IGNORED

Bristol Rugby

Port Said Red

They went to a near melt down behind the scenes when it became apparent Bristol were off.

source: someone that was there.

So yeah, keep following what the Higgs regime tells you.

belive me i dont believe a word that comes from higgs ... not sure you know more but then there is always someone who (claims) to knows more and better/been there !!!  ;)

The rugby will be a big loss to the gas no matter how they butter it up. The cost of maintaing the pitch wont reduce greatly. Its not as if they are looking after a state of the art surface to begin with and they rely on volunteers as it is. The biggest problem will be the cash flow the rugby brings. A guarenteed x amount of thousands in liquid cash once a fortnight will be gone. Anyone running a buisness no matter how small will know cash flow is very important. Run out of liquid cash and players suddenly find IOUs on their pay slip

The rugby will be a big loss to the gas no matter how they butter it up. The cost of maintaing the pitch wont reduce greatly. Its not as if they are looking after a state of the art surface to begin with and they rely on volunteers as it is. The biggest problem will be the cash flow the rugby brings. A guarenteed x amount of thousands in liquid cash once a fortnight will be gone. Anyone running a buisness no matter how small will know cash flow is very important. Run out of liquid cash and players suddenly find IOUs on their pay slip

+1 and I suspect that crowds will increase, especially if they get promoted.

Not bad for starters, but out of the current line up, only Nicky Robinson and George Watkins are Premier League class IMHO.

Add Ben Skirving to that and you're probably right.

Oh and Marco Mama because I'm played against him and he's an absolute animal.

Hobson if fit. Otto if fit. Johnston if fit. Not seen the lad from Wasps yet...Because he's injured!

But, yes, top quality is currently thin on the ground.

They will start development on the ground in the summer, and I assume the pitch will be re-laid with a Desso surface as well. 

The pitch isn't being put in this end of season, it's going in once the pitch has been moved

This worries me a great deal. Bringing rugger to Ashton Gate without upgrading the pitch, will seriously affect the quality of the football!

Oh! ;)

Worry not.

For one season next year both football* clubs will play at Ashton Gate on a grass pitch but this has long been planned for.

Fact.

Sauce?

CEO of the rugby club Steve Govett.

Me: "Will the grass pitch stand up to both football and rugby for a season Steve?"

Him (I paraphrase as this was prob 12 months ago now): "City's Groundsman has told us the improvements they have made over the years at Ashton Gate mean the pitch, which is one of the best in the country, is good enough to withstand both teams playing on it without any problems. City's Groundsman is already looking after all our training pitches at Clifton RFC and learning about what we require in terms of playing surface"

The brand of football the rugby club currently aspire to, and are historically renowned for, requires the best playing surface possible, ie an attacking run and pass style requires the best possible under-foot conditions and NOT a cabbage patch mudheap

* The rugby club's historical name is Bristol Football Club. When Bristol South End applied to change their name to Bristol City Football Club, the rugby club objected on the grounds that this new name might be confused with their own. This also harks back to the differences between Association football and Rugby football.

No, they're fourth at the moment.

Only top four get into the play offs this season.

Exactly mid way through their season.

Lost two more games than the side at the top, but are staying in touch with their massive "bonus points" tally.

London Welsh will be the team to beat

Just checked my mistake. Last I checked the table Bris were top but others had games in hand, it's very close at the top

Archived