IGNORED

How Old Were You When You First Went Down The Gate?

Aizoon

Must've been about 5, First season ticket I had got promoted to the champ, That meant I had to get one for the next season and we reached the play off final

Gave up a ST and made the odd trip down to AG because of school and football, Returned last year and after the first two home games I thought I was city's lucky charm!

I think I'll stop next year for the clubs safety ;) I'll be back in the revamped AG to guide us to Promotion

7. Circa the '71 season.

No idea of my first game at all (and my old man can't remember, bless him) I started going to every home game in 73/4 and bar missing the very odd game since (like for my wedding) that's been the routine ever since, though moving to BS3 in 2004 has helped.

"Support your local club"? Yep.

7 years old in 1957 v Leyton Orient. Dad put me on the bit of the Cowshed ( Old Stand) as it was 'politically' known and I leaned on him all game. He was a minor shareholder as was my granddad and he said to me, if you love this club your life will be full of Joys but mainly heartache. How right he was but I still wouldnt  swop BCFC for anyone. City till I die ( a long time yet , I hope)  :sad26: :sad26: :sad26: :sad26:

10  , I think Sunderland won 4-3.

Not sure I saw a goal , but the atmosphere in the EE was awesome. Ended up standing by the same barrier week after week for years made some good mates there. Bit of a reunion planned for Crewe , hope we get the whole stand.

Think i was 6 or 7, me and my dad can't remember the date or opposition. My earliest memories was running up and down the dolman stairs chasing my sister. There wasn't enough people in the dolman to complain :laugh:. Would of been in the early 80's when we was plummeting divisions.

Trying to work out what age to take my son. He is only 18months old but im dying to take him.

Not sure if i should take him now or wait until he is a bit older so he will know a bit more of whats going on.

Decisions :)

My biggest and best memory of going to city as a kid was being mascot vs York city 1983 city won 1-0 and i scored a goal past john shaw in the warm up and got a big cheer from the crowd :D 

Archived