IGNORED

Brentford By Train

KeNDAILIL

Always gone into Paddington, then tube down to Earls Court or Hammersmith, then on to South Ealing - Can't remember it being a long walk from South Ealing Tube, although always been fairly sauced!

http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/away_ground_guide.shtml

shows it's a fairly straight road from South Ealing tube station which is North of the ground.

For those like Fod changing or going via Reading or Paddington they are doing Railway works between Reading/Paddington as of tonight in the evening's. 

I live in Reading and close enough to the tracks to get lovely network rail letters giving us a heads up.

This has been known to make delays when going to or from both Reading and Paddington with even cancellations on the odd occasion so merely as a heads up may be worth while keeping an eye on train times etc.. 

I'm struggling to find one as well, I looked on my Pub Finder app and there is four in a one mile radius. Anyone know where they are and if any are away fans friendly

Long time since I've been to Griffin Park, any idea which are the best boozers nearby? 

One just past the away end can't think what it's called though.

I'm struggling to find one as well, I looked on my Pub Finder app and there is four in a one mile radius. Anyone know where they are and if any are away fans friendly

There are pubs on every corner of Griffin park. As mentioned, the one to the left of the away end as you walk up to it is usually full of City when we play there.

What's it like to park up around there?

Parking isn't too bad, if you don't arrive last minute. There was a pay and display carpark down underneath the railway bridge road to your right hand side before you get to the away end, which is what we always used to use there.

Parking isn't too bad, if you don't arrive last minute. There was a pay and display carpark down underneath the railway bridge road to your right hand side before you get to the away end, which is what we always used to use there.

Depends on which "used to" you mean. Do you mean the one we first used, or the one we used and then went back to the original one before being moved again?

Just found this on Football ground guide;

Where To Drink? Brentford is famous for being the only ground in England that has a pub at every corner of the ground. Thesurrounding land was formerly owned by the Griffin Brewery, hence Griffin Park. If you are feeling thirsty, get there early and have a pint in all four. They are the Royal Oak (a small locals pub), The Griffin (serves Fullers real ale), The Princess Royal & The New Inn. The New Inn is the favoured pub for away supporters. Derek Hall a visiting Hartlepool United fan adds; 'Probably the best pub out of the four is the Griffin, with the New Inn a fairly close second, although this was packed on our visit'. 

Roger Stamp informs me; 'Probably the best real ale pub in Brentford is the 'Magpie & Crown' which is only five minutes walk away from the ground, on Brentford High Street. The pub has four real ales on tap and welcomes both home and away supporters'.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/brentford/#Griffin-Park-Brentford-Pubs

Archived