IGNORED

Maynard At Leeds

where's the joy

cast your minds back to a sunny day in leeds

Millen was in charge and kilkenny scored for us. 1-0 up

Maynard's first touch has been missing all game, we get a penalty, he takes it and misses.

his second touch deserts him as well as the first, and he plays like a kid who has just had his sweets stolen.

any strong manager would have taken him off and put a pitman on, but no, we were so in awe of Maynard that he stayed on the pitch and every move broke down with him,handing the initiative to a patently out of form leeds side

then leeds equalised and they got the winner in the dying moments of the game, through our usual keystone defending.

a game we should have cruised at 2-0 up, but we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

for that alone i will not forgive the selfishness of Maynard

Maynard's first touch has been missing all game, we get a penalty, he takes it and misses.

his second touch deserts him as well as the first, and he plays like a kid who has just had his sweets stolen.

any strong manager would have taken him off and put a pitman on, but no, we were so in awe of Maynard that he stayed on the pitch and every move broke down with him,handing the initiative to a patently out of form leeds side

then leeds equalised and they got the winner in the dying moments of the game, through our usual keystone defending.

a game we should have cruised at 2-0 up, but we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

silly silly post,

a striker should be selfish who else in that side did we have capable of scoring 20 goals in a season (a feat maynard achieved)

Why bring it up now 2 years after he left the club?

A seagull cr@pped on my Raleigh Grifter in 1982. I've hunted that b@st@rd ever since. Vengeance will one day be mine.

PS Anyone here know how long seagulls live for?

My Chopper was a real beast back in the day.

Disgraceful, clearly he should have gone to the bench and said "boss I am having a mare, take me off please". I imagine that's what most players would have done in the same circumstances

Archived