IGNORED

Fm 2014 Bristol City

prankerd

In my first season I come 3rd win the jpt and playoffs, 2nd season I come 3rd lose the playoff... 3rd season come 2nd... 4th season I end up 12th but was close to europe at one point then 5th...... I get xavi alonso, modric, negredo, dembele, had van persie a year before but have to bench him cus his shooting went to 6!!!! Van persie 6?!

Anyways the best team I had formed in 4 years and boom dont win a game in 14 league games and get sacked now im at bloody preston kicking ass again!

But yeh point whats the furthest you got with city and any tips... How that team cant perform in real life I dont know its the easiest team on fm :laugh:

I started unemployed and ended up at southport. Won the league in the first season, got promoted for the conference in my second season where I also won the FA trophy and knocked rovers out the FA cup, avoided relegation from league 2 and resigned at the end of the season to apply for city job- ended up at palarse in the championship and I'm just outside the playoffs with half a season left. I'm waiting for a job offer from city and apply for the job when there's a vacancy but thought it would be a new challenge for me starting without a job straight away

Bought it in the Steam Sale. Pretty pleased with it so far, although did have some bug issues.

Started a game with Bath using my unbeatable 2012 tactics, but the game has changed. What worked for Linfield then doesn't really work now!

After doing some reading I started a Bristol City game, but failed miserably.

Currently Cambridge, half way through a season and 6th. I really like the idea of bringing in youngsters and moving up the leagues with them.

The game clearly has issues, but I don't think we're gonna ever get back to the sweet spot previous games managed to hit

Bought it in the Steam Sale. Pretty pleased with it so far, although did have some bug issues.

Started a game with Bath using my unbeatable 2012 tactics, but the game has changed. What worked for Linfield then doesn't really work now!

After doing some reading I started a Bristol City game, but failed miserably.

Currently Cambridge, half way through a season and 6th. I really like the idea of bringing in youngsters and moving up the leagues with them.

The game clearly has issues, but I don't think we're gonna ever get back to the sweet spot previous games managed to hit

The trick to city is a 4-1-2-1 but very narrow so a holding midfielder, two central midfielders and then JET behind the front two. Give your full backs a licence to push up to provide width. Taylor is surprisingly effective 

I'm in 22/23 season Prem Champions and Champions league champions, it gets easier once the computer generated players get involved, almost every club ends up witha world class young un'

Anyway I started and new game un-emplyed and was until dec where I took a job at lR.F.C. Tournai in the belgium 3rd div, curently 2nd

Started out as City when I got it but got sacked half way through the season when I was mid table! (what we'd give to be there now haha!!)

Started a new one last week as Wolves as you get a bit of money and some decent young players, and got them up at first time of asking, currently halfway through and mid table!

• Admin

Just played the one season in the Prem with Everton & won the title playing a 4231 formation.

Aware that Everton don't have the finances to compete on the highest stage I just bought what look to be decent young players & hope to raise money selling them on.

The key for me is getting players with as good mental stats as possible and trying to keep morale high.

My first save on FM14, I started with City. I got them promoted as runners up in the first season, playing a simple but effective 4-1-2-2-1. I then got offered the Stoke job half way through the next season, finished 16th with them that season, and then champions of England the season after.

Bobby Reid turns into a superb player, and is definatly one you want to develop. JET didn't fit into this, and wasn't playing well at all, so sold him after season, and invested in Kazenga LuaLua, Albert Riera and a few others.

If you want some tips, definatly have a balanced squad. How I got success out of my sides, is signing young players who have good potential, and developing them. Also what I do, is buy players, for a fairplay cheap price, who are fairly old, but can do the job.

When I took over at Stoke, i singed Defoe when he was 32, played him for two seasons, for the first 1 and a half season he was scoring a goal every 2.3 games, but dropped away towards the end of that second season.

Taking the City job on FM14, if you know what you are doing, shouldn't be to much of a challenge to get them promoted. Team instructions are vital, and I definatly recommend playing Standard and Rigid.  

Won league one first season but lost JPT final to wolves. Broke the record points total for leaguen one which I was pleased with.

Currently second season top of championship bout half way through the season.

Got Jay Simpson first season really cheap and hes a goal machine scored 41 first season in all competitions and is scoring for fun in the championship as well.

To be honest we have a pretty good team to start off with on their. Bryan, Baldock, Cunningham, Maloney, jet, wagstaff, pack, flint, kilkenny and carey all good players in league one.

Just finished my first season and finished 2nd in league 1 and won the JPT.

Wagstaff was my star player scoring 16 goals and getting 28 assists!

Another thing to do is take advantage of the loan market especially early in the transfer window;

Managed to get in Shane Duffy, Michael Keane, Will Keane and Cauley Woodrow. All paying no wages and they were all decent performers for me.

I played a counter attacking 4-4-2 but like someone said a balanced side is vital. My back 4 had 1 support 2 defend and 1 attack duty, the midfield had 1 defend, 1 attack and 2 support duty and like wise upfront I had 1 attack and 1 support! The instructions also help a lot!

Just started a new career with City.

Ins: Jesse Lingard (Man Utd - Season-long loan), Gary Gardner (Aston Villa - Season-long loan), Michael Keene (Man Utd - Season-long loan), Nuno Gomes (Free Agent), Davide Somma (Free Agent)

Outs: James Wilson (Oldham - Season-long loan), Marlon Harewood (Released)

Won the opener against Bradford with JET scoring.

Quite a strong squad on the game.

Ive just discovered that the director of football will suggest and then buy players for me. Wish I'd known that when I bloody started!

A busy Christmas schedule utterly killed my Cambridge squad. From 4th to 10th in a month is a huge blow.

Now I feel I understand the game mechanics, I might start a new City game, as Cambridge are boring.

First time I've played it since about 2011 , got City to Europe regularly but never won the Prem.

Started the demo unemployed , now Welling manager. Started well now injuries EVERY BLOODY GAME ! just need to keep them up.

SOD looks doomed in this version and City are 9th......   how do you get players to come to a Skrill league side ??

First time I've played it since about 2011 , got City to Europe regularly but never won the Prem.

Started the demo unemployed , now Welling manager. Started well now injuries EVERY BLOODY GAME ! just need to keep them up.

SOD looks doomed in this version and City are 9th......   how do you get players to come to a Skrill league side ??

Lots of bonus's I found worked for me as well as 2 year deals rather than 1 or 3/4 seem to be viable options not sure if that is a planned method of attracting players or 2 year offers are bugged but I seem to always get more luck with offering 2 years to players unsure of joining, Also look to the scottish league's for players because as bad as the Skrill leagues appear they are far more appealing than the Scottish lower leagues same goes for Irish/Welsh teams.

My career at palace has gone a little downhill, first bolasie broke part of his spine, then my top scorer got injured for 4 months which meant I lost him until the end of the season, I went on a 12 game losing streak and went from competing for playoffs to avoiding relegation by 2 points, a win against city kept me up and set them down

Havent played FM in years apart from the classic 00/01 version whichi downloaded a while back.

Reading this part of me thinks it will be too difficult to just pick up and play which for me made the older ones so good and enjoyable. Would that be fair or is it worth trying for someone who hasnt played it for so long?

They have 2 modes, one complex, one simple

Things were going well for me, Got Dumbarton into the EUFA Cup in 3 seasons, Couldn't progress as Celtic were too strong, Took over City and the old curse of a Scottish manager haunted us again :(

Win percentage of 26% and struggled to safety in the championship soon sacked and now at FGR in league 2 to get my reputation back

FGR sent the sags down on the final day of last season, Norwood in the 86th minute :D After I saw that I had to take charge

Archived