IGNORED

Lack Of Goals From Midfield,

mossey

All this talk about Baldock missing chances, and the weekly Jet theme, but surely we our midfield should be chipping in with a few goals, is it to much to expect them to be scoring 8 ish goals per season, Pack never looks scoring, still not made mind up on him, always looks the part, and should be doing and contributing more than he does, thought that he scored few goals for Cheltenham, especially from free kicks, know people are going to reply but that was 2nd division, but still, how many has he scored in his time here for us?

Pack sits incredibly deep for us, protecting the defence. Can't really be expected to score many from there...

agreed , think he plays too deep, but free kicks? Also expect few more goals from Flint,for centre half, again expect him to be scoring 6 or so goals from corners.

And wagstaff gets slated by loads but is the only midfielder chipping in, Reid and Bryan need to be contributing a lot more.

Pack has been playing in a more defensive role and been playing well In my opinion.

Ha, think should've titled it, lack of goals from other parts of the team, finking about it!

agreed , think he plays too deep, but free kicks? Also expect few more goals from Flint,for centre half, again expect him to be scoring 6 or so goals from corners.

Our delivery from set pieces isn't the best to be fair which doesn't help the likes of Flint.

I thought Gillett won the ball back quite a few times but Reid and Pack didn't get near them.

Absolutely, Reid was woeful yesterday, in all the debate about JET, who at least played 3 or 4 brilliant through balls, no mention has been made that Reid contributed absolutely nothing in his 75 minutes on the pitch yesterday.

Absolutely, Reid was woeful yesterday, in all the debate about JET, who at least played 3 or 4 brilliant through balls, no mention has been made that Reid contributed absolutely nothing in his 75 minutes on the pitch yesterday.

I think SC alluded to the fact that Bobby was knackered, so he took him off. He looked off the pace, and not his usual self. 

Goals from midfield? I would be more happy with some tackling.

That's part of the problem with the current team. The midfield doesn't do sufficient tackling meaning the defence is overrun. Combine this with the lack of goals from midfield (with the exception of Wagstaff) and it's easy to see why City are where they are in the league. It's only the goals from JET and Baldock that are keeping City in touch with the teams just outside of the relegation zone. if Cotts listened to a lot of people on the forum he'd sell both of them and it would be league 2 here we come.

Agree that Reid was very poor yesterday, but has generally been decent. Pack is really starting to annoy me now. I want to like him and seems to have something about him, but week after week he actually does very little and makes no real impact on games.

I thought Waggers was excellent yesterday and should replace Reid in taking our set pieces asap.

Agree that Reid was very poor yesterday, but has generally been decent. Pack is really starting to annoy me now. I want to like him and seems to have something about him, but week after week he actually does very little and makes no real impact on games.

I thought Waggers was excellent yesterday and should replace Reid in taking our set pieces asap.

Not much mention of Wagstaff but he was my MOM yesterday.

Thought Pack was decent on the ball yesterday. His passing often got us on the front foot and in good positions. A couple of sublime passes, particularly the one to Wagstaff who crossed for Baldock when he headed wide.

It's what he does without the ball that frustrates - slow to react and rarely wins possession. Needs to toughen up a little, he's not a small bloke.

Reid is the obvious one that should be scoring more goals.

He gets into decent positions and he clearly has the talent so he really should be looking to add more goals to his game. I'm sure it'll come as like I said he has the ability, but one goal this season (and a pretty lucky one at that) isn't really good enough for a player of his type and quality.

Pack is the perfect example of someone who flatters to deceive.

In my opinion he is all show little substance and has been one of the biggest disappointments this season.

I think he's played out of position, He needs to play in Gillett's role and have a Big tackler in front of the back four to cover him when he pushes higher up

I think he's played out of position, He needs to play in Gillett's role and have a Big tackler in front of the back four to cover him when he pushes higher up

I don't think he is good enough to be dictating exactly where he should be playing and should that be thankful that he is doing what most of us on here would give our right arm to be doing.

Pack sits incredibly deep for us, protecting the defence. Can't really be expected to score many from there...

Protecting the defence?

Mmm what I saw yesterday was no protection for the defence. Our defence needs loads of protection. The ease at which MK Dons scored is alarming.

I can't see why he didn't play Marv, he was one of (if not) the best player vs Watford, offers much more in defence and also is a danger from set pieces.

I do like pack but not when he has the responsibility of sheilding the defence, he's not tough enough to do so.

Or maybe El abd could play that sheilding role much like David Luis does for Chelsea.

Archived