IGNORED

Drunk Fans

phantom

I'm with the group who say this behaviour by stewards seems OTT and demeaning.  The club can't afford to alienate fans at the minute, yet they seem to put various small irritations in our way.

I say "our" although I've always found the stewards friendly and helpful, but I know many others have encountered idiots. In particular, the EE seems to be treated like a social problem rather than a collection of passionate fans.

In all the years I've watched City I don't ever recall seeing anyone obviously drunk. However, I've seen bunches of usually youngest blokes (Home Fans) inside AG absolutely hell bent on kicking off with other City fans. They showed no signs of being drunk but showed all the signs of being arseholes. The club are clearly being highly selective on who they regard as able to enter the ground, arsehole looking for a fight yes but somebody who has had a few drinks, no.

I don't think people who are clearly rat-assed should be necessarily allowed to enter but from the OP original post he states his group were not drunk or exhibiting signs of drunkeness but were asked to walk in a straight line to gain entry. I genuinely can't understand anybody on this thread who thinks that is acceptable. The discussion is based on the OP experience and not A.N Other being clearly drunk.

Dunno, old rod stewart, most pf tge time was pissed out of his head. O guess a happy drunk is a lot more acceptable than a violent drunk

I'm with the group who say this behaviour by stewards seems OTT and demeaning. The club can't afford to alienate fans at the minute, yet they seem to put various small irritations in our way.

I say "our" although I've always found the stewards friendly and helpful, but I know many others have encountered idiots. In particular, the EE seems to be treated like a social problem rather than a collection of passionate fans.

Most stewards are okay, there are a few that are utter numpties. The head steward in the Dolman was a roght dick. Used to come up from nowhere, fire into 4 and 5 year olds, but run off when there was any sort of altercation where adults were involved. Often a altercation he started by acting a hardman toward young kids!

The problem as I see it, is consistency and in two parts,

A/ How on earth can all the hi-vis gang act in the same way ? they cant, everyone of them will have a different definition of drunk 

B/ At what stage are you drunk ? its simple when your stopped driving just blow into the tube, and you will find out soon enough, but that's a machine that is judging you and set to a specific number, if the hi-vis gang member takes a dislike to you then your in deep shit, even if youve not been drinking IMO

This is very bad news indeed and a back lash the like of City have not seen in a while could be coming 

I appreciate if you have someone falling all over the place then yeah keep him out, but a few beers and no issues .... no i feel there is trouble ahead !

Most stewards are okay, there are a few that are utter numpties. The head steward in the Dolman was a roght dick. Used to come up from nowhere, fire into 4 and 5 year olds, ...

Perhaps he was just checking they weren't drunk. He's well within his rights don't you know.

Fact is by law only a policeman can decide of someone is drunk. So if someone was turned away by a steward, legally they would be on very dodgy ground.

it is worth remembering that it is illegal to enter a football ground intoxicated, although In my mind, I've only seen that card played very rarely and then only at away games.

As I'm constantly reminded, it's a private business. They have the right to refuse admission to their premises.

Archived