IGNORED

Who Would You Like Us To Be ?

Major Isewater

i wouldn't care if the pussycat dolls bit goes on for ever, but assuming it doesn't then you have to look at southampton for growing their own academy which has produced world class players from shearer to bale and continuing to play quality football on the grass and attracting 30k home gates.

however to paraphrase jack charlton when giving a speech at a bristol city event he hoped we would return one day to our rightful level, about eleventh in the old second division and right now that team is huddersfield town.

a team i do not aspire for us to become

Ok,so polishing an old lamp i found in the cellar ,out pops a flippin genie ,swear to God .

He says "alright mate,thanks for liberating me from that lamp.It was freakin cramped in there.Tell you what "as is the tradition " i'll grant you two wishes"

Well the first wish concerned The Pussy Cat Dolls and unlimited supplies of massage oil for that i can get by but for the second wish,

What club would you like us to be if we were n't City ?

Please don't say the Ladybirds of cymru Malaysia unless you have a good reason.

Please tell me " polishing an old lamp i found in the cellar " isn't an euphemism.

Anyway, what is it with everyone's answers?  If I can't pick City I'll pick Bristol City Reserves.  OTItWB

Sorry, you're right, but my point stands. They were already League Champions when they bought Francis. He played no part in Forest's rise from mediocrity, which was achieved with a team of low-budget misfits.

Ahem. I was right first.

What about being Bristol City, 1905-1910 or so. Only with a nice redeveloped ground and a generous local benefactor providing funds to keep that spell going a good deal longer this time?

Wonder what the comments on the Edwardian forum would've been as we just missed out on winning the league and losing the cup final narrowly to Man Utd?

"What pub we drinking in?" "Wedlock must go." "Fatty could lose a few pounds. He tired in the last five minutes." "We were too direct." "Not direct enough." "We should've listened to The Tactical Genius." "Fatty's bit short but he never gets done in the air." "The ref was bullied by the Man U boss." "The atmosphere was amazing." "We totally outsung them." "There was a bloke near me with a pretend hedgehog." "Drink up thee Cider." "Thatchers Gold!" "The Gas, the Gas, we gotta get rid of the Gas!" "We have." "Oh yeah. Sorry." "Why didn't the board strengthen the squad in the January window?" "Bloody Man U fans on the train after, gloating all the way back to Bridgwater." "Do we really want rattles in the East End?" "How about calling it the Wedlock stand?" "Sags are gloating cos we lost the cup final." "Are we a Big Club now?" "Gas will be calling us deluded." "Mind the gap." "Things can only get worse now." "Just got back from the final- couldn't see a bloody thing!" "Me neither-time for safe sitting?" "Moron." "What stand are you in?" "Did anyone get a programme?" "No. Got 'One Team In Bristol.' How long can they keep producing it?" "One day, we will be happy to beat the likes of Stevenage." "Who?" "We should be playing in Europe next season?" "What, like a competition between the best clubs across Europe?" "It would never catch on." "There's always the Glos Cup?" "Gas saying they'll bring tens of thousands to Ashton for this." "Lower division minnows! Bless them!" "They haven't got a song." "They say they are going to sing Plymuff's song." "Blue Few." "One team in Bristol".......

Something like that, I'd imagine

Could be worse Superjack could be Liverfool :-)

I like Man Utd as was the first team I got introduced to & all my Uncles cousins have always supported them but City is my team all day long CTID but wouldn't choose UTD think I'd go for mmmm Athletic Bilbio as like their recruiting policy :-)

Athletic Bilbao.

Graham you beat me to this one, a club that only picks players who were born in, or have family associated with, the local area yet they have never been out of the top division in Spain and before anybody starts I know they have tweeked the rules a little bit to get some players into the team but wouldn't it be great to see a City team made up of west country players.

All seems a tad schizophrenic to me.

If we weren't us we wouldn't be us.

"I drink therefore I am" or whatever the saying is. . .

It's a way of gauging our aspirations .Who would we most like to be like if you prefer.

I believe most have understood the ideal with some interesting replies,Southampton have made enormous strides in recent times ,it was n't so long ago the Saints were something of a joke club so there's hope for us  :yes:

It's a way of gauging our aspirations .Who would we most like to be like if you prefer. I believe most have understood the ideal with some interesting replies,Southampton have made enormous strides in recent times ,it was n't so long ago the Saints were something of a joke club so there's hope for us  :yes:

Twas only being a cunnyfunt.

Well it'd have to be Swansea or Southampton or any other club with a board who know their elbows from their arseholes.

Leicester seem to be a club on the rise without being weighed down with a massive history of success.

Otherwise qpr go through the excitement of a lot of promotions...ok intersperced with relegations.

Anything but mi table irrelevance...like ipswich.

Leicester? No way Pedro!

Best shout in the thread. Every player a local,pride in the club,pride in the region.

on the other hand a bit misguided,thinking of the ridiculous policy of the Scottish giants who would only sign Catholic or Protestant players.

Sorry I am not a big fan of exclusion.

I do however recognise with these self imposed constraints it is a challenge to produce a successful team.

Archived