IGNORED

January Transfer Window

Tom Fleuriot

Defensive cover is a must. Think he might want an experienced defensive centre mid to replace Elliot so Reid and gillet can push on. Would like to see a striker to so baldock has some competition, and a winger to give us more pace out wide.

Keep Taylor though, gives us a big man option and still only young.

he's nearly 26 hardly young!

Anyone know what this Patrick Bamford like from chelsea??

Been on loan at MK Dons scoring 16 in 28 from what I've read today, sounds like a good striker that can handle himself in this league & only 20 years old. Be nice if we could got him but can't see it as got others looking at him.

Been on loan at MK Dons scoring 16 in 28 from what I've read today, sounds like a good striker that can handle himself in this league & only 20 years old. Be nice if we could got him but can't see it as got others looking at him.

Off to Derby County by the look of it mate.

highly rated, runs the show for them most weeks and the club have good links with Chelsea

look elsewhere he is going nowhere !!!

I live a few miles away so have been fortunate enough to watch him play a couple of times, he wont figure for chelsea, but i think this lad will play premier league.

good shout though and you never know, set your sights high

Strongly linked with Derby on SSN

Edit: Glyn first to it, as per! ;) 

actually thinking on Glyns post

this was a loan to January only so he will be available

but with 16 goals in as many games

Derby is a good shout for his progress

I'm not sure why the clamour for a new striker. We have two who are both into double figures already, and on course to both get 20 goals in a season, which would be some record with a struggling side.

For cover, maybe, but no Prem club is going to let a striker come as cover, they will want them to get games. And anyway, don't we have cover in Wes Burns? Better for us that he gets the experience, rather than a prem club reserve.

Play someone other than jet up top with baldock would completely change our current successful formation so if we were to get a striker in, for me it would have to be an understudy for baldock or jet. I want their partnership as strikers to flourish.

Any signing at this point, unless better than what we have which is unlikely, is to provide back up for injuries etc. what we currently have is good enough to get us up the league

We could always get someone to play behind their strike partnership playing a 4-1-2-3 but can see where you're coming from as their partnership is doing us well I just thought having that person playing along side Baldock it would let JET pop up in space as well as Baldock for that extra striker to lay it off thus giving a even more attacking threat if you get what I'm saying as attack is the best form of defense I reckon :-)

I get what you saying TNBT but by putting jet behind 2 strikers alters the rest of the team. Meaning we couldn't have 3 at the back, no width and couldn't play all the players we like.

3-5-2 works for us with jet and baldock up top and they still get the goals. Width is key to creativity and the 5 in midfield allow us to compete defensively and in attack.

I wouldn't want to change anything if at all possible

What about a 3-4-1-2 which wouldn't be much of a change & could still play with bit width that way, I'm also not saying we should change the shape every game just having the option to do that if we aren't penetrating them when using our usual formation in some games or if JET is having a off game all depends on the opponent, I just think having the options to change the team around would be a good thing & reckon we'd get even more from JET & Baldock as well but see where you're coming from about changing the formation when it seems the Cotterill has got the team performing now which I think was just a case of telling them to attack bit quicker & moving it around with more purpose as from what I've got from what people have said when Sean was in charge was we didn't attack enough & was a lot of passing just for the sake of possession, I've not been able to attend any games so far so I can't really say much about it other than what people I've got from on here.

Archived