IGNORED

Jets Goals

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

Probably the most naturally skillful player since Jackie. With more end product. Those asking for his dropping are deluded. Goals assists and one of the few players keeping bums on seats.

As much as Baldock misses chances, and people say these two are not a partnership. Take a look at the goals baldock has set up for jet and vice versa. I bet there are not many better goals per partnership and assists per per partnership in the whole league.

Ptetty damn impressive when you consider the creativity from midfield.

Hopefully he will be gone in January. Terrible part of the team!

Refuses to pass if in or around the area, tries to do too much.

But more than anything his attitude when we have not got the ball is shocking. Yes he has scored so important goals and saved us on occasions but we wouldnt need saving if he pulled hid weight most of the time.

Much has been made of fitness levels and our habit of conceding late goals and I put it down to 10 players having to do the work of 11 for 90 mins.

He is a luxury we neither need or can afford to carry for the rest of the season. Need someone up top with Baldock!

A big :laugh: at the above post :)

He's a great player and we're more than lucky to have him.

If someone does offer a good lump, then I'd obviously wish him well.

Plenty of strikers, regardless of their level, would LOVE to have such a decent set of highlights... at the END of a season.  

The fact we have literally played only half of the league season, and have at least one more cup game (and JET has been pretty deadly in them too) is very exciting.

And always worth keeping in mind; JET is only 23 (and literally JUST that); if we can keep him for any period of time we'll be very lucky, as he is sublimely talented.

For what it is worth; I think he'd be mad to head off in this window, regardless if it was to a Championship club/promotion chasing League One team, the latter being a situation I hope the board/manager wouldn't countenance anyhow.  I say this not for purely selfish, being-a-City-fan reasons, but from JET's perspective too; he could very well hit 25-30 goals this year, something very few strikers ever do at any professional level.

With that under his belt, plus hopefully a half decent league finish for City too (by which I mean somewhere between 17th>14th; I consider this optimistic thinking currently) then JET will have far more decent options this summer, if he was to leave (something I concede is sadly inevitable if he hits those sort of numbers and doesn't get locked into a longer contract).

Going now could start the cycle of being a bit-part player at bigger clubs again, and perhaps leave him back in this situation (needing to take a lower level chance) in 2-3 years time, which at that point in his career could be seriously negative.  Hope he's wise enough to stay, help us hopefully ride out this relegation saga, then do what Albert Adomah did by making a sensible, career-improving move.  

If we escape the drop or not, he's ALREADY done enough to leave without my feeling he's 'screwed' us in anyway, and I'd hold nothing against him.  

Personally I am just hoping our scouting team is out looking for the next potential JET already, or that some of the academy lads are getting inspired to up there game in the hope of replacing him...

Out of interest; in light of the critique of Baldock this season I would be very interesting in seeing all his goals in a video.  Realise a number are penalties, but would be good to see the finishes he has had, because one or two I remember as being impressive.

I would love to see those who think he should be dropped try and put a case forward for it after watching that!

I still sit in or around people at games that genuinely go mental if he tries something that doesn't come off. Would everyone rather have 11 triers that have no ability? Have we not seen enough of that recently? I can't see why people can't grasp the fact that different types of players form effective teams. You can't have 11 work horses or 11 ball winners. You won't get anywhere. In all honesty even most teams in this division have a luxury/maverick type player.

Let's face facts. JET is a genius and in all honesty he is way too good for this level. He isn't as 'lazy' as I thought he would be either. The only thing he is sometimes guilty of is drifting out of position. He is worth the entrance fee alone. I don't think I've yet to see him be muscled off the ball either. Ridiculously strong.

We got by far the better end of the deal with Anderson going to Ipswich. I have a mate who is an Ipswich fan and they ain't overly impressed with Ando. He did say however that they all still love JET and glad he is doing well. He felt that if a manager was ever patient enough to persist with him in a more central role at champ level he would have done the business for Ipswich at that level easy. I think that's fairly evident. Unfortunately McCarthy isn't that type of manager and Jewell is a complete clown.

JET is different class. I suggest everyone appreciates him while he is here as I would guess he won't be here for a lot longer.

Really hope we keep him until the summer, not just for us but for him it would seriously help him progressing and he'd obviously get a better move in the summer, hope he realises this too.

As for us, keeping Jay would pretty much ensure survival.

The club should use clips of his skills to teach children skills and advertise BCFC. Other clubs do this.

He also appears to have a high level of ability at freestyling during warming up.

Its all a talent City can do more with non matchday.

Great idea, they may have to sort out image rights with his agent but would be worthwhile.

It'll be genuinely interesting to see who, if anyone, comes in for him.

I reckon Wolves might come sniffing but Champ teams might need some convincing following his poor form at Ipswich and Cardiff. He is now proving he can produce the goods for someone other than SOD.

Fingers crossed we can hang on to him (and if we don't let's hope there's an opportunity to spend the money).

It'll be genuinely interesting to see who, if anyone, comes in for him.

I reckon Wolves might come sniffing but Champ teams might need some convincing following his poor form at Ipswich and Cardiff. He is now proving he can produce the goods for someone other than SOD.

Fingers crossed we can hang on to him (and if we don't let's hope there's an opportunity to spend the money).

I think Wolves is a good call, but as I mentioned, think it would possibly be a bad move, both for him and for us (really don't need to be strengthening ANY of the other teams in the division, considering our position).  I'd say price to anyone below Championship should be a +25% deal...

Heard rumours up here (Yorkshire) linking SO'D with the Sheff Weds job; if he went there could see him immediately trying to temp JET away, but that is pure speculation, and with JET's form and 18 months left (plus the time of year) I'd expect these factors to price them out, considering their financial situation.

I think Wolves is a good call, but as I mentioned, think it would possibly be a bad move, both for him and for us (really don't need to be strengthening ANY of the other teams in the division, considering our position). I'd say price to anyone below Championship should be a +25% deal...

Heard rumours up here (Yorkshire) linking SO'D with the Sheff Weds job; if he went there could see him immediately trying to temp JET away, but that is pure speculation, and with JET's form and 18 months left (plus the time of year) I'd expect these factors to price them out, considering their financial situation.

Blimey SOD to Wednesday would be a massive gamble on their part.... You'd hardly be enthusiastic as a supporter considering the job he did the last time he took over a struggling Championship team!

Have to give SOD credit for getting him here and allowing him to play his own game.

He was wasted at Ipswich being played out on the wing or up front. I'm not sure JET has a position you just have to let him do his thing!

Enjoy him while he's here folks because realistically it won't be too much longer.

Archived