IGNORED

Good Examples Of Banter

Southport Red

Don't know how many of you know this but there is a large shopping complex in Liverpool (think Scouse Cabot Circus) called Liverpool One.  

When the new shopping complex opened, Everton opened a shop to sell club memorabilia etc and decided to call it 'Everton 2'.  As a consequence, it's postal address is Everton 2, Liverpool One.

Don't know about you, but I thought this was quite amusing (although quite a few of my Liverpool supporting mates didn't), which got me thinking.  What examples of football banter have you heard that made you smile?

Don't know how many of you know this but there is a large shopping complex in Liverpool (think Scouse Cabot Circus) called Liverpool One.  

When the new shopping complex opened, Everton opened a shop to sell club memorabilia etc and decided to call it 'Everton 2'.  As a consequence, it's postal address is Everton 2, Liverpool One.

Don't know about you, but I thought this was quite amusing (although quite a few of my Liverpool supporting mates didn't), which got me thinking.  What examples of football banter have you heard that made you smile?

How about the bloke standing behind goal in the penalty shootout in the euro's, with his c*ck out..

Don't know about anyone else, but this had my in hysterics.     

Always makes me laugh when Gasheads make vacant promises, examples

1. Upon returning to Bristol from Bath - now we are back in Bristol, within 3 seasons we will be the top dogs and have the biggest gates. Hmmm still waiting for that one.

2. After announcing the UWE Stadium - we will be in it by 2015 and by then we will be a Championship club. Hmmm not if the Green Party get their way.

And my personal favourite

3. Just about every 6 months - Lansdown has lost interest he prefers Rugby\Basketball/holidays etc. he is pulling out and you're going bust. 35 million quid says that is nonsense.

Always makes me laugh when Gasheads make vacant promises, examples

1. Upon returning to Bristol from Bath - now we are back in Bristol, within 3 seasons we will be the top dogs and have the biggest gates. Hmmm still waiting for that one.

2. After announcing the UWE Stadium - we will be in it by 2015 and by then we will be a Championship club. Hmmm not if the Green Party get their way.

And my personal favourite

3. Just about every 6 months - Lansdown has lost interest he prefers Rugby\Basketball/holidays etc. he is pulling out and you're going bust. 35 million quid says that is nonsense.

I don't know if it counts as banter but apparently Steve Lansdown once said something along the lines of "no one will talk about Bristol Rovers anymore". I don't know if he actually said it or the context of what was said if he did but those Dumbos in BS7 still cry and bitch about it years later.

Back around 10 years ago we were playing away at Luton, Joe Kinnear was their manager at the time. Anyone who's been to Kenilworth Road will know that the dugouts are across the other side of the pitch from the tunnel. As Kinnear walked across the pitch just before the start of the second half, we all gave him a chant of "You fat Bastard", he turned round and faced us all and proceeded to rub his belly, for which we then duly gave him a standing ovation.

Relegation match in the Championship, we were singing 'Going down going down going down', to which the away fans responded 'So are we so are we so are we'.

That was brilliant.

Might have been the other way round mind.

I'm sure this was the other way round, or at least it happened at a home game I was in the east end, the away fans started chanting "going down" and we responded with "so are we"

Looking at the fixtures I'm pretty sure it was Sheff Wednesday at home on Easter Monday

Love it

I'm sure this was the other way round, or at least it happened at a home game I was in the east end, the away fans started chanting "going down" and we responded with "so are we"

Looking at the fixtures I'm pretty sure it was Sheff Wednesday at home on Easter Monday

Invented by Swindon in their last PL game v Leeds, after they let in their fourth goal to complete their 100 against.

They were right, too. Leeds only lasted a couple more seasons in the PL themselves.

I always enjoy Plymouth singing 'you dirty northern bastards' at our place. Apparently they do it at Torquay and Exeter as well.

This is my personal fave but ,as has been discussed on here before, the very best humour i have heard was when a guy, who posts on here, proposed to his girlfriend in front of the Ateyo to a chorus of " you dont know what you're doing" :clapping:

This is my personal fave but ,as has been discussed on here before, the very best humour i have heard was when a guy, who posts on here, proposed to his girlfriend in front of the Ateyo to a chorus of " you dont know what you're doing" :clapping:

I remember that. Few years ago, though...

Great story about Rodney Marsh. He was picked by Alf Ramsey to play for England against Wales. Alf didn't have much faith in his work rate so in the team talk before the match said " if I'm not happy with your performance I'll pull you off at half time "

Rodney replied "Blimey Alf I only expected a cup of tea"

... and f I remember correctly closely followed by a chorus of  'does she take it up the 'arris....'

What was he thinking of?

Archived