IGNORED

Wes Burns

Lew-T

Haven't seen anything mentioned of him but I thought he should get a mention for his performance yesterday. He was superb! Very exciting to watch and set up JET to knock the ball home.

He also looked better suited on the right which he made a impact on the game. Exciting talent for sure.

Did you hear what Cotterill said he said to him on the touch line on BBC radio Bristol? "Are you going to make an impact Wes". "Yes" he replied, "because you said that last time" and that he won't develop as a player unless he gives it a little more every game. What a great motivator and exactly the right approach to youngsters.

I was just about to start a thread on this! How exciting it was to see somebody with pace, getting in behind the defence, cutting in, and laying it across for a tap in from six yards. Width and pace was one of the things missing from SOD's reign. At this level it's crucial. We just can't keep on relying on balls over the top or on one bit of magic from 25 yards from JET. Nice to see Jet get two tap ins recently. I think SC's comments about Burns and JET are spot on too.

Nice to see the upturn in fortunes but won't be fully happy until we are snuggled into a safe mid-table position.

I was just about to start a thread on this! How exciting it was to see somebody with pace, getting in behind the defence, cutting in, and laying it across for a tap in from six yards. Width and pace was one of the things missing from SOD's reign. At this level it's crucial. We just can't keep on relying on balls over the top or on one bit of magic from 25 yards from JET. Nice to see Jet get two tap ins recently. I think SC's comments about Burns and JET are spot on too.

Nice to see the upturn in fortunes but won't be fully happy until we are snuggled into a safe mid-table position.

Not just pace, but pace and strength combined. The fastest winger we've ever had was Ivan Sproule, but he would never have supplied that cross for JET because he wouldn't have had the strength to hold the defender off.

That and he couldn't cross for toffee :P

Not just pace, but pace and strength combined. The fastest winger we've ever had was Ivan Sproule, but he would never have supplied that cross for JET because he wouldn't have had the strength to hold the defender off.

Best goal was definitely the tap in against Southampton :P

Agreed! In fact I think I typed 'and strength' into my post but must of accidentally deleted it! 'And without fear' would have been another quote. Looking forward to seeing more of Wes on the pitch. I think the way in which SC is slowly introducing him is spot on too. Not the complete article yet but hopefully a first team regular in the not too distant future.

Totally agree with everything said here. Also has anyone else noticed how very similar yesterdays goal was to the one Baldock set up for JET on Sunday. Practically identical.

Yes, but in fairness ,neither were "tap ins". With both he DID something with the ball, not just poking it in, he wrong footed the keeper as well.

Wonder if he can bowl "leggies", Andy Flowers are you watching?   :shifty:

He's what we've been missing since Albert left, so fitting that he wears the number 27 shirt. Very exciting player that gets bums off seats every time he receives the ball.

Agree. He's a very exciting prospect that's for sure.

He has made an impact every time he has come on to be honest and we always look more of an attacking threat. Yesterday was just that bit sweeter as he did the business against a championship side & of course set up the goal very well. It looks as if though SC is handling him very well at present.

Annoying that there was no mention of Wes on the ITV goals highlights programme. Just Jet mentioned - our only player of note it seems. They could have least said 'brilliantly set up by Wes Burns'!!

To be fair to radio Bristol they raved more about Wes Burns cross than the actual goal. They said he surely should be pushing or a start. I'd disagree with that and think the way he is being gradually introduced, and against tiring defenders, is the right way to do it. He really is an exciting prospect. He just gets on the pitch and looks so strong and confident, a joy to watch. Hope we see a lot more of him in the future.

Archived