IGNORED

The Pitch Next Season

Kid in the Riot

I think the picture gives a slightly misleading view of how the Atyeo lines up with the Dolman due to the angle. At the left hand side of the pic it shows the Atyeo extending a 5 ish metres beyond the side of the pitch. It's the same on the Dolman side. When the pitch moves it will extend approx 10 metres beyond the pitch on the Dolman side.

Adding that to the Dolman moving 5m forward, I'm not convinced those in the existing H block of the Atyeo will be able to see the Dolman / wedlock corner of the pitch? Not that I give a crap as it will be the away end anyway.

nxtu.jpg

Adding that to the Dolman moving 5m forward, I'm not convinced those in the existing H block of the Atyeo will be able to see the Dolman / wedlock corner of the pitch? Not that I give a crap as it will be the away end anyway.

nxtu.jpg

Wheres this pic from? Havent seen the Atyeo/Williams corner looking like that before?

Adding that to the Dolman moving 5m forward, I'm not convinced those in the existing H block of the Atyeo will be able to see the Dolman / wedlock corner of the pitch? Not that I give a crap as it will be the away end anyway. nxtu.jpg

Meaning it will, suddenly, be deemed 'safe' to have away supporters enter at that end of the ground where it's been consistently been deemed 'unsafe' since the Atyeo has been built?

Meaning it will, suddenly, be deemed 'safe' to have away supporters enter at that end of the ground where it's been consistently been deemed 'unsafe' since the Atyeo has been built?

I suppose away fans will have to mix with home supporters going into the Dolman / Williams unless we can only enter the new Williams from Winterstoke Rd. It's not the issue it used to be though nowadays although a derby match might be a problem.

Spending money on the Atyeo end was rightly deemed pointless.

Now the club is renovating the ground, its the time to do it.

I think they have said that they need to modify the stand and access to accommodate both home and away supporters. I have no idea what they have in mind, but I'm sure they know whats needed or, more importantly, what can be done.

It's gonna be a toughie as the access to the Dolman would have to be from Ashton Rd so the away supporters would have to go onto the same Rd as home fans. While I assume the new EE  and Williams access could easily be from Winterstoke Rd, I can't see how the Dolman access could be from there.

Are you sure?, what is the building at the very bottom right then?

Would have thought demolishing that property would have created a bigger area than that?

Absolutely.....the hirerite building isn't that big, take a look on google maps. The other buildings are the offices and manufacturing companies the other side of colliers brook

There isn't anything very bottom right in the pic. Certainly no car park! The blank white area to the very bottom right is where the braby site used to be (now occupied by some crane/lifting firm I believe).

Hire rite building would be bottom left.

Are you def talking about the same pic that u posted?

• Admin

Absolutely.....the hirerite building isn't that big, take a look on google maps. The other buildings are the offices and manufacturing companies the other side of colliers brook

There isn't anything very bottom right in the pic. Certainly no car park! The blank white area to the very bottom right is where the braby site used to be (now occupied by some crane/lifting firm I believe).

Hire rite building would be bottom left.

Are you def talking about the same pic that u posted?

Cheers "RedRaw", just couldn't place the building

"Manon", meant to put bottom right of the ground not the picture - was referring to the area outside where the club shop is at present

It's gonna be a toughie as the access to the Dolman would have to be from Ashton Rd so the away supporters would have to go onto the same Rd as home fans. While I assume the new EE  and Williams access could easily be from Winterstoke Rd, I can't see how the Dolman access could be from there.

With regards to away fans could they not make a specific enclosure in the new bottom tier of the Williams (atyeo end) that is at a slightly different variant and cut off so there is no need for segregation, the club wouldn't lose seats in the big games and could have home fans at both ends making it more intimidating for opposition teams. Just an idea!

I don't really know what to make of this design. A number of fans have asked not to have a bowl but obviously the club has not listened to us (apart from the atyeo of course).

Two questions I would like to ask: Where is the Atyeo statue going (if it ever gets done). I suggested a possible area in the picture underneath.

7k1b_zps50e8606d.jpg

Secondly, is there any plans for a memorial? Like a garden, for the fans who are no longer with us. An example of my suggestion is below.

a52x_zpsd25225ce.jpg

I thought it had to be moved 5M once the front of the Dolman is extended. 5m would put the new pitch into the Williams lower wouldn't it?

I'm not a groundsman but can't see how the undersoil heating etc could be done if the pitch isn't complete? Maybe they're going to put it down and add a 5m strip once the Williams comes down next year.

I thought it had to be moved 5M once the front of the Dolman is extended. 5m would put the new pitch into the Williams lower wouldn't it?

I'm not a groundsman but can't see how the undersoil heating etc could be done if the pitch isn't complete? Maybe they're going to put it down and add a 5m strip once the Williams comes down next year.

This would make sense!

Surely the away supporters will be in the part of the Ateyo next to the Dolman?  This will be where the only gap between stands will be so offers natural segregation. 

Archived