IGNORED

Where Were You When...?

Wanderingred

I was planning to go but got a phone call from the company I worked I for in the morning asking me to see a client that afternoon at 5.15.

Before I left the house I was following results on the vidiprinter on the computer and we were 4-2 down and final scores were coming through as I was leaving the house, so I was resigned to a defeat.

When I turned up at the clients he answered the door wearing a Liverpool shirt, and as they had lost that day I said that we were obviously both feeling sorry for ourselves. When I told him I supported City, he said that we had a great result and I thought he was taking the P155. It wasn't until; he switched on Sky sports and showed me our result that I believed it!

I was there. It's hard to truely describe what it was like to anyone who wasn't actually present.

I got a phone call early that morning asking if I fancied going up, didn't have anything else planned, so unenthusiastically accepted the lift.

The game it's self needs no additional comment! Afterwards it was such a tense and dangerous feel outside of the ground. Mansfield fans, understandably, were not in the best of moods and there were little mobs of them all over the place.

We spend most of the journey home in disbelief at what we had just seen and joking about the scenario of those that could have left early, turned the radio off, gone straight to bed in a terrible mood, only to get half way through their Sunday lunch before realising what had happened!

Days like this make all the crap worthwhile!

Me and a mate went up to visit one of our mutual friends in Liverpool. The plan as always was to take in a game on the Saturday before heading into town for a few beers in the evening. Being the only city fan, I was very keen to make the slightly longer journey to Mansfield to watch our boys. Unfortunately I was overruled by my mates (1 Burnley fan and 1 Liverpool fan). They were concerned that our drinking time would be reduced, so they opted for Southport versus Yeovil instead. After the most dour 1-0 triumph for Yeovil I received a text from a city supporting mate who had made the journey to field mill - it read simply 'unbelievable'. I turned on the radio and couldn't believe my ears, totally gutted I had missed it - much to the amusement of my mates!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wi5N2e4Zk_g

Our greatest ever comeback and there must be countless stories of fans who had left early, turned the radio off in disgust or stayed to the bitter end!

I remember I was cooking dinner whilst watching the old BBC goal rush. I still thought the score was 4-3 to Mansfield then I heard Ray Stubbs say "what an incredible match at Field Mill, its now mansfield 4 bristol city 5!!" I nearly set the kitchen on fire, I got so excited! :D

A real fan would have let the house burn down :nono:

Archived