IGNORED

Good Examples Of Banter

Southport Red

I found some of ours at Cardiff last year were good fun too...

"i'd rather go down than sell my soul" - to which they had no reply and "you used to be blue, but now you're red, you look like ****s when you tap your head" was an amusing one as well. And when most of our away fans turned and pointed at the big Malaysian flag singing "what the ****in hell is that" was also good.

Derby away last year when we decided to pretend we scored a goal got a cheer from the Derby fans too.

Always remember Paddy Kenny for banter!

After half time at Sheff utd. in play-off season he was offered a pork pie by a city fan for being a fat b******d, he took it, had a bite and put the rest by the goal, saving it for later!

"Thank you very much for beating the Gas, thank very much thank you very very very much" was sung towards the Wycombe fans at AG in 2001 shortly after they'd beaten Rovers putting them firmly in the sh1t on their way to relegation.Edit: wasn't Wycombe because they relegated them a few weeks later, it was against someone else, can't remember who...made me laugh at the time anyway.

Thinking about it, I'm surprised the tune never became a basis for a generic football chant.

When West Ham move to the olympic stadium could we sing we paid for your ground? So much banter along the years, remember once at Tinnion Park when Cardiff were Cardiff and they playee in blue there was a guy in a pink polo shirt, we gave him crap all game and in the end he ended up getting kicked out.

I remember this. He was in the stand giving it the big un and was bombarded with the chant of "lets all wave at gay boy, lets all wave at gay boy la la la laaa"

My all time favourite was a 4 1 win away at Coventry. Marlon king was playing for them. Started off as the standard "she said no Marlon, she said no". Then "you're a**** marlon, you're a****". Then "its 4 0 marlon, its 4 0". He then lashed out at bikey and got himself sent off. Me and many others could barely stand from laughter.

During the Scott Murray game at Cardiff in an incredibly hostile atmosphere, we were singing "You're not very good" and the Cardiff fans replied to the same tune with "You're not very safe" which made me chuckle, despite the neanderthal overtone that went with it.

They also sang "outside, it's a massacre" and we replied at 3-1 up with "inside, it's a massacre".

Tranmere fan many moons ago. It was a Tuesday night game and the stick he got from the Williams went on for most of the night. At half time he left to a chorus of "We can see you rolling out".

I seem to remember around the 80mins mark he finally snapped and had a tantrum....which only made things worse.

Same game, he was with his other half who was very like A scouse version of Waynetta Slob complete with shell suit....  cue : 'Shellsuits on giro day' etc etc to the tune of 'tararaboomdeay' from the male voice choir of the Williams Stand. This was prior to the EE re=opening and Tinman was manager. ******* hilarious. Wilkshire scored a wonder goal, 2005/2006. City won 4-0. One of my all time fave games. great City performance, Brooker bossed it and the banter was top drawer.

Derby away on Good Friday last season I think? Singing "let's pretend we scored a goal" at 3-0 down. Did it 4 times then sang "3-0 and you ****** it up". On a side note that was such a dire game!

Cardiff away, first season back in the championship where we got kept in after the game for ages. There was a big guy in the home stand to the left getting a lot of stick then a rather mouthy overweight steward at the end got a lot of abuse too!

I can't think of much else off the top of my head but away days are usually great for off the cuff banter and witty chants. The football league is upside down is another favourite.

Archived