't get a game here and is willing to cancel his contract to get football somewhere else.

Agreed, and I was only basing my sceptism off Grayson's comment "He'll be paid up by Bristol City" and that not many players would be willing to tear up a contract for nothing.

Basically the fifty grand expense comes out of for example the transfer budget which doesn't count towards wages and by paying him that, he cancels his contract thus freeing up the 2/3k he was on a week for another player.

Does that make any more sense?

This is not correct!

The cost of paying-up a player contract is included within the SCMP target as are transfer fees paid for incoming players - transfer fees received for outgoing players contribute to turnover and thereby increase the SCMP target.

How much can be set aside following relegation remains to be clarified.

It does remain the case that new equity (as opposed to shareholder loans) can be used to bring expenditure within the cap and so (as suggested) SL can finance SC's transfer plans to the extent he sees fit without.

Archived