IGNORED

Ashton Vale Site

red66

Yes but why does that mean Ashton Vale is dead?

Nibor, I see what you mean but I'm afraid at the Q & A the implication from SL was certainly that he will be pursuing something else at AV now and not a stadium.

As I say, the rumour I have heard is that it'll be housing. You never know of course, he could be bluffing but AV seems as good as dead to me...

Perhaps the biggest shame in all of this is that the stadium fiasco happened in a time of RECESSION! Would've created jobs and growth in the country's hour of need. Criminal.

In the short to medium term I imagine they are.

I don't really disagree but if there's a long road ahead to AV it might well be that interim development of AG pays off as long as the costs aren't ridiculous. Depends on what revenue can be achieved - this was always going to be more limited than a new site, so you'd think a new stadium would still have a business case down the road.

If the East end is gone it would be a disaster to find out AV is back on. Unless, of course, SL is happy to take a further gamble.

I think the East end is a minor concern next to the disruption of developing a ground whilst we're playing in it.

Nibor, I see what you mean but I'm afraid at the Q & A the implication from SL was certainly that he will be pursuing something else at AV now and not a stadium.

As I say, the rumour I have heard is that it'll be housing. You never know of course, he could be bluffing but AV seems as good as dead to me...

Perhaps the biggest shame in all of this is that the stadium fiasco happened in a time of RECESSION! Would've created jobs and growth in the country's hour of need. Criminal.

A real pity if that's the case because the AG site has massive shortcomings. I wonder if we can stave off TVG registration long enough for the nimby population to die back a bit and other developments to happen.

What is crazy about the whole situation is that the law actually enables people to stop progress like this. Why isn't the town green stuff repealed?

Used properly, the Town Green legislation is very useful. It's being abused here with the connivance of a remarkably naive (at least) inspector.

I believe that it has been amended to close the loopholes, but not retrospectively.

Cant see it myself. The sale of AG would be required to part fund AV

You are probably quite correct as it was originally the enabaling development. That said we do have a very, very rich and well connected owner, im sure investment could be found through other channels.

Bristol CC is currently unable or unwilling to fulfill the requirement for new homes, private and social.  That is why they are trying to force neighbouring authorities to do it for them on what is currently green belt land.  I would have thought that AV would provide a significant proportion of this requirement and be well served for access via the South Bristol Link.

Clog up all access into Bristol from the A370 direction mind, so needs a new road into the existing AV area.

Can someone tell me more about this green belt thing, I can't get my head around it at the moment. I thought the Ashton Vale site was within the city boundaries, does that make Bristol a green belt site? If it is green belt, how did the rubbish dump get built there? Surely it has to be brown belt now :laugh: . If it is green belt, then how did the dave Lloyd centre, park and ride, the by pass and the new cycle way, of course and the houses on ashton vale, how did they all get planning permission on green belt land.

Can someone tell me more about this green belt thing, I can't get my head around it at the moment. I thought the Ashton Vale site was within the city boundaries, does that make Bristol a green belt site? If it is green belt, how did the rubbish dump get built there? Surely it has to be brown belt now :laugh: . If it is green belt, then how did the dave Lloyd centre, park and ride, the by pass and the new cycle way, of course and the houses on ashton vale, how did they all get planning permission on green belt land.

Pretty sure the landfill site was wrongly registered as Green Belt (another fix?), it really should have been Brown Belt site.

Your questions regarding the David Lloyd Centre and Park & Ride are excellent questions that should be asked.

Pretty sure the landfill site was wrongly registered as Green Belt (another fix?), it really should have been Brown Belt site.

Your questions regarding the David Lloyd Centre and Park & Ride are excellent questions that should be asked.

Sounds like another cock up by the city council to me. If it has been wrongly registered can it be overturned to become a brown belt site? It will be interesting to know who registered this wrongly. As for the Park & Ride, I know it is in the north somerset boundary, but it is still built on green belt land, another fix.

Lots of people talking about parking problems at AG. Someone please explain how AV would improve parking options - in my mind parking for AV would be worse!

The car park at AV would have provided some spaces - that's it. At AG you can park outwards in any direction from the stadium, behind any stand. At AV two sides of the stadium would be fields, thus increasing the parking demands in Ashton vale and long Ashton.

It would be worse! Am I not right?

Have I missed something? Where did SL say that we weren't going to pursue a stadium at the vale?

My understanding was that developing AG was an interim thing whilst we sort out the legal mess the nimby ***** have caused.

smell the coffee..AV as a future site for us has been the past for some while now unfortunately..when AG is upgraded the point is that it will remain home for more than just a few years.the longer anything is dragged along by legality the less likely a positive result.home is where the heart is. 

Lots of people talking about parking problems at AG. Someone please explain how AV would improve parking options - in my mind parking for AV would be worse!

The car park at AV would have provided some spaces - that's it. At AG you can park outwards in any direction from the stadium, behind any stand. At AV two sides of the stadium would be fields, thus increasing the parking demands in Ashton vale and long Ashton.

It would be worse! Am I not right?

Something tells me that will be stopped at some point in the future.

They've already put unnecessary double yellows on the dual carriage way and along the clannage (spelling)

Archived