IGNORED

The Bbc Thread For Rg

Esmond Million's Bung

I will start ball rolling the BBC is a mainly outdated and very average TV corporation hopefully in the death throws of it's present incarnation. it pays far to much money to it's overloaded hierarchy and even more to it's presenters and so called stars, leaving little money for the once wonderful programmes it used to make. instead of over hyped reality shit and piss poor slapstick attempting to masquerade as comedy, most of it's staples like Question Time and MOTD have that 'smug' loadsamoney outlook that is condescending to the viewers and on all of the terrestrial channels there is not a chat show worthy of it's name, just mainly overly camp presenters dicking about and blowing copious amounts of smoke up already heavily stroked celebrity ego's arses.

The great British bake off, why does it need 4 presenters?, the 2 bakers in it are more than capable of judging and presenting that show. 

You just know if the BBC present a 1 hour reality type programme it is actually a half an hour programme at best that is padded out by it's opening scenes of snippets shown 3 or 4 times during the hour and in between an excursion to an attraction nearby to the filming that bears no relation to the programme content itself. 

Over to you RG.

Come on it's new year, the good news is Cromwell didn't event the BBC but i'm sure there is a correlation.

Don't be ridiculous; Tony Blai... Sorry, the warmongering cultural Marxist lawyer war criminal Tony Blair invented a time machine and went back in time to create the BBC using a grant obtained from the EU. What a bastard

Don't be ridiculous; Tony Blai... Sorry, the warmongering cultural Marxist lawyer war criminal Tony Blair invented a time machine and went back in time to create the BBC using a grant obtained from the EU. What a bastard

Hey, that's all true, well apart from the invented a time machine bit, that was the RC religion he converted to, the highlighted bit is irrefutable.

I don't disagree with most of your OP, Esmond. It just amuses me when RG says things like: "this has not been covered by the mainstream elitist BBC propaganda news" to point out that yes it has, often on the same day he posts it!. You couldn't make it up, as Richard Littledick would say!!

Anyway, the real shocker is why the hell are you watching The Great British Bake-off. That stuff will rot your brain.

I don't disagree with most of your OP, Esmond. It just amuses me when RG says things like: "this has not been covered by the mainstream elitist BBC propaganda news" to point out that yes it has, often on the same day he posts it!. You couldn't make it up, as Richard Littledick would say!!

Anyway, the real shocker is why the hell are you watching The Great British Bake-off. That stuff will rot your brain.

Mate I have been married for 41 years and sometimes I have to be in the same room as Mrs Bung and cannot regulate what she is watching, but the upside is she is the best cook in the world and as I type she is in the kitchen preparing some wonderful cake/desert for me, what can I say.

I will start ball rolling the BBC is a mainly outdated and very average TV corporation hopefully in the death throws of it's present incarnation. it pays far to much money to it's overloaded hierarchy and even more to it's presenters and so called stars, leaving little money for the once wonderful programmes it used to make. instead of over hyped reality shit and piss poor slapstick attempting to masquerade as comedy, most of it's staples like Question Time and MOTD have that 'smug' loadsamoney outlook that is condescending to the viewers and on all of the terrestrial channels there is not a chat show worthy of it's name, just mainly overly camp presenters dicking about and blowing copious amounts of smoke up already heavily stroked celebrity ego's arses.

The great British bake off, why does it need 4 presenters?, the 2 bakers in it are more than capable of judging and presenting that show. 

You just know if the BBC present a 1 hour reality type programme it is actually a half an hour programme at best that is padded out by it's opening scenes of snippets shown 3 or 4 times during the hour and in between an excursion to an attraction nearby to the filming that bears no relation to the programme content itself. 

Over to you RG.

I was thinking something similar yesterday as to why there is a need for a TV crew to be sitting every day outside Michael Schumachers hospital. They file one or 2 reports and then must retire to their 5 star hotel for coffee & croissants. Must be costing a fortune

Over to you RG.

To be fair, I do like watching Question Time with the BBC's David Dimblebollux. :shifty:  As for Match of the Day, Jose Mourinho said - after the Chelsea v Liverpool game - that the programme is loaded with Scousers and that he hopes to be a BBC pundit when he's 75 so as to give positive comments about Chelsea. Same for Question Time - BBC Question Time needs a top personality to give the EU loving traitors - that the BBC favour - a few home truths about the corrupt and despotic nature of the EU.

To be fair, I do like watching Question Time with the BBC's David Dimblebollux. :shifty:  As for Match of the Day, Jose Mourinho said - after the Chelsea v Liverpool game - that the programme is loaded with Scousers and that he hopes to be a BBC pundit when he's 75 so as to give positive comments about Chelsea. Same for Question Time - BBC Question Time needs a top personality to give the EU loving traitors - that the BBC favour - a few home truths about the corrupt and despotic nature of the EU.

To be fair Mourinho has become a self obsessed nut bar, who talks out of his arse, the special one is fast becoming special needs.

I was thinking something similar yesterday as to why there is a need for a TV crew to be sitting every day outside Michael Schumachers hospital. They file one or 2 reports and then must retire to their 5 star hotel for coffee & croissants. Must be costing a fortune

Pointless lives are something I've never understood.

Court case finishes 4pm. 8pm, you get a live from in front of an empty municipal building. Why?

Or, loads of local reporters in their North Face coats, waterproof kecks and wellies standing in flooded carparks to illustrate bad weather. Why?

All of these pointless lives require OB vehicles trundling hither and thither and satellite booking - a major expense.

They all. do it though. Maybe the BBC is the worst culprit, but I really can't see what the fascination is with these dull TV cliches.

Pointless lives are something I've never understood.

Court case finishes 4pm. 8pm, you get a live from in front of an empty municipal building. Why?

Or, loads of local reporters in their North Face coats, waterproof kecks and wellies standing in flooded carparks to illustrate bad weather. Why?

All of these pointless lives require OB vehicles trundling hither and thither and satellite booking - a major expense.

They all. do it though. Maybe the BBC is the worst culprit, but I really can't see what the fascination is with these dull TV cliches.

It's a populist news channel, so it will report on 'populist' things: court cases that anger Joe Bloggs, the illness of a minor royal, the birth of a footballers baby. These things are reported in a simple, demonstrative way because they are simple, demonstrative subjects. They give the impression of something urgent and constantly evolving when we all know they are anything but. If you analyse or even momentarily consider what they're doing its ridiculous, but its aimed at people who want their news spoon-fed to them rather than people who seek it out

The other thing about outside broadcast is that in many scenarios the BBC are damned if they do and damned if they don't. If poor old Betty is up to her knees in water with the sideboard floating out the door and the reporter is sat in a warm studio 200 miles away, they're accused of lacking any connection with 'the public'. If the reporter is screaming "IT'S WINDY!!!" into a microphone as the Atlantic Ocean breaches the sea defences behind them it's pointless and costly. Can't win really

It's a populist news channel, so it will report on 'populist' things: court cases that anger Joe Bloggs, the illness of a minor royal, the birth of a footballers baby. These things are reported in a simple, demonstrative way because they are simple, demonstrative subjects. They give the impression of something urgent and constantly evolving when we all know they are anything but. If you analyse or even momentarily consider what they're doing its ridiculous, but its aimed at people who want their news spoon-fed to them rather than people who seek it out

The other thing about outside broadcast is that in many scenarios the BBC are damned if they do and damned if they don't. If poor old Betty is up to her knees in water with the sideboard floating out the door and the reporter is sat in a warm studio 200 miles away, they're accused of lacking any connection with 'the public'. If the reporter is screaming "IT'S WINDY!!!" into a microphone as the Atlantic Ocean breaches the sea defences behind them it's pointless and costly. Can't win really

I agree CD. It's news distilled down to the Gobbers level.

But empty court buildings? What does that illustrate!

Mate I have been married for 41 years and sometimes I have to be in the same room as Mrs Bung and cannot regulate what she is watching, but the upside is she is the best cook in the world and as I type she is in the kitchen preparing some wonderful cake/desert for me, what can I say.

What a bastard, as further evidence I took a lovely photo of Mrs Bung's latest culinary triumph but you cannot upload photo's onto this particular forum, WTF do we pay our licence fee for?, eh that's what I want to know.

I agree CD. It's news distilled down to the Gobbers level.

But empty court buildings? What does that illustrate!

I didn't realise you could distill something to 'bloomin mental'

To be fair, in the case of an empty court building, if they've decided to send a team to stand outside a court building during the day to take endless footage of protagonists walking into court and then walking out again, they might as well file all their reports from there- cheaper than booking studio time somewhere I presume?

What a bastard, as further evidence I took a lovely photo of Mrs Bung's latest culinary triumph but you cannot upload photo's onto this particular forum, WTF do we pay our licence fee for?, eh that's what I want to know.

The war criminal lawyer has taken the 'upload photo' function hostage and is holding it in his evil lair at the top of a giant skull-shaped mountain in Brussels

I didn't realise you could distill something to 'bloomin mental'

To be fair, in the case of an empty court building, if they've decided to send a team to stand outside a court building during the day to take endless footage of protagonists walking into court and then walking out again, they might as well file all their reports from there- cheaper than booking studio time somewhere I presume?

Were I the director I'd OOV it: get an out-of-video voiceover done on the previously shot, hopefully more interesting, footage from the day.  Bread-and-butter to C4 News.

Archived