IGNORED

The Pitch Next Season

Kid in the Riot

Not seen it mentioned anywhere else but SL confirmed yesterday that Bristol Rugby are coming to the Gate next season but that the DESSO pitch won't be laid for another two years minimum. I just wonder what impact this will have on us next season?

Think he also said that the East End wouldn't be demolished until he end of this season (I know there were rumours they would start demolition as early as March).

Also, we are now outside the JR period for the AG redevelopment so in theory it's all systems go! Good news.

Not seen it mentioned anywhere else but SL confirmed yesterday that Bristol Rugby are coming to the Gate next season but that the DESSO pitch won't be laid for another two years minimum. I just wonder what impact this will have on us next season?

Think he also said that the East End wouldn't be demolished until he end of this season (I know there were rumours they would start demolition as early as March).

Also, we are now outside the JR period for the AG redevelopment so in theory it's all systems go! Good news.

.......Maybe we'll have to keep the ball off the deck?

Ive never really noticed the pitch before which is like not noticing the ref i guess as in a good thing.

However whilst at AG this week for the under 18 FA Youth Cup, the very 1st thing i noticed when i got in was how bad the pitch looked.

I appreciate that we have had some serious rain this last mth, but if we had the egg chassers there already we would be in the shit with regards the pitch IMO

I be interested to get another view Saturday to see what has changed 

What did he say about AV?

Is it all dead?

I must profess to having been more worried about the team, the whole stadium stuff has not been my concern so I might have missed a fair few announcements,

AV not dead, no. But it's pretty clear that is going to take a number of years to sort out and so short term we will be redeveloping AG.

For those who are concerned about the impact of regular football and rugby on a Desso pitch, it's worth taking a look at SS2 right now, Ospreys v Northampton at Swansea's ground. The pitch is in immaculate condition.

Could you find out and let us know the reasoning behind not laying the Desso pitch at the end of this season Dave?

Edit: ignore me Dave haha!

For those who are concerned about the impact of regular football and rugby on a Desso pitch, it's worth taking a look at SS2 right now, Ospreys v Northampton at Swansea's ground. The pitch is in immaculate condition.

Its not the Desso that concerns us that im sure will be fine, its the seasons in between that has us concerned ! 

Im sure i read somewhere that our top groundsman is helping somewhere else at  the moment ( A rugby pitch somewhere ) to gain knowledge on what needs to be done etc, so i guess the club knows this could be an issue and are doing what they can to keep the issue to a minimum ?

Cant be doing with a whole season of hoof ball :(

Yep a bit odd hoping for the pitch to last 2 seasons. Not sure why Dave commented on this to be honest as it is irrelevant to the reality of the situation if desso doesn't get installed for 2 yesrs.

Likewise in turn it is going against one of these bloody pillars they keep banging on about. You cannot play good football on a churned up pitch. Likewise the grass has to be just that much longer to help rugby players. Could be a really mess for 2 seasons.

Fantastic news. I thought the club had gone quiet on this to get over the line. Thanks for that. Did it sound like they have made their mind up to go ahead with the redevelopment just out of interest? Its a shame they wont do the pitch in the summer, maybe that's why we got cotteril in to play 'hoofball' as we wont have much of a choice next season? (I say that in jest)

A slight deviation but won't moving the pitch 5 metres ( IIRC) mean the Atyeo stand doesn't line up with the pitch? That's gonna look crap! :blink:

It doesn't quite line up with the pitch now. It slightly extends beyond the pitch at the Dolman end. When the pitch moves 5 metres it will be even worse - as you say "crap".

EDIT - the Wedlock doesn't line up with the pitch either. It extends beyond the pitch at both sides.

It doesn't quite line up with the pitch now. It slightly extends beyond the pitch at the Dolman end. When the pitch moves 5 metres it will be even worse - as you say "crap".

EDIT - the Wedlock doesn't line up with the pitch either. It extends beyond the pitch at both sides.

I don't suppose that's going to matter once it's levelled. It's certainly going to look odd with one end lopsided and the other end (new Wedlock) out into the car park behind the Williams (pre rebuild).

EDIT: Looking at this pic, the Atyeo won't be such an issue as I anticipated.

bristol_city4.jpg

EDIT: Looking at this pic, the Atyeo won't be such an issue as I anticipated.

bristol_city4.jpg

I think the picture gives a slightly misleading view of how the Atyeo lines up with the Dolman due to the angle. At the left hand side of the pic it shows the Atyeo extending a 5 ish metres beyond the side of the pitch. It's the same on the Dolman side. When the pitch moves it will extend approx 10 metres beyond the pitch on the Dolman side.

Archived