IGNORED

Mark Clattenburg

wayne allisons tongues

I'm not sure what Clattenburg was supposed to have said to Lallana, but fair play to refs generally for putting up with being called a '*****, ******, ****', etc etc by the vast majority of players and not reacting. I couldn't handle it, I know.

I agree that microphones would help, but for live matches they'd have to be on time delay as there is no way most thick footballers would remember they are being broadcast or recorded and they'd still carry on swearing like *****.[/quote. They can't have microphones as the PFA would not agree to this reference H & J talksport

• Admin

If referees get mic-ed up, does that mean they will have to take on the Davina McCall role and remind players "You are live on Sky Sports 1, please do not swear"?

I honestly cannot understand why Southampton are making an issue of this, it's not even much of an insult and any player offended by such a comment needs to invest his hugely over-inflated wages on getting a total body skin-graft!

At least Southampton have drawn a line in the sand as to what they consider insulting and won't have any complaints from now on when each referee books their players for calling the referee a **** etc. Anything else would be hypocritical of them.

EMB - he's only 19, thinks the world revolves around him. See his other world-defining posts, defending convicted paedo's recently........

19? No

Defended peadophiles? No

Mods - can this kid follow me around on this forum spreading lies? It's been allowed up until now

What's the point in any sort of debate or difference in view in this sort of thing is allowed?

Its funny how this player has complained about this yet we rarely hear refs complain about the use of language players use at then during the game. How many times on match of the day, for example, do you lip read players abusing refs?

Funny how footballers think they should be treated like gods these days. Like a previous poster said - this guy should grow a pair, man up and get on with it.

I think Clattenburg is a tit ! that said I would tend to be on his side in this situation as many of you said the abuse that ref's get is disgraceful ( if sometimes warranted ).

?The precious little Prem players aren't used to people talking back to them, I dream of a day ( that will never come) when Footballers treat refs the same as Rugby players.

This rant may have been longer but I have only been drinking for a short while, give me an hour and someone mention "Modern football" and we could be here a while. :blush2:

Abuse of refs is never warranted. I'd love it if one day a ref has had enough of abuse from a player so decides to punch that player in the face.

I agree the language used by players to refs is ridiculous, and as soon as the fa agree that carding everyone for it is way forward the better. Would set an example to youngsters watching that its wrong.

Was more interested in why twice in a year Mark Clattenburg is being investigated for alleged comments towards players. He either is reffing the game well, having a laugh with players and its going to far.

Is he overstepping the line and needs to be told to just ref and stop the banter.

Overall we need players to stop abusing refs and refs trying to be centre of attention and maybe answerable after a match like managers are.

But the Pfa need to stop standing up for players even when wrong and have less power and refs union to be more approachable and have all power in one place not with various authorities.

That would be as ridiculous as the original complaint IMO.

You are correct however, I for one am fed up with clubs and players alike manipulating an already one sided system, the referees actually hold the power, they only need to start working to rule, but of course as I have already stated Sky and other broadcasters will not allow it and as we know they run football.

Mic the refs up but don't broadcast it to the public - bit like the stump mic in cricket.  It wouldn't sensationalise it like some might want (i.e. sky sports) but it would sure as hell stop a lot of the back chat and also allegations like this.

Trust you, Lallana or the club who gives a ****, it's pathetic and embarrassing and most of all hypocritical by both player and club, if you actually watched the game Lallana was in Clattenberg face throughout the 90 minutes, it's just typical of modern day football, I repeat mans game my arse.

Little to disagree with there squire.

Mic the refs up but don't broadcast it to the public - bit like the stump mic in cricket.  It wouldn't sensationalise it like some might want (i.e. sky sports) but it would sure as hell stop a lot of the back chat and also allegations like this.

Back in 1989 the ref for Arsenal v Millwall was secretly mic'd up for a documentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4ruNosLNOE

Don't think that things have got any better since then!

Archived