IGNORED

Ashton Vale Site

red66

Hope you build something that  will rightfully annoy the greens... however im sure some of it will have to be a big green open space and facilites for the community as that was part of the deal when BCC handed over a big chunk of land free of charge!

a Massive distribution warehouse for a supermarket/ with a park alongside would be good

One thing that increasingly frustrates anyone driving to the ground now of course is parking. The availability of space in or near the ground is woeful. AV would have substantially resolved that and probably given us a new railway station to boot.

What now then for a new, larger, AG? Until we see or know what steps are being taken to provide adequate parking I can see a major detriment to increasing gates. And will the station still happen or has the impetus been lost?

Perhaps it has been discussed in depth and I would sincerely hope the new AG plans for a solution otherwise the match day hassle we have now could look like a walk in the proverbial park.

Three things:

1) The problem of match day parking is nowhere near as bad as some suggest. You can park within a 10 min walk of AG for the vast majority of games.

2) If the BRT goes ahead as planned there will be stops at Ashton Gate and Ashton Vale.

3) If the Metrowest rail plans go ahead then the railway station at Ashton Gate will reopen and services will run from BTM.

Further reading: http://planningonline.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/files/E655C7A408DA7E022E0213C1077BEAA5/pdf/13_03517_F-TA___TP_-_A_TRANSPORT_ASSESS._TRAVEL_PLAN__MAIN_TEXT_ONLY_-1036230.pdf

Three things:

1) The problem of match day parking is nowhere near as bad as some suggest. You can park within a 10 min walk of AG for the vast majority of games.

2) If the BRT goes ahead as planned there will be stops at Ashton Gate and Ashton Vale.

3) If the Metrowest rail plans go ahead then the railway station at Ashton Gate will reopen and services will run from BTM.

Further reading: http://planningonline.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/files/E655C7A408DA7E022E0213C1077BEAA5/pdf/13_03517_F-TA___TP_-_A_TRANSPORT_ASSESS._TRAVEL_PLAN__MAIN_TEXT_ONLY_-1036230.pdf

I don't know why First group or whatever mob has the buses these days don't run special event buses.

Sydney lays on special trains and buses from major rail stations to pretty much all sports events, get yourself to central station or circular quay and $5 will get you return to The scg where several teams play including afl, nrl, A-League, Super 14 and cricket. Or bigger events at the national stadium has extra trains.

I guess its the bad rep football fans have but over here you can drink in the pubs til 2 then queue up to jump on a bus that only leaves when its full (including full standing).

They have people hanging out the buses and big queues waiting to get on. Why can't they do that from the bus station and temple meads? 30 or so full bus each game its probably more money than they make on most weekend bus routes!

Obviously its not much use for away fans but i'm sure having a bus that gets you to the ground in 5-10 mins direct from a central boozer would be utilised?

I'm at a bit of a loss here - if he can 't build a stadium on the land, how is he able to build anything else ?

Still not sure what the current legal position is.

As far as i'm aware the court ruled on a procedural issue and therefore none of the site is at present a village green.

Why is the review not going ahead when there was supposed to be clear evidence of commercial activity on part of the site within the required time frame?

I think SL will come to an agreement with Bristol City Council for costs and purchase back of the land as it has no use to him. Legally they messed up on the application and the land now has no real value other than a village green .

I'm afraid this is now a lost cause .

Good point.As things currently stand does anyone know what SL can actually do with this land.What is he allowed to build there if anything?

Bristol CC is currently unable or unwilling to fulfill the requirement for new homes, private and social.  That is why they are trying to force neighbouring authorities to do it for them on what is currently green belt land.  I would have thought that AV would provide a significant proportion of this requirement and be well served for access via the South Bristol Link.

Clog up all access into Bristol from the A370 direction mind, so needs a new road into the existing AV area.

I always believed they were never anti stadium, only anti Sainsburys.

With the people most against it having major business interests in North St.

Not true.  There were lots of people who opposed the selling of the AG site to Sainsbury's, but once planning permission was granted they stepped aside.

Then there remained a much smaller group of people who were hell bent on stopping the building of the AV stadium, who somehow had access to legal advice that successfully pulled the rug from under the Council's feet.

I think it's clear that SL has decided to get on with AG redevelopment as the costs aren't so prohibitive now, and he will in time development the AV site and make a **** load of money out of it.  

Good point.As things currently stand does anyone know what SL can actually do with this land.What is he allowed to build there if anything?

He's clearly heard that the JR will be approved and the land will be declared Town Green. He will have a period to appeal as the land owner and it will go to Secretary of State. As we know the JR rules are changing, Cameron wants easier building rules and if this remains a town green it could have a major effect on further JR applications in the UK so I expect the Secretary of State to throw out theTVG decision. This should then pave the way for SL to sell the land to house builders, Barratt and Persimmon to build a mini village.

Not true.  There were lots of people who opposed the selling of the AG site to Sainsbury's, but once planning permission was granted they stepped aside.

Then there remained a much smaller group of people who were hell bent on stopping the building of the AV stadium, who somehow had access to legal advice that successfully pulled the rug from under the Council's feet.

I think it's clear that SL has decided to get on with AG redevelopment as the costs aren't so prohibitive now, and he will in time development the AV site and make a **** load of money out of it.  

Correct. Some made noise of Sainsburys applications but when approved they walked away. The people that lodged the JR are the ones causing the upset. This is where the problem lies.

I appreciate many are upset with people in Ashton Vale, but what you should realise is the support the majority gave towards the stadium, myself included after a meeting several years ago at my house with Jon Lansdown. I don't want houses built I wanted a stadium but as it stands, the original 21 that lodged the JR have damaged it for everyone else. But not all the 21 live in Ashton Vale. One had an address registered in LONDON!

It's a huge shame and a huge dissapointment.

MM

MM

He's clearly heard that the JR will be approved and the land will be declared Town Green. He will have a period to appeal as the land owner and it will go to Secretary of State. As we know the JR rules are changing, Cameron wants easier building rules and if this remains a town green it could have a major effect on further JR applications in the UK so I expect the Secretary of State to throw out theTVG decision. This should then pave the way for SL to sell the land to house builders, Barratt and Persimmon to build a mini village.

Not sure any of that is correct to be honest. It's the TVG legislation that's changed, nothing to do with the JR procedure.

Apparently some sort of deal has been struck with BCC meaning that the planned inquiry won't need to go ahead...

Everyone seems to be worried about parking. But forgive me if I'm wrong, Av would have only created a couple of hundred parking spaces and was a mile away from the gate, so in theory what massive difference to parking spaces would that have made? I fail to see the impact. There are plenty of spaces on roads just off north street, round the back of York road, all it means is an extra 10 mins walk, people just don't look hard enough imo.

I got fed up with the way things were going with AV some time ago and assumed the all the NIMBY's had won .

However I did read that there was talk of Euro intervention or consultation. What happened on that front and has legislation change in the last few years ?

I'm probably reading too much into it but on a couple of occasions SL mentioned we had planning for AV , it may just have been in passing but I wonder if there is any chance or thought of resurrecting the AV development or whether  that was just concerning the houses/shops/travelers site that could be built there.

I got fed up with the way things were going with AV some time ago and assumed the all the NIMBY's had won .

However I did read that there was talk of Euro intervention or consultation. What happened on that front and has legislation change in the last few years ?

I'm probably reading too much into it but on a couple of occasions SL mentioned we had planning for AV , it may just have been in passing but I wonder if there is any chance or thought of resurrecting the AV development or whether  that was just concerning the houses/shops/travelers site that could be built there.

Were the club making a fresh application now, we'd be protected http://www.out-law.com/en/articles/2013/October/landowners-given-new-powers-to-prevent-town-and-village-green-registrations/

Sadly this legislation is not retrospective.

Correct. Some made noise of Sainsburys applications but when approved they walked away. The people that lodged the JR are the ones causing the upset. This is where the problem lies.

I appreciate many are upset with people in Ashton Vale, but what you should realise is the support the majority gave towards the stadium, myself included after a meeting several years ago at my house with Jon Lansdown. I don't want houses built I wanted a stadium but as it stands, the original 21 that lodged the JR have damaged it for everyone else. But not all the 21 live in Ashton Vale. One had an address registered in LONDON!

Bl00dy Man U fan!

Were the club making a fresh application now, we'd be protected http://www.out-law.com/en/articles/2013/October/landowners-given-new-powers-to-prevent-town-and-village-green-registrations/

Sadly this legislation is not retrospective.

I wonder how this would stand,if say the plans were altered (the way building plans are to comply with regs) or additional buildings added and submitted as a new option? 

I thought that was Mon - Fri?

It is for now and nothing to worry about quite yet but a as part of the 106, a Matchday Residents Parking scheme will be implemented, subject to consultation, if we reach the premier league and or our attendance exceeds 25,000 in any 3 of 5 consecutive matches

Have I missed something? Where did SL say that we weren't going to pursue a stadium at the vale?

My understanding was that developing AG was an interim thing whilst we sort out the legal mess the nimby ***** have caused.

Hasn't he said in the press that, providing there is no legal block on AG, the development work will start in the spring? That's how I read it.

Archived