IGNORED

Striker Transfer Targets

Kingswoodactor

Cov should be in 5th on 42 points really, and C&W have bagged 29 league goals between them as well! Plus Wilson is 21, so fits our youth recruitment policy nicely.

Would 500-750k be enough to land him? 

What makes you think we would spend that amount?

Paddy Madden, Billy kee from Burton, I'm quite surprised Daniel Nardiello went to Bury, he could do a job in league 1

Stevenages striker zoko has a good goal scoring rate, big, strong, powerful. Problem may be he is at the wrong end of his career, but very good goal scorer at this level.

If Nile Ranger wasn't a grade A twerp he would be a good addition, but he is, so he won't be coming

Would love for us to make a bid for either Clarke or Wilson at Coventry. I was mightily impressed with Wilson when we got done 5-4 at Sixfields, and I think they're both realistic targets.

Imagine Wilson/Jet/Baldock  :cool:

Or perhaps a sneaky bid for Lowe at Tranmere...

I wouldn't imagine either would want to join. 

Even though Cov have money problems we still probably won't be able to afford Wilson. He is absolutely superb and will want to go up a level. I would imagine biggers clubs than us will be sniffing.

Would love for us to make a bid for either Clarke or Wilson at Coventry. I was mightily impressed with Wilson when we got done 5-4 at Sixfields, and I think they're both realistic targets.

I really liked Wilson when we played them earlier on. I have read about a few teams higher than us taking a look at him. Would be a real coup.

No chance!

Not in a million years are we in a position to sign players like that.

1) We couldn't afford them.

2) Coventry might have financial problems but they are a big club who are doing VERY well considering their circumstances. They're not a little club like Stevenage, for example, where we have the big club trump card to entice them with.

3) Coventry are doing very well whereas we're just an improving side in the bottom 4.

Think we're more likely to sign out of favour / young players from the championship to be honest.

Been told he can leave.

Wow really? Gutted for Stead to be honest as it was the move he wanted and deserved.

He is a good example of a striker who puts the work in but has intelligence and ability. I always admired his work rate but only because it was one of a number of strengths he had. 

Wow really? Gutted for Stead to be honest as it was the move he wanted and deserved.

He is a good example of a striker who puts the work in but has intelligence and ability. I always admired his work rate but only because it was one of a number of strengths he had. 

Got it from here

http://www.huddersfield.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=343269

I'm usually one of the "Never Go Back" crew, but with Stead I think their would absolutely be room for an exception.  And in any case, him going back to Sheffield United would also be a return.  Dunno how his time there went compared to here.

He was excellent for us all told, and during a very difficult period for the team.  Had he not been out of contract I'd have hope we could have kept him this season.

He'd be the correct 'club in the bag' we're missing, and with JET, Baldock, Burns and him to choose from, we'd have a great range of options up top.

One of the big things going for him would be his experience of relegation battles (not just with us) and his clear affection for us, which he's stated publicly a number of times (and not just on signing like most players...).

I certainly don't think we've much, if any, chance of tempting the Coventry boys, although they are excellent players.  SC has already mentioned looking at players not getting many games at other cluybs, but who could do a job here, so any in-form first team players we are looking at area likely going to be coming from below us in the league.

Archived