IGNORED

Yesterday's Goals Versus Wolves

Rich_s

The pace of the shot beat Parish for the first, it also looks like he was also expecting Dicko to put it across him as strikers are told to do.   But saying all that, Parish should have done better.

Although Williams gave the ball away poorly for the 2nd, there was still enough time to get organised, get close and mark the runners.   A poor effort from all players involved, not just Williams.

The 2nd goal shows why we are likely to go down IMO.

2nd goal was horrible to watch, what a lazy ball to play.

The third one was equally as bad, Bobby Reid does the right thing and comes out to close down, Jet doesn't back him up and watches a simple ball play to the side of Reid, the ball is knocked forward and scooped across goal where we see Gillett and Williams ball watching.

Those two goals epitomise our dreadful season, the players just haven't got the concentration levels to see out games. It really is parks football stuff, I was always taught to be 3/4 turned to face opponents with them slightly in front of you, it's easy to track your man. These two don't seem to be aware of any threat at all, they are nowhere near him.

Frankly pathetic. Just basics and if you give the ball away like a 11 year old girl's blouse bust a f'ing gut to make good your mistake will you!

Sub individual errors and poor decision making with lack of ability, interest, physical and mental effort. These ****ing players are playing for their and our futures. Would you want to be standing on the front line with them?

Thought SC would be delivering the verbal boot up the backside. Time to man up starting Tuesday.

Are you sure our defence in that video wasn't played in slow-motion?

4/10 must do better. Piss poor defending/ goal keeping for all the goals.

I take it the 4 is for turning up and putting the right kit on .   :gaah: 

While we're setting the opposition up with chances we have no chance. At the moment any good play is offset by lazy unforced errors. 

If these mistakes are cut out, well reduced we may be able to move forward . I feel a little sorry for a manager in these circumstances, there

is very little he can do once he's set the team up if they keep shooting themselves in the foot. 

First goal should not have got past Parish.

Second goal terrible all round - Parish putting a defender under pressure straight away but should still have been cleared.

Third goal everybody looked half asleep.

Parish concerns me, and has done for a long time.

Looking at that the whole defence worries me not just the keeper. Shocking stuff.

The cracks are starting to show again im afraid. Wolves were looking average yesterday and we gifted them the first two, it was always going to be difficult after that. We attacked well and had about 5 mins in the second half when we possibly looked like scoring, other than that they over ran us in midfield. We had no outlets on the break really, jet was possibly unlucky with that free kick, but we gave up after that and you cant give a player like sakho that much time on the edge of the area. Parish was poor for the first goal, arguably could have got closer to the third maybe, he also pushed out a shot straight back into the area before they got their second and was lucky not to be punished. We either need to sign an experienced keeper on loan or give fielding a chance, Parish will come good im sure but now is not the right time for him imo.

Ok I'll try to be the poster who finds some positives amongst all the gloom and doom ....

1. We were the better team for significant spells of the match

2. We won't face a stronger squad of players this season, Wolves will go onto win the league IMO.

3. Five goals in five games for Baldock

4. The retro style Union flags in the City end looked great, I hope they make some more appearances before the season is out.

Finally...

5. We will stay up!

Ok I'll try to be the poster who finds some positives amongst all the gloom and doom ....

1. We were the better team for significant spells of the match

2. We won't face a stronger squad of players this season, Wolves will go onto win the league IMO.

3. Five goals in five games for Baldock

4. The retro style Union flags in the City end looked great, I hope they make some more appearances before the season is out.

Finally...

5. We will stay up!

I'm glad you mentioned the first thing. I thought I was losing my mind or had watched a different game to everyone else!

We more than matched wolves for long periods but once again individual errors let us down.

The third goal was a strange one. Brilliant strike, but the build up was strange a few clear fouls by city players had made half the players on the pitch stop playing. I'm sure the Lino had flagged. Ref looked like he had pointed over. A few more passes and bang in the goal.

Edit having watched that clip again it must of been a bit before. So no excuses really.

I wasn't there but the wolves fans have said different things- one said it was comfortable and they should have had 6, another said that at times they were sensational but they froze after we scored and we were much better int he second half until they got their 3rd.

Another fan said the referee was abysmal, gave city 4 out of 10 and commented occasional hoof ball and said the fans were 'silent'

We can't do basics, Williams should of got tighter for the first, parish should of saved it, Williams gave the ball away from the 2nd goal then erm.. seemed to turn his back on the ball which made him hit his backside and go in

3rd goal nothing you can do about that

we concided the third because the defense were getting deeper and deeper and not getting out when we won the ball with the numiorus tackles prior to it, we eneded up defending on our 6 yard box instead of pushing out, you could hear cotts giving Flint a bollocking more then once for not pushing out yet he continued to defend deep,,

so yes we could of done something about the 3rd all 3 goals were down to poor defending simple as that

I wasn't there but the wolves fans have said different things- one said it was comfortable and they should have had 6, another said that at times they were sensational but they froze after we scored and we were much better int he second half until they got their 3rd.

Another fan said the referee was abysmal, gave city 4 out of 10 and commented occasional hoof ball and said the fans were 'silent'

At times Wolves were brilliant-especially on the break and I'm not saying that we deserved anything from the game. What I am saying is that some people on here are making out like we just laid down and let Wolves steam roll us. We didn't. They were the best team for the opening 15 then we worked back into the game and were on top before Williams error. In the second half we were the best team for the opening 10 before they got on top. We then had 5-10 minutes towards the end where we were pushing.

Wolves were the better team, if we had 30-35 minutes on top they had 40-45 but we were not worthy of losing by 6.

I'd give us 6 out of 10. Individual errors let us down again and yes there was occasional hoof ball but I put both down to Wolves high pressing game that put us under pressure- Fair play to them.

In terms of the referee- I've seen a lot worse this season. They are probably saying it because of a penalty shout they had in the second half, not trying to sound like Wenger but I couldn't really see and haven't seen it again but it looked like both players taking a swing for the ball and missing. I could be wrong though.

We were silent - At least we were at the end of the crowd we were stood. We did try to get some songs going but they generally ended up with 8 or 9 of us joining in tops. I can't comment about the other end but I can say we couldn't hear them either. 

At times Wolves were brilliant-especially on the break and I'm not saying that we deserved anything from the game. What I am saying is that some people on here are making out like we just laid down and let Wolves steam roll us. We didn't. They were the best team for the opening 15 then we worked back into the game and were on top before Williams error. In the second half we were the best team for the opening 10 before they got on top. We then had 5-10 minutes towards the end where we were pushing.

Wolves were the better team, if we had 30-35 minutes on top they had 40-45 but we were not worthy of losing by 6.

I'd give us 6 out of 10. Individual errors let us down again and yes there was occasional hoof ball but I put both down to Wolves high pressing game that put us under pressure- Fair play to them.

In terms of the referee- I've seen a lot worse this season. They are probably saying it because of a penalty shout they had in the second half, not trying to sound like Wenger but I couldn't really see and haven't seen it again but it looked like both players taking a swing for the ball and missing. I could be wrong though.

We were silent - At least we were at the end of the crowd we were stood. We did try to get some songs going but they generally ended up with 8 or 9 of us joining in tops. I can't comment about the other end but I can say we couldn't hear them either. 

Agree with all of this. I sat in with the wolves fans and none around me were saying it should have been 6. The general feeling was they were lucky at half time to be leading but deserved the win in the end. I thought we played well but unsiprisingly Wolves are a better team than us. They also loved Gillet and said how everything we did went through him.

City fans were quiet but were spread so thinly along the side it seemed inevatable.

Wolves fans were no better though, The south bank sounded good on a few occasions but only a small portion of it was actually getting involved. Have never been to a game with 18,000 fans and still been able to hear the players talking.

Archived