IGNORED

Fm 2014 Bristol City

prankerd

Had mixed feelings about FM 2014 to be honest, to the point where I had to completely change the tactics I wanted to use for the City side and use someone elses advice. I started with the intention to play a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 to cope with the fact we have limited wide players in the current squad. However, I played the game a little too honestly - for example Wagstaff turns out to be a goalscoring pacey winger about halfway through the season and Baldock scores 30+ goals easily?

So my current starting line up is as follows:

GK: F. Fielding

RB:B. Moloney

CB: R. Kiernan (loan)

CB: A. Martin (loan)

LB: G. Cunningham

CDM: L. Kelly

CDM M. Brown (free transfer)

LAM: Vicente or J. Arca (both free transfers)

CAM: J. Emmanuel Thomas

RAM: Wagstaff

CF: J. Bothroyd (Free transfer)

If anyone else would like my full squad I'll be happy to post.

Im still playing FM10. Am in the year 2081 now.

Ya dont think i will ever leave this game and move on tbh.

However I am playing as Gloucester City currently, not Bristol City.

The cool thing is once you reach the age of 100, you stay at that age. You never have to retire!

Im still playing FM10. Am in the year 2081 now.

Ya dont think i will ever leave this game and move on tbh.

However I am playing as Gloucester City currently, not Bristol City.

The cool thing is once you reach the age of 100, you stay at that age. You never have to retire!

Are you gloucester in the premier league? If not what have you been doing for 70 odds years!

Are you gloucester in the premier league? If not what have you been doing for 70 odds years!

haha I am indeed in the premier league.

I spent 50 of those years as Bristol City and Man City manager. Not the whole time as Gloucester, thats just who I am manager of now.

Not a great start for me, opening day of the season destroyed by Bradford 7-0 at home, played a rigid 442, which I changed to fluid, then lost to Wolves 3-2 after having been 2-0 up, conceding 2 in the last 2 minutes in typical City style. Since however things have started going my way. Beat MK Dons 5-2, currently beating Gillingham 5-1 after 25 minutes (finished 5-3).

Other new signings include Stephen Hunt, Luke Freeman (always sign him as City) who scored in his second game and then 2 vs MK Dons and James Bailey on loan from Derby.

Recently started a new save with Everton, currently 5th after 25 games and 5 points ahead of Liverpool in 6th

play a 4-2-3-1 Rigid and standard tactics

Have signed mostly youngsters with high potential and sent them out in loan

Only first teamers I've signed are Diame, Honda and Sigurdsson

Recently started a new save with Everton, currently 5th after 25 games and 5 points ahead of Liverpool in 6th

On my game Liverpool are in the championship - 22/23 season I think.

In my second try around with City, aiming to win the division, I have currently won 8 of my first 9 games, only conceding one goal; vs Bradford on the opening day of the season.

Jon Obika is one hell of a signing, scored 11 in 9 for me, also scoring the winner away at Newcastle in the capital one. Bidding war with 6 other championship clubs for him, with the likes of Leeds, Wednesday etc, but got him for 200, bargain if you ask me.

Also signed Aaron Martin from S'oton, quality young CB, who is already cut out at championship level, and still improving.

I signed Wilbraham from palarse, for something like 10k, just as cover, and he has already scored 3 off the bench this season, before getting injured shortly after.

Currently have Lee Barnard on a months loan, until Baldock and Wilbraham get back, he has been superb with Obika aswell, and Burns has scored 1 or 2 off the bench aswell.

I play Standard and Rigid, in a narrow 4-1-2-1-2, JET isn't great for me, might look to flock him off in the summer. Getting City into the championship, is not much of a challenge, it's progressing from the championship that is tricky, as I found out in my first save.

Got sacked by preston for being nowhere near the top 4 in my 2nd season in the prem!!! So took up the city offer again and returned to save them from relegation and rebuild them.

Bloody difficult tho as the board keep on yapping on about some 5 pilars or something?? And me being head coach?? Ohwell :-/

Got sacked by preston for being nowhere near the top 4 in my 2nd season in the prem!!! So took up the city offer again and returned to save them from relegation and rebuild them.

Bloody difficult tho as the board keep on yapping on about some 5 pilars or something?? And me being head coach?? Ohwell :-/

Resigned from Toulani or who ever they were called and now I'm the new manager of Tamworth, brought liam miller and Lee Miller on loan,

David Clarkson and Louis Carey on a free, started out my first game in charge in the league was 3-0 up with 20 minutes to play and lost 4-3 :(

• Admin

4231 really suits Everton although I played a fluid attacking variant of it. Won the PL first season with just some youngsters being brought in.

Had a better start in the second time round, winning 15 of my first 19, rather than 10 of my first 19.

My strikers, Baldock, Obika and Barnard score for fun, my midfield creates something out of nothing, and have only conceded 8 goals all season.

Hi, This is Steve Lansdown

I've been impressed by your achievements on FM and have sent you a contract for you to look at in the post.

It will be as Manager of the first team and I'll allow you to spend big in the summer, If he fits in with the pillars.

I hope you accept.

Many thanks

Steve

How's everyone getting on then?

currently in 3rd season with Everton and 4 points clear at top after 10 games

finished 6th in first season and 3rd in second season winning Europa league along the way

picked up a few decent youngsters, Gabriel Barbosa from Santos has turned out quality for me and tops scoring charts and Adam Maher from psv chips in with a fair few goals

anyone got any youngsters to recommend?

Archived