IGNORED

How Rich Is Steve Lansdown?

CiderJar

It's more amazing when you think he started in a flat in Clifton stuffing envelopes

Self made every penny

Exactly, well done him. Proud that he and his family (who are lovely) are part of this club. Nightmare at Christmas and birthdays though I would think, what the hell do you buy him!!!

Exactly, well done him. Proud that he and his family (who are lovely) are part of this club. Nightmare at Christmas and birthdays though I would think, what the hell do you buy him!!!

An academy, a new stadium, promotion, socks and hankies?

redsontour, I still maintain that 100% of every penny I have ever earned will buy very much less than 1% of anything that SL has to spend.

Say, for example we can survive the week on 3 tins of beans (half a tin a day, and on Sunday we fast)

I start the week with 3 tins of beans. Proportionately Steve Lansdown starts the week with 30 tins of beans (probably more).

By the end of the week I am out of beans, and Steve has 27 left still, he may even have eaten on Sunday, or he may have had a tin a day in which case he still has 23 tins left. He could maybe eat two tins a day and still have 16 tins left. What I believe he would struggle to do is eat all 30 tins. So what should he do? He may as well give away some of his surplus tins, or he may choose to sell them. Either way he is either a generous benevolent man or has more tins of beans than he can possibly use.

Meanwhile I can't wait until my three new tins of beans turn up on Monday and I can start eating again. Steve on the other hand is sick of beans, but none-the-less thirty more tins arrive on Monday. And no matter how many beans he eats he still has more than he needs to live on, so he spends them and starts building things out of them, and giving a few away.

Everyone thinks Steve is great, but he is acting well within his beans, whilst I am just about getting by on my beans and borrowing beans left, right and centre.

It's all about disposable beans.

My original post was tongue in cheek, your failure to spot that astounds me.

Yes Mr Lansdown is the lifeblood of the club that I have loved and supported for longer than he has. I am just pointing out that his disposable income is huge. The interest on his wealth is also more than I could dream of earning in my life time. All of these things are true. But I maintain that proportionately I invest more of what I currently earn (and/or own) in the club than Steve Lansdown does. I can't afford to give any more than I currently do. He can. This is not a criticism it is a statement of fact. It is why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Just a fact, no bitterness, no judgement, just a statement of the way things are.

The difference with Mr Lansdown is that he has had the good grace to stand on the terraces next to you and/or I and come to the pub to meet with you and/or I and talk on level terms with you and/or I. I love him for that. And I hope he loves me for the hours I spend at cold stations waiting for trains all over the country following the club he does, whilst he gets flown home to Guernsey in his private jet.

I should mention, I'm not going to Bradford today I can't afford to, Mr Lansdown will be there though because, well because he can afford it I guess.

And one last thing, try smiling, it can help.

I was merely pointing out that your maths was wrong mate wasn't saying you were attacking SL or that I didn't recognise it was tongue in cheek. Where I mention about appreciating him is just a general comment rather than aimed at your post in particular :)

redsontour, I still maintain that 100% of every penny I have ever earned will buy very much less than 1% of anything that SL has to spend.

Say, for example we can survive the week on 3 tins of beans (half a tin a day, and on Sunday we fast)

I start the week with 3 tins of beans. Proportionately Steve Lansdown starts the week with 30 tins of beans (probably more).

By the end of the week I am out of beans, and Steve has 27 left still, he may even have eaten on Sunday, or he may have had a tin a day in which case he still has 23 tins left. He could maybe eat two tins a day and still have 16 tins left. What I believe he would struggle to do is eat all 30 tins. So what should he do? He may as well give away some of his surplus tins, or he may choose to sell them. Either way he is either a generous benevolent man or has more tins of beans than he can possibly use.

Meanwhile I can't wait until my three new tins of beans turn up on Monday and I can start eating again. Steve on the other hand is sick of beans, but none-the-less thirty more tins arrive on Monday. And no matter how many beans he eats he still has more than he needs to live on, so he spends them and starts building things out of them, and giving a few away.

Everyone thinks Steve is great, but he is acting well within his beans, whilst I am just about getting by on my beans and borrowing beans left, right and centre.

It's all about disposable beans.

If Steve is getting through 30 tins of beans a week, best stay up wind of him on match days!

CiderJar and everyone else, are you going to post your financial details on here now then?

It's none of our business how rich he may or may not be.

Absolutely none of my business, but I'm interested. His financial "details" are freely available I just Googled them. Similarly the personal finances of Anwar Shafi were no business of Notts County fans back in 2009 (Google it). I just Googled myself and discovered that I am totally worthless. Forgive me. I feel dirty now.

Tiger woods is worth more than 78m, I bet he earnt that last year alone.

Yep. Exactly right, he earnt $78.1m last year, but does not feature on the Forbes Top 1,000 billionaires. Steve Lansdown is richer than him, that's the point. But it's none of anyone's business of course.

Archived