IGNORED

Where Were You When...?

Wanderingred

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wi5N2e4Zk_g

Our greatest ever comeback and there must be countless stories of fans who had left early, turned the radio off in disgust or stayed to the bitter end!

I remember I was cooking dinner whilst watching the old BBC goal rush. I still thought the score was 4-3 to Mansfield then I heard Ray Stubbs say "what an incredible match at Field Mill, its now mansfield 4 bristol city 5!!" I nearly set the kitchen on fire, I got so excited! :D

I remember being struck down with flu and stuck in bed unable to get up walk etc, i had the radio on and listened to the game, at first it made me feeo even worse but then what a comeback I was suddenly jumping up and down on the bed, my voice had returned and I was doing the Kilingsman celebration in the hallway.

I was there, my mates wanted to leave when it was 4-2 but one of the lads talked them around and we all knew what happened,

Remember jumping on this big lads back going up and down the stand and Paul holland ( I think) going mental at the ref as the tunnel was next to the away stand

I also remember when we were fighting relegation 2 0 down against Luton town who were top table Malcolm McDonald scored both we came back second half to win 3 2 great game I front of 18000 any body else remember that ? Long time ago Gerry Gow had a great game and Chris garland

1970, Easter Monday...."McDonald's a duck,quack quack,quack quack"  Les Wilson ran the show !

I have been lucky enough to witness some of our finer moments, Liverpool, Hartlepool etc but if there is one game I could turn back the clock and attend it would be Mansfield.

I listened on the radio, Ali Durden was commentating and the coverage was absolutely brilliant. in his own words he said 'i dont think i can take much more of this, this commentator is going to have a heart attack in a minute!' Infact I emailed 20p to say how good Ali Durden's commentary had been in portraying the excitement. I got a lovely letter back, from 20p, with a copy of the last few minutes commentary on cassette tape.

Would love to hear that M! :)

I probably still have it somewhere, god knows where, haven't heard it for years myself. I think I have a cassette player thingy in the loft. If I find it ill se if it still works.

I have been lucky enough to witness some of our finer moments, Liverpool, Hartlepool etc but if there is one game I could turn back the clock and attend it would be Mansfield.

I listened on the radio, Ali Durden was commentating and the coverage was absolutely brilliant. in his own words he said 'i dont think i can take much more of this, this commentator is going to have a heart attack in a minute!' Infact I emailed 20p to say how good Ali Durden's commentary had been in portraying the excitement. I got a lovely letter back, from 20p, with a copy of the last few minutes commentary on cassette tape.

This is my memory as well....  sat at home (skint) and living every moment with "Ali D"........  complete mayhem in comms box when CR scored.....

Can't recall who was co commentating alongside him? . (usually a side lined player) 

My mother had died three weeks earlier, and I was clearing out her flat and had the match on the radio.  I think her neighbours were probably a little surprised by the noise when Roberts scored the winner!

How did Lita have the nerve to claim the fourth goal?  He was nowhere near it.  Own goal for sure.

One of my favourite days watching City, a friend of mine left when it was 4-2, phoned him on the final whistle, unbelievable.  Then phoned my brother who was at the San Siro (watching AC v Inter I think) 

Remember telling him I would not swap being at Field Mill that day for any other ground/game in the world, and him agreeing!!!

Happy days. :laughcont:

Was at the Mall, doing some shopping with my best mate.

Only way we could keep up to date with the score was to pop into the Sony shop near the end as they had Final Score playing on the TV's.

I remember vividly it had come up with us scoring to make it 4-3, then flashed up with us being 5-4 ahead. We assumed it was an error and it was actually 4-4 (we were still delighted to grab a point). It was on mute so we had no idea we'd actually won it until my mate's father picked us up just afterwards.

Wish I'd been there.

It was about 3 weeks before my eldest was born, my missus was desperate to go out and get the last few things that we needed, but even at 4-2 I refused to go......with 5 mins left she said 'you're not going to win, we can go now' (there were a few f bombs dropped in there, obviously - never mess with a heavily pregnant lady if any young un's are reading this!) - so I really dug my heels in and refused to move

Genius - the wife had an incredibly happy husband, got everything she wanted and I paid for the lot too

As Red M says, the commentary that day was just fantastic. If you can get that uploaded I'd love to hear it again

This was the only away match I attended that season, and I thank the Lord this was the one I chose!

Absolutely mental - never known a match like it.

An acquaintance who supports Bury even rang me out of the blue to congratulate me. He'd just been slapped by some Carlisle supporters at Brunton Park and think he was a little pumped up!

Archived