IGNORED

Nicola Cortese

Kid in the Riot

Has resigned from Southampton.

If we had real ambition we'd give this guy a call who's been instrumental in Saints rise over the past few years. A proper CEO type who understands football and business. He lives in Hampshire as well.

Unfortunately, wishful thinking as no doubt he will be approached by several top clubs and maybe head for Italy.

But worth a phonecall. Maybe.

Problem with Cortese is, in his role as Executive Chairman he was in overall control and made all the decisions.

The reason he is leaving is the new female chairman takes up her position, and he loses control.

Well we have Mr S Lansdown who has complete control. I would very much doubt he will reliquish that to work with Cortese.

However, great shout. Cortese undeniably has a great plan which he executed well.

Think he had a previous, muturally respecting, working relationship with the former owner - before he died.

Can you really see a) SL handing all club affairs over to him and b) him thinking twice about us?

Whether she's fit or not is probably a more sensible discussoon, in fairness. Keeps quite anonymous, apparently.

Has resigned from Southampton.

If we had real ambition we'd give this guy a call who's been instrumental in Saints rise over the past few years. A proper CEO type who understands football and business. He lives in Hampshire as well.

Unfortunately, wishful thinking as no doubt he will be approached by several top clubs and maybe head for Italy.

But worth a phonecall. Maybe.

I've been saying exactly this for as long as I can remember, it's what the club's crying out for.

Unfortunately Steve Lansdown doesn't seem interested in bringing in the best he can get behind the scenes, and is contenet to employ his lad etc.

A thought also crossed my mind the other day, that if a club like Southampton, already established in the Prem, approached him due to his financial clout, would he jump ship, and sell up?

Close to the Channel Islands and all that, just a thought?

Archived