IGNORED

If We Get To The Etihad..

Who Are Rovers?

I used to live in one of those coronation street looky likeys by Maine Road. The local spermers used to run the old '50p to watch your car mister' racket on match days.

Bit rich calling it a Coronation Street looky-likey, we had a front yard: would have been posh for Weatherfield.

Now the 1st house I was in there, bang-on.  And so close to Maine Road I recall watching them play Spurs, left the Kippax on final whistle and still got home in time for James Alexander Gordon.

Can't get excited by the (potential) tie if I'm honest

20 years ago, at Maine Road, when we'd have stood half a chance then yeah, I'd have been up for it. Going to The Etihad to play Citeh's 4ths - I'll give that a miss thanks

Can only think that if we do get through, and get an absolute bollocking up there that it may just derail any momentum we had under SC

As nice as a Cup run would be, I'd rather it was happening whilst we aren't fighting relegation to Division 4

In theory the F.A.Cup run is fine, we can fit a relegation scrap around it with no problem and it keeps some excitement to the season. We shouldn't look to find a reason to reduce it's importance every season. The JPT would be another matter entirely.

Got to agree about Man.City at the Etihad though, a likely pummelling by a reserve team of internationals in a half full stadium isn't my idea of a good draw at all, and I certainly won't be scrambling for a ticket should the tie materialise.

Maine Road was a great venue but, like Old Trafford, you had to keep your head down around the ground. For some they all seemed to want to punch you if they suspected you came from Bristol.  :dunno:

Archived