IGNORED

Mark Clattenburg

wayne allisons tongues

Found not guilty for comments towards Adam Lalana, was investigated last year for comments allagedly at Chelsea man utd match. Is there more going on than is being let on and is it now time for refs to have microphones we can hear.

I'm not sure what Clattenburg was supposed to have said to Lallana, but fair play to refs generally for putting up with being called a '*****, ******, ****', etc etc by the vast majority of players and not reacting. I couldn't handle it, I know.

I agree that microphones would help, but for live matches they'd have to be on time delay as there is no way most thick footballers would remember they are being broadcast or recorded and they'd still carry on swearing like *****.

I'm not sure what Clattenburg was supposed to have said to Lallana, but fair play to refs generally for putting up with being called a '*****, ******, ****', etc etc by the vast majority of players and not reacting. I couldn't handle it, I know.

I agree that microphones would help, but for live matches they'd have to be on time delay as there is no way most thick footballers would remember they are being broadcast or recorded and they'd still carry on swearing like *****.

At least in Rugby the refs and the players know the drill. Rooney wandering round calling the ref a **** every 2 mins will do nothing for the game if we can hear it.

The official is believed to have told skipper Lallana: "You're very different now you've played for England. You never used to be like this."

I think Clattenburg is a tit !  that said I would tend to be on his side in this situation as many of you said the abuse that ref's get is disgraceful ( if sometimes warranted ).

?The precious little Prem players aren't used to people talking back to them, I dream of a day ( that will never come) when Footballers treat refs the same as Rugby players.

This rant may have been longer but I have only been drinking for a short while, give me an hour and someone mention "Modern football" and we could be here a while.  :blush2:

The official is believed to have told skipper Lallana: "You're very different now you've played for England. You never used to be like this."

Seriously??!! Poor little munchkin! I just hope Lallana has never sworn at a ref or questioned a decision as that would be more than a touch hypocritical given the way he has flounced at a very lighthearted comment by Clattenburg.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if Clattenburg made his comment after a tirade by Lallana. Embarrassing stuff from the 'Saints'.

Head of media Jordan Sibley said in a statement: "An official insulting any player, no matter his intentions, is clearly not acceptable behaviour.For this reason, we do not accept the verdict of the PGMOL in relation to this case, and do not consider the matter to be over."

Southampton might want to let this drop or I can see a few red cards coming their way for foul and abusive language.

Yet again this shows modern football up for what it is, mens game my arse it's played by overpaid pussies, many of whom have not had anyone say no to them since the age of 8, what Clattenberg said was spot on, Lallana was in his face for the whole game, players abuse of referees (foul and abusive language) is yet another law that is far too often ignored and why because if the referees carried out the laws of game to the letter there would be several games called off because of not having enough players on the pitch and of course the people that really run football (Sky etc.) would not allow that would they.

Head of media Jordan Sibley said in a statement: "An official insulting any player, no matter his intentions, is clearly not acceptable behaviour.For this reason, we do not accept the verdict of the PGMOL in relation to this case, and do not consider the matter to be over."

Southampton might want to let this drop or I can see a few red cards coming their way for foul and abusive language.

I sincerely hope this farce does have unintended consequences, and refs start flashing cards for abusive language toward them.

Yep the comment fuss about nothing the decisions another matter. I often wonder if refs are taking back handers from the betting fraternity. I know it's stupid but decisions are getting worse.

Who'd be a ref mind with all the abuse they get. Played rugby for twenty odd years got sent off many times but never ever talked back at a ref or saw it.

I sincerely hope this farce does have unintended consequences, and refs start flashing cards for abusive language toward them.

How long would it last before players got it. I'd welcome it. No one deserves to be abused like that at work, from the crowd or the players. If you were at work and someone came in and called you a ****ing useless c***, you'd be straight in your bosses office etc etc. Respect leads to respect

That statement reads like a comedy sketch when you consider the way footballers, including Southampton's, abuse refs.

I hope the media keep a close eye on any profanities that Saints' players, and particularly Lallana, use towards officials in the future and publish anything that is considered worse than Clattenburg's comment. It might, just might, make them realise how completely stupid they look right now.

As usual everyone is quick to slag off a footballer without knowing the facts. Lallana mentioned it to a teammate, someone overheard, the clubs board got wind of it and put in a complaint

Nothing to do with Lallana really. Now everyone is taking the opportunity to have a go at him including the wise on this forum.

As usual everyone is quick to slag off a footballer without knowing the facts. Lallana mentioned it to a teammate, someone overheard, the clubs board got wind of it and put in a complaint

Nothing to do with Lallana really. Now everyone is taking the opportunity to have a go at him including the wise on this forum.

I think it's a mix of having a go at Lallana and Southampton. Lallana could have explicitly said to the club that he didn't want to take it further (he may have done of course, and they may have ignored him) and Southampton could have stopped for a second to think how hypocritical their stance is on this matter.

The club and the player deserve all the stick they are getting for their display of arrogance.

The televised games are already on a delay, I don't think it would do football any good to have ref's mic.'d up though

Southampton think Clattenburg's got it in for them, the only thing that will change if he referees a game for them and makes 0 mistakes and they know it

However I am disappointed I haven't read "Premiership footballer in attitude problem shocker what next?" on OTIB yet!

I think it's a mix of having a go at Lallana and Southampton. Lallana could have explicitly said to the club that he didn't want to take it further (he may have done of course, and they may have ignored him) and Southampton could have stopped for a second to think how hypocritical their stance is on this matter.

The club and the player deserve all the stick they are getting for their display of arrogance.

The club used is as a way to try to stop Clattenburg from refereeing their games. Like Everton successfully did for six years.

Trust you, Lallana or the club who gives a ****, it's pathetic and embarrassing and most of all hypocritical by both player and club, if you actually watched the game Lallana was in Clattenberg face throughout the 90 minutes, it's just typical of modern day football, I repeat mans game my arse.

During the highly publicised spat with Chelsea, for which they have not quite so publicly 'expressed their regret' over the clubs handling of the incident, there was only one person who came out of it with their integrity fully intact before, during and after the event and that was Clattenberg and I fully expect the same thing to happen again.

Trust you, Lallana or the club who gives a ****, it's pathetic and embarrassing and most of all hypocritical by both player and club, if you actually watched the game Lallana was in Clattenberg face throughout the 90 minutes, it's just typical of modern day football, I repeat mans game my arse.

Trust me. Yes, trust me to read the facts on something before spouting carp.

Archived