IGNORED

The Bbc Thread For Rg

Esmond Million's Bung

I always assumed when not appearing on camera the reporter would be....well you know, trying to get more of the story from local sources?

They tried that with the Schumacher story but the best they could do was say "I'm sorry I couldn't hear what you said because the Air Ambulance Chopper is flying out as I speak. Incidently, it is the SAME Air Ambulance that bought Shumacher to the hospital"...................gripping journalism !!

The BBC tears me in 2. On one side it over pays its staff and of late has produced some absolute dross to cover its 4 main TV channels as opposed to just the 2.  The whole Saville affair also makes my stomach churn.

However on the other side, the bbc website is my go to for weather, news and sport (except City and Bristol). The website is great with no adverts and I don't know what I'd do without it.

If I can't get to see City then I can always listen to the games on my radio.

Radio 2 and 5 Live are my top 2 radio stations. 

They do still have some good TV, for example BBC documentrys are second to none.

You can argue all day as to whether or not they're unbiased but it's better than the Murdoch brigade on almost every other channel.

I think my point is that I like the BBC and the concept of it. Just it needs a bit of a shake up as those who run/have run it recently are the problem

Do you mind me asking what you do for the BBC when you work there? I work for one of those OB companies you referred to earlier. Although, the OB department is getting closed down due to the BBC out sourcing to other companies. Might be a sign they are trying to cut their costs!

I agree with EMB, as the BBC are publicly funded, they should be much more selective where they send people and how much they spend on presenters etc. If Sky want to send a fleet of trucks to a cat stuck up a tree, then that's up to them because in turn, customers who don't like it can stop giving them money if they so wish.

I'm not an employee NR. I work at various places advising them about aspects of new technology and project managing certain migrational operations, the BBC is one client.

I will confess that, although i know lots of people who do, I've never worked in television - bar a few election day programmes and setting up the interactive service for a certain popular politics show.

I agree with your last line too.  :)

They are at it again today. This time by telling us all how stupid and dangerous it is to be walking or standing on the Esplanade with all the high seas & storms while all the time they are walking or standing on the Esplanade themselves

They are at it again today. This time by telling us all how stupid and dangerous it is to be walking or standing on the Esplanade with all the high seas & storms while all the time they are walking or standing on the Esplanade themselves

That's cultural marxists/EU loving/traitors for you, they are just all madcap thrill seekers getting their fix at the licence payers expense, can't you just imagine their parties?, I bet it's like the UK version of Jackass, haven't you seen the photos of Naughty Nick Robinson stapling his ball sack to the news desk.

The BBC tears me in 2. On one side it over pays its staff and of late has produced some absolute dross to cover its 4 main TV channels as opposed to just the 2.  The whole Saville affair also makes my stomach churn.

However on the other side, the bbc website is my go to for weather, news and sport (except City and Bristol). The website is great with no adverts and I don't know what I'd do without it.

If I can't get to see City then I can always listen to the games on my radio.

Radio 2 and 5 Live are my top 2 radio stations. 

They do still have some good TV, for example BBC documentrys are second to none.

You can argue all day as to whether or not they're unbiased but it's better than the Murdoch brigade on almost every other channel.

I think my point is that I like the BBC and the concept of it. Just it needs a bit of a shake up as those who run/have run it recently are the problem

My thoughts exactly, apart from Radio 2 !  

BBC 4 is good for slightly offbeat stuff, although too many repeats lately. If they want to make cutbacks they could do away with 3 and management.

My thoughts exactly, apart from Radio 2 !  

BBC 4 is good for slightly offbeat stuff, although too many repeats lately. If they want to make cutbacks they could do away with 3 and management.

Radio 2 is the bee's knees...the dog's danglies. Jeremy Vine during lunch is a wonder to behold. Radio 4 is good for some comedy...but I can't really get into it

Archived