IGNORED

January Transfer Window Unfair?

cityboy

So says Wenger when commenting on the transfer of Mata from Chelsea to Man Utd...

Chelsea lie two points behind Premier League leaders Arsenal and have played United twice this season.
However, United still have to play the Gunners and fellow title-chasers Manchester City again this term.
"Maybe the rules should be adapted for more fairness," said Wenger.
"It opens up questions about the dates of this transfer window."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25872461

I remember the days when there was no transfer window and clubs could sign players at any point of the season, though I don't recall any arguments about it's "fairness" then.

Wenger, bleating? Surely not!!

The bloke's a knob. I'd be fuming if I was an Arsenal fan, he might as well say he doesn't think Arsenal can beat Man Utd if they have Mata in the team because that's what it amounts to.

This show's, for me, why Arsenal won't win the title. Wenger is too worried about what everyone else is doing.

They're in a great position , buy a striker or two and they really have a chance. 

Anyone would think it was his money to spend, I really don'y understand his thinking they probably would have won the

league before now if they used this window to strengthen. 

They're in a great position , buy a striker or two and they really have a chance. 

Anyone would think it was his money to spend, I really don'y understand his thinking they probably would have won the

league before now if they used this window to strengthen. 

As you say, it's admirable that he is careful with the club's money, but it has no doubt cost them silverware over the past few years.

He's probably spent all the money he want's to on Ozil. Can't see them doing any business in January, and that will cost them again. Surprising in a way, as I believe The Emirates is now paid for and they should be in a position to push on.

As you say, it's admirable that he is careful with the club's money, but it has no doubt cost them silverware over the past few years.

He's probably spent all the money he want's to on Ozil. Can't see them doing any business in January, and that will cost them again. Surprising in a way, as I believe The Emirates is now paid for and they should be in a position to push on.

Yep , that's how I understand it , stick a top quality striker in their team and they would really push Man City. 

Mind you I guess you could say the same for Chelsea and they don't mind spending money.

I like Arsenal and I like wenger but I think this is just sour grapes, he was prob in for mata and mata has chosen ManUre, he should stop moaning and strengthen his squad as they will not have a better chance of winning the league then this season

Selling players to direct rivals..... who would do that:

Cole

Van Persie

Toure

Nasri

Clichy 

Just to name a few...

Wenger didn't they all went to title challenging teams wengeer is happy with 4th place its better then winning the FA cup don't ya know, thats why he never sells to Everton, Liverpool and spurs

Wenger, bleating? Surely not!!

The bloke's a knob. I'd be fuming if I was an Arsenal fan, he might as well say he doesn't think Arsenal can beat Man Utd if they have Mata in the team because that's what it amounts to.

This show's, for me, why Arsenal won't win the title. Wenger is too worried about what everyone else is doing.

an absolute nonesense of an argument by both wenger and pelegrini in fact.

For example when chelsea played Man united earlier in the season, they faced rooney and Van persie

When man city played man united van persie was missing, did mourinho bleet about that ?

As you say, if wenger thinks the title will come down to that single point of diffrence then he has to be one sandwich short of a picnic.

Surely. Cardiff have much more to bleet about, bottom of the table and now have to face Mata and a rejuvenated united.

As you say, a complete knob.

Reading between the lines, I wonder if Arsenal made an enquiry about Mata and were told they couldn't have him? Or maybe Arsene is just getting his knickers in a twist again

Possibly. It seemed obvious to me this would happen as soon as Chelsea played Man Utd in the league for the 2nd time.  Chelsea were out of the League Cup, Manure out the FA Cup and Mata is cup tied in the Champions League so he poses no threat to Chelsea only to their rivals.  They make a sizeable profit on a squad player (that's what he had turned into).  Can't argue with business like that.

Archived