IGNORED

Fans Yesterday at Watford (Merged)

Hartcliffe red

Thought we were superb last night, showed that even though we are a League 1 team, we have a very good away support.

Some of the chants were quality, especially to the little kids in the family section, good banter (even the steward was laughing)

COYR

Sounded good on Player (when it eventually worked). They said on there that the fans were stood up during the game. Was this true? I hope so, feel like it improves the atmosphere if everyone is stood.

But for people like myself who likes to sit down and enjoy the game how can I if people are stood up infront of me? Don't get me wrong I don't mind the people who stand up but they have to do it in the right areas of the stand i.e at the back 

But for people like myself who likes to sit down and enjoy the game how can I if people are stood up infront of me? Don't get me wrong I don't mind the people who stand up but they have to do it in the right areas of the stand i.e at the back 

Ok, well ideally people who want to sit should be in the front rows and standers behind. I'm a firm believer that people should stand at away games though, I can enjoy the game stood up!

Obviously elderly supporters/very young supporters will have more of a need to sit for the duration

To me it looked like the majority were stood up but because the rake was so steep people sitting didn't look like they had to much issue seeing the game.

Thought the pretend goal celebrations were quite funny, I normally find them quite cringeworthy but following it up with "we want 4" and "how shit must you be you let us score 5" braught a smile to my face.

To me it looked like the majority were stood up but because the rake was so steep people sitting didn't look like they had to much issue seeing the game.

Thought the pretend goal celebrations were quite funny, I normally find them quite cringeworthy but following it up with "we want 4" and "how shit must you be you let us score 5" braught a smile to my face.

No your right. To be fair to the stewards they were excellent in telling the people infront of me, my dad and my grandad to sit down.

Ok, well ideally people who want to sit should be in the front rows and standers behind. I'm a firm believer that people should stand at away games though, I can enjoy the game stood up!

Obviously elderly supporters/very young supporters will have more of a need to sit for the duration

but fans go to the seat they are allocated, especially when the section allocated was almost full last night.

They had no choice but to be stuck behind somebody who has no intention of sitting down.

their were children and women who simply couldn't watch the game, even stood up !!!!

but fans go to the seat they are allocated, especially when the section allocated was almost full last night.

They had no choice but to be stuck behind somebody who has no intention of sitting down.

their were children and women who simply couldn't watch the game, even stood up !!!!

I believe Man Utd have an unofficial away game policy regarding standing that they abide by, unreserved seating at away games would be better imo

I believe Man Utd have an unofficial away game policy regarding standing that they abide by, unreserved seating at away games would be better imo

agreed, as yesterday the stewards started trying to sit in our allocated seats but then gave up when more people came in

Was so refreshing to see everyone stood last night, proper support and vocal backing!...all the clubs that take proper numbers away always stand, Leeds, Man U, Everton, Spurs, Sheff Weds, Newcastle etc etc .... felt like the old days a bit last night, shame the performance didnt match the effort off the pitch.

Yes totally agree, as I said above it looks and sounds so much better with everyone stood. When away fans sit in the EE I can't help but think what a waste! Sheffield Wednesday have consistently excellent support at AG, loud and huge numbers - they always stand. Actually thinking about it all the away supports i've been impressed with in recent years (Wednesday, Leeds, QPR, Antwerp, Rangers) had at least 90% of them stood.

I think the problem was Watford stewards were insistent on making everyone go to their allocated seats. This meant there was a large number in the middle who got in early and possibly wanted to sit, and then the fans who came late (possibly from the pub?) were made to go to the front where they promptly stood. Being an eastender, I specifically wanted to be standing so went for the back; shame others weren't able to do the same.

With all due respect, that's not how I seen it.

Stewards tried insisting people sat in their correct seats, but some of us made it clear when we walked in that a) we weren't given any choice where our ticket was allocated (front/back) b) I had every intention of standing a lot and singing and was going to be up the back.

There was plenty of space for people to go nearer the front if they wanted to sit. Everyone singing went straight up to the back

Or sit at the front?

Don't like sitting at the front as you don't get the best view of the game

Is that 'BounceAroundJoshWhileSittingDown'? There were definitely plenty of places to sit nearer the front. Great atmosphere last night because everyone was standing and singing. Plenty of seats near the front with a good view...

Archived