IGNORED

Fontaine

ciderbeans

If he accepted a dramatic decrease in wages to stay with us, would people accept that and be happy for him to stay?

only if he re-discovered his form under johnson and to a lesser extent millen,

but to be honest for the sake of his career I think he needs to move on, players can become complacenant and I think he has, it didn't help that two managers refused to take him out of the squad when his confierdance was clearly shot

I partly agree monkeh. However, he may be a good back up for Williams/flint when we have an injury/ban and as he (in fans eyes) owes us and wants to be part of the club, he may take that pay cut.. Only a thought.

Probably should move on though like the rest of the high earners have

I partly agree monkeh. However, he may be a good back up for Williams/flint when we have an injury/ban and as he (in fans eyes) owes us and wants to be part of the club, he may take that pay cut.. Only a thought.

Probably should move on though like the rest of the high earners have

at 27 he won't want to be back up he'd want to be playing Williams is raw but will imo end up being a better defender,

Brundle may not make it and I can't see him playing anytime soon so currently fonts for me is fighting for 4th choice CB with Carey

• Admin

Any idea when his current deal expires?

As others have said, short of a massive upturn in performances, we have moved on and replaced him already. As things currently stand can only see him vying for a place with Carey. With the signing of Osborne can only see Fonts making the bench at best

Any idea when his current deal expires?

As others have said, short of a massive upturn in performances, we have moved on and replaced him already. As things currently stand can only see him vying for a place with Carey. With the signing of Osborne can only see Fonts making the bench at best

out of contract in july i think, not sure

• Admin

He is still on Championship wages isn't he? plus i think he has had his day. If he does take a drop in wages it will be with Yeovil should they go down.

No, all the players had a clause in their contracts that their salary would drop if the side was relegated

If he accepted a dramatic decrease in wages to stay with us, would people accept that and be happy for him to stay?

Think this is a premature thread. We've had the 'he's back, what do people think?' thread. Now it's time to see how he does, whether he plays regularly and if he can regain some form. This is a question for a couple of months time I think.

However, I would be up for keeping him should he perform over the next 4 months. The ball is in his court as far as I'm concerned but he's got lots of people to win over.

Think this is a premature thread. We've had the 'he's back, what do people think?' thread. Now it's time to see how he does, whether he plays regularly and if he can regain some form. This is a question for a couple of months time I think.

However, I would be up for keeping him should he perform over the next 4 months. The ball is in his court as far as I'm concerned but he's got lots of people to win over.

Agreed. Realistically he's back for the rest of the season. Let's see how he does. Whilst playing 3 centre backs LF is likely to get some game time to prove or disprove his worth to SC. With Osborne signed and Carey in and around the squad again it does mean that someone should go and get games elsewhere. Perhaps Brundle out on loan and Wilson on loan again or maybe a permanent switch. SC will be in a good position to reassess come the end of the season when Carey, Fonts, Wilson and (I think) Brundle are all out of contract.

We have Williams, Flint, Osborne, Carey, Fontaine, Brundle and Wilson as available centre backs.

Williams, Flint and Osborne are all going to be here past the end of the season.

It's likely that Carey will retire and if Wilson doesn't get any game time then he'll probably be let go.

Brundle is only 19 and an unknown quantity so would provide us with backup.

With two possibly going out and Brundle inexperienced Fontaine has until the end of the season to prove his worth to Cotterill. If not, he'll leave and another would be signed. If he recaptures his form pre-Southampton saga, he'll be worth keeping.

Archived