IGNORED

East End Not Clapping Tinnion?

The Humble Realist

I'm glad he did the draw and we were able to clap him at last.I didn't think he would ever be able to walk back onto the pitch (even if it was only pitchside) again. I know he has been involved with the club for a while but he hasn't been seen so publicly as such.

I hope a line can now be drawn under his time here as manager, the good and the bad is now history. He is here in a different role and hopefully it will be more good times for both him and the club now.

The other 2000 can't be arsed to argue with somebody so obviously deluded.

Tinnion is one of the half-dozen best players I've seen in 55 years supporting City.

Surely you are joking, 55 years & one of the best half a dozen? you talk about him in the same breath as  our '76 promotion winning side? better than Cole, Caulker, Taylor x2, Maynard, Jacki, Jet, Galley, Garland, Hunter & many others who have proved themselves at a higher level than Tinnion ever did. The most over-rated player to ever wear a City shirt, could not dribble, beat a player, tackle, head a ball, score a goal, his main attribute was being able to make long diagonal passes and relying on Murray's pace, he burnt his bridges with me when he slagged off the fans when he was our manager for having the audacity to clap Danny Wilson onto the pitch when he returned to AG with MK Dons         

Surely you are joking, 55 years & one of the best half a dozen? you talk about him in the same breath as  our '76 promotion winning side? better than Cole, Caulker, Taylor x2, Maynard, Jacki, Jet, Galley, Garland, Hunter & many others who have proved themselves at a higher level than Tinnion ever did. The most over-rated player to ever wear a City shirt, could not dribble, beat a player, tackle, head a ball, score a goal, his main attribute was being able to make long diagonal passes and relying on Murray's pace, he burnt his bridges with me when he slagged off the fans when he was our manager for having the audacity to clap Danny Wilson onto the pitch when he returned to AG with MK Dons

Steady on my friend.

Next you'll be saying that average third division players play a lot of games for average third division clubs. An awful lot sometimes, maybe even more than 600.

Him and Gow are up there for me

Thine mate told me Tins was on patch and I clapped....few grumbles though but more to with poor meat content in the pies

Please please Deano do not talk about Tinnion & Gow in the same breath, Gow, the 2nd greatest player to ever wear a City shirt, one of these players spent his career in the 3rd division while the other excelled himself in the top flight, certainly in my 45 years of following City GG stands head & shoulders above anyone else  

Please please Deano do not talk about Tinnion & Gow in the same breath, Gow, the 2nd greatest player to ever wear a City shirt, one of these players spent his career in the 3rd division while the other excelled himself in the top flight, certainly in my 45 years of following City GG stands head & shoulders above anyone else

Dear god shut up. What is it with old duffers on here slagging off the icons of the modern era because they don't match up to their delusions of grandeur?

Tinman was great, a leader who scored important goals and set up important goals too. He played in a team that played fantastic football and he could have easily played a higher level but loved this club and stayed loyal.

You're on your own (apart from the Scottish lads who hate him and will no doubt comment on this thread in due course) give it a break.

Dear god shut up. What is it with old duffers on here slagging off the icons of the modern era because they don't match up to their delusions of grandeur?

Tinman was great, a leader who scored important goals and set up important goals too. He played in a team that played fantastic football and he could have easily played a higher level but loved this club and stayed loyal.

You're on your own (apart from the Scottish lads who hate him and will no doubt comment on this thread in due course) give it a break.

It's because of posters like you that a lot of people don't post on here anymore, if someone don't agree with your opinion you decide to get abusive, i accept that a large majority of City fans rate Tinnion highly, i don't, but at the end of the day it is just my opinion, why don't you just accept that without throwing juvenile insults?  

Big Tinnion fan myself and don't agree with harrys' opinion of him. But who are you to tell him to shut up? It's his opnion on a forum for opinions. Give it a rest now and again, eh?

It's because of posters like you that a lot of people don't post on here anymore, if someone don't agree with your opinion you decide to get abusive, i accept that a large majority of City fans rate Tinnion highly, i don't, but at the end of the day it is just my opinion, why don't you just accept that without throwing juvenile insults?  

Didnt you call someone a lemon in this very thread because he didnt agree with you?

It was meant to be affectionate, sorry fella.

My point is that you've made your point, plenty have disagreed but you keep going? Just come across as obsessed a bit.

There is nothing to be gained from comparing players from completely different eras. The modern BCFC is a lower league club, Tinnion was arguably the best midfielder in that time and is subsequently a modern Legend. By insulting Tinnion as 3rd division player at best you're kind of insulting your club too..

Scottish Lads......!!!!!!

Enlighten Mr Tansley......

Oh, and for the record.... I agree with......???

It was meant to be affectionate, sorry fella.

My point is that you've made your point, plenty have disagreed but you keep going? Just come across as obsessed a bit.

There is nothing to be gained from comparing players from completely different eras. The modern BCFC is a lower league club, Tinnion was arguably the best midfielder in that time and is subsequently a modern Legend. By insulting Tinnion as 3rd division player at best you're kind of insulting your club too..

Fair comment.

Tins is the best long range distributor of the ball I've ever seen play for us. Been watching for 20+ years.

Jet produced a 400 yard cross-field pin-point pass on Sun 1st half, when it hit the target people around me in the Ateyo shouting "what a ball" I muttered Tinnions name, he'll always be a hero for me

Blimey that was some pass. I reckon Peacocks penalty at Cambridge probably went 400 yards - probably still going.

Yes, senile insults are so much more effective.

Are you sure he stayed with us because he loved us? How can you be sure the prem club he turned down was because he loved city and not other reasons. More to it than we are aware I believe.

Just to name the six best players of my time supporting City, in chronological order:

Atyeo

Gow

Merrick

Ritchie

Tinnion

Carey

That's not based in pure footballing ability, otherwise Djiekianowski would be there, but on their long-term contributions to the club.

They are all players whom I have looked forward to seeing, and who have rarely disappointed me.

Archived