IGNORED

January Transfer Window

Tom Fleuriot

Striker- youngster on loan from prem club. Keep arsenal link going with afobe or akpom etc

Winger- Luke freeman. Enough said.

In my eyes, no need for anyone else. We have the squad backup in place with the youngsters who are in and around the team already.

If that came off, we'd be left with:

GK: Parish, Fielding

LB: Cunningham, Williams, Bryan, King

RB: Moloney, Carey, Osborne

CB: Flint, Williams, Carey, Osborne, Brundle

LM: Bryan, [Freeman]

CM: Pack, Reid, Gillett, Wynter, Kelly (once back), Bryan, Wagstaff

RM: Wagstaff, Burns

ST: JET, Baldock, [+1], Burns, Krans

I actually think that squad is just about good enough to keep us up, without blocking youngsters' development. I'm not sure though that I see the value though in signing a Prem youngster on loan unless they're exceptional a la Caulker. I think any signings should be in the 24-28 bracket: a bit more experience than we have already, but with resale value.

Finding it hard to work out where the six signings are coming from.

If that came off, we'd be left with:

GK: Parish, Fielding

LB: Cunningham, Williams, Bryan, King

RB: Moloney, Carey, Osborne

CB: Flint, Williams, Carey, Osborne, Brundle

LM: Bryan, [Freeman]

CM: Pack, Reid, Gillett, Wynter, Kelly (once back), Bryan, Wagstaff

RM: Wagstaff, Burns

ST: JET, Baldock, [+1], Burns, Krans

I actually think that squad is just about good enough to keep us up, without blocking youngsters' development. I'm not sure though that I see the value though in signing a Prem youngster on loan unless they're exceptional a la Caulker. I think any signings should be in the 24-28 bracket: a bit more experience than we have already, but with resale value.

Finding it hard to work out where the six signings are coming from.

Good enough to keep us up, definitely. I would hope with the way SC has us playing that squad next season would be good enough to push for top 6 now they seem to have found a good balance with the wingbacks.

Promises to be a very exciting January and I think we may see one or two come in that no one expected.

I reckon Cotts will sign about 5, tall target man, out and out winger and versatile defensive cover for me a must.

Heard a rumour that Cotts had spoken to Harry Redknapp about taking Bobby Zamora on loan to help improve his fitness !

Oh god, Why not go all out and sign Heskey up top with him, Zamora is bloody awful

• Osborne as a permanent signing
  • sign Luke Freeman, Stevenage have said that they are going to listen to offers in January.
  • Gillett on loan till end of season
  • Get as many players of our wage bit whether partly or full from the likes of Wilson, Fontaine etc (loan, transfer or release)

People complain about Taylor Harewood, Why replace them with a replica on higher wages?

Cos if it was a possibility he's a far better player. Short term and we'd pay a fraction of his salary no doubt. How can an ex England international who's a capable championship striker be compared to a chap who's scored about 3 goals in 3 years and another chap at the end of his career at nearly basement level.

I reckon Zamora wouldn't be the best signing as I get the feeling he won't put his all in but also think we could do worse, if we did bring him in I just hope it will push Baldock into taking all these chances that keep falling to him.

Shorey-Gone already

Wilson-Unlikely to leave permanently as nobody will want to take his wages up, wil be released in summer. Could leave on loan.

Harewood-Doesn't look to be in favour at all and i'd prefer to see Burns given a go instead. "experienced" but not playing and taking up wages which could be better spent. Look to loan out in January and release in the summer

Pearson- Won't leave in January due to being injured (serious ankle damage?) will be released in the summer I expect.

Osbourne-Looking good at the back with Flint and Williams, extend loan and wouldn't mind seeing him sign permanently.

Fontaine- Unlikely to be the same for us again so would need to leave either on loan or permanently in Jan or later.

In wise: I haven't got much of an idea but would like to see another striker that would actually score goals in this league. Paddy Madden would be a great signing in my opinion. Not far for him to go, would get games and goals. Jon Stead on loan would be a great signing but unlikely.

Another defender just cover injuries and get them to compete together.

Extend Gillet loan deal, played well last few games.

As much as Baldock's missed chances annoy the **** out me I'm glad he's getting in the positions to score & can see him improving that in the second half the season hopefully.

In addition to this, his work rate without the ball should be commended.

Defensive cover is a must. Think he might want an experienced defensive centre mid to replace Elliot so Reid and gillet can push on. Would like to see a striker to so baldock has some competition, and a winger to give us more pace out wide.

Keep Taylor though, gives us a big man option and still only young.

Cos if it was a possibility he's a far better player. Short term and we'd pay a fraction of his salary no doubt. How can an ex England international who's a capable championship striker be compared to a chap who's scored about 3 goals in 3 years and another chap at the end of his career at nearly basement level.

Ex England International, So was shorey, Playing prem last year

He's useless, One alright season that got him call up nothing since and not much before then

My Wish List :

Out - Shorey, Taylor, Pearson, Wilson, Harewood, O'Connor.

Keep - Osborne, Gillett.

This leaves :

GK : Parrish, Fielding

RB : Moloney

LB : Cunningham

CB : Flint, Williams, Osborne, Carey

RM : Wagstaff

LM : Bryan

CM : Reid, Pack, Gillett, Elliot, Kelly, Wynter

ST : Baldock, JET, Burns

This tells me we need a new right back, cover at left back, a new winger & a striker.

Luke Freeman can cover the wing role.  Someone like Stevie May would be an interesting striker to get along.

Perhaps Ben Purrington for left back cover (although Luke Garbutt would be much better as immediate competition for Greg).

Ryan Jackson at right back.

Archived