IGNORED

Jet & Baldock

Go Junior GO

Are people ******* mental? The guy has scored 10 goals at the halfway mark, so some people are slagging the player off that has the potential to score 20 this season? We really have got some idiotic fans. Good god.

Because he's missed as many as he's scored.

Another player would have 5 more by now and that's not including penalties.

I support him when he plays, I just think we can get better.

A player on course for a possible/probable 20+ goal season despite affording to 'waste/miss' a number of one on one opportunities what price when the confidence/composure to convert a few more of those chances comes along?

If he was a 'complete' player at this stage of his career he would be in the Prem already, he'd be gold-dust, & hopefully his game will be allowed to develop here at AG and one day we'll have a real gold nugget to sell or a star that helps us consolidate in a good Championship position once again.

The hard bit is having the skill & knack of being in the right place at the right time to carve out these golden scoring opportunities in the first place.

So for Gods sake give Baldock credit where its due for being a talented player with these qualities...

When his end product improves, which it will if people support & encourage his efforts, the rewards will be priceless..  

Basically credit where its due, pointless knocking does no one any good, support the bloke now & reap rich rewards later.. Potentially a real City legend in the making, there's plenty of time for that potential to come good!

Another player would've got five more?!

Only one L1 player has five more and that's Leon Clarke. The vast majority of strikers in this league have got less than Baldock, so let's be happy that he converts the number of chances that he does.

As I've pointed out before, the reason that he gets all the chances he does is because of his workrate, which is significantly higher than many in this league.

Wish people would get off Baldocks back like others have said his work rate is great & he gets into plenty scoring positions which we'll get the benefit from when he does start putting 2/3 in or forcing saves. I wouldn't want him going for less than we paid unless we get someone with better record & a lot cheaper. Keep the team we got add a few where we need & continue bringing on the youth for the future. We can not stay in this division longer than next season we're to big for it imo.

Yes, but another player would have to create those chances. It's not as simple as, he should have had more. At the end of the days he's got 10 and he's creating!!! Can you tell me the last 20+ Striker city have had?

Yes, but another player would have to create those chances. It's not as simple as, he should have had more. At the end of the days he's got 10 and he's creating!!! Can you tell me the last 20+ Striker city have had?

Maynard

My question really though has been what have you thought of his finishing with his one on ones?

He missed three in a row at one point at home.

Even Cotterill felt moved to comment about it.

I just think his finishing has been poor this season.

Baldock has got 10 goals and a bunch of assists this season.

This makes him one of only 3 players in this league on double figures outside the top half (others being JET and Lowe).

And unless someone can throw down some stats proving he's significantly more wasteful than other strikers in the league on similar goal tallies, I think people dog-piling on him is bizarre.

Baldock has got 10 goals and a bunch of assists this season.

This makes him one of only 3 players in this league on double figures outside the top half (others being JET and Lowe).

And unless someone can throw down some stats proving he's significantly more wasteful than other strikers in the league on similar goal tallies, I think people dog-piling on him is bizarre.

Just not a huge fan, although I never rated Jevons and didn't he get us like 30 goals that year?!

That said, watching the JET highlights, Baldock does a lot of donkey work in the build ups, so fair do's.

Baldock is more frustrating than anything else because he does miss his fair share of chances especially 1 on 1, but you cant knock his actual goals this year particularly as he's had little support in many games and most goals have arrived from his work rate or prowess in the box. Im normally at the game and say something bad about him (ie too lightweight or too wasteful) but its only when you sit back that you realise we do have a good striker at this level and hes someone that will only get better with more service and confidence. Those saying he should go for 500k to Huddersfield and that it would be a good deal are simply idiots....

Just not a huge fan, although I never rated Jevons and didn't he get us like 30 goals that year?!

That said, watching the JET highlights, Baldock does a lot of donkey work in the build ups, so fair do's.

I'll concede that he's not as clinical as say Pitman was, but he works damn hard and clearly cares about getting us out of trouble, that's for sure.

In the situation we are in, I just think 'cashing in' (and I'm not sure we could command a reasonable price for him right anyway) in order to reinvest in a player or players who would effectively be gambles isn't wise.  Stick don't twist right now; better the 'devil' you know, and all that.

Plus, if he continues his goalscoring performance, regardless of misses, and ends up with 20+ this summer, even with only a year on his deal we'll be able to command a bigger fee (and if he gets another 10 I'd also hope we'll be in the same league).  And money in the summer goes a lot further than that in the window.

Just not a huge fan, although I never rated Jevons and didn't he get us like 30 goals that year?! That said, watching the JET highlights, Baldock does a lot of donkey work in the build ups, so fair do's.

Jevons scored 11 league goals in our promotion season, 17 in total, so nowhere near 30.

Archived