IGNORED

Who Will Take The Most?

myol'man

Its a much bigger game playing for the gas playing the likes of Birmingham or even Watford for that matter than it is for us. A) Because we are a bigger club than them, and B) because we have been in the same division as them for the best part of a decade. For this reason I can see rovers taking 2k to Birmingham, its pretty easy to get too as well to be fair. I don't see us taking more than 1200 to Watford.

Be surprised if we take more than them for various reasons Brum easier to get to, new ground for most of them, their biggest game of the season, (apart from the City game)  what City fan has not been to Watford before? personally no interest of going to Vicarage road again whatsoever, for me their Birmingham is our Man City they'll take 1500 & we'll take 8000

Be surprised if we take more than them for various reasons Brum easier to get to, new ground for most of them, their biggest game of the season, (apart from the City game)  what City fan has not been to Watford before? personally no interest of going to Vicarage road again whatsoever, for me their Birmingham is our Man City they'll take 1500 & we'll take 8000

8,000?

**** me thats optimistic!

They will take more than us, probably at least 1000 more.

Some of them will claim that it makes them a better supported club (like that 'Totender' fantasist that used to post on here). The reality is that Vicarage Road has been a regular ground for us in the last couple of decades plus we've got used to going to Championship grounds, Rovers rarely get the chance to go to grounds like St Andrews and play against Championship quality sides.

If we beat Watford we will undoubtedly take more to the Etihad than a lot of Premiership teams will this season for the same reason.

its a pointless comparison .. but we will take around 2800/3000 tomorrow to brum.... reason... its fairly close and half decent compared to accy, york, daggenham ect

Lets not carried away with the whole you played watford all the time and gas v brum is like u v man city... ive been to watford 7/8 times and brum the same... both have had spells in the same league as us plenty of times.. the fa cup is still a big draw for clubs like ours , love fa cup away games...  can see you taking 1500 to watford .. 

Crowds like that would be a top effort by both sets of bristol clubs fans... loads of higher /bigger clubs would love support like that on a cold tuesday night!

If you get through youll take 8k to man city... like we took nr 7k to derby not so long ago and the same to fulham a few years back.

The fa cups a great day out ... get the ciders in the  fridge tonight and enjoy the night tomorrow , personally think a bristol win double is very possible 

see you at wembley in the semi finals!!  ;)

I would imagine we would take quite a few more than you tommorow. Birmingham is our biggest game for quite a while, and I can see why Watford does not have the same level of appeal for you. Also, easier travel for us - (although could still be a pain), and only a tenner to get in.

As Nailsea said, both clubs will probably take more than most others would on a freezing January evening.

missing something here tho arent we? 

A,  how many have already turned up at st andrews tonight thinking its tuesday ?

B, how many can tell which day of the week  it is anyway ?

and C, How many will get totally lost and miss it anyway tomorrow?

total that lot up,rough guess 5k leaves about 2k who might actually make it :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Birmingham is our biggest game for quite a while, and I can see why Watford does not have the same level of appeal for you. Also, easier travel for us - (although could still be a pain), and only a tenner to get in.

I think, travelling by rail, that its actually easier to come back from London at night than it is from Birmingham due to timings of the last trains (i could be wrong) so I would imagine most Gasheads will be travelling by road which I think is a bit more of a pain in the ass tbh.

We've played at Vicarage Road 12 times in the last 20 years, Rovers have visited St Andrews twice in that time (according to Google) so it's fair to say that you're correct that a trip to Watford doesn't have the same kind of appeal to those of us who have been there recently. To take over 2000, as I expect you will, anywhere midweek is a good following but NailseaCookie is correct when he says its a pointless comparison.

You don't have to take time off work for a 7.45 KO at Brum, I would have thought Rovers would take a few thousand tomorrow and City 800 or so to Watford.

From my experience leaving Bristol to go to Brum at 5 will be cutting it tight, I always used to leave about 3 for midweek games there, just about aviod beinf stuck in traffic then.

According to some sag heads on their forum because we took 650 to brum last year, and they have sold more coaches than we have to Watford, means their fan base is bigger than hours.

Plus they even say that they took more than us to the play off final at Wembley even though we sold our allocationand they had some of Shrewsbury's that they returned.

According to some sag heads on their forum because we took 650 to brum last year, and they have sold more coaches than we have to Watford, means their fan base is bigger than hours.

Proving my earlier point then. Basically, in some Gasheads peanut brains, City took 650 to Birmingham in a league match, they will take more for a one off cup match as a L2 side vs Championship side = they must have a bigger fanbase. Ignore actual facts.

Pity their massive fanbase don't show up for League games. Not very faithful.

We took more to Anfield though, so what does that mean?

As much as a dislike the gas I don't think I'd want them to seize for that fact of 1) I enjoy being better than them. 2) I enjoy it when we play & BEAT them. 3) Just generally being the bigger better club in Bristol. Would be great if we both made it to Wembley so we could beat them again :-) First we got to get past Watford & hopefully set up a nice match against Man City or Blackburn the former being better as bit easier to get to & also them being the bigger club would be very interesting to see how our squad did against them & if we did beat them wow what a match to of seen, can see a lot us going up to fill the ETIHAD with a see of red. COYR.

Archived