IGNORED

It Needs To Be 442!

Go Junior GO

Maybe.

...............................PARISH

MALONEY..OSBOURNE...EL ABD..CUNNINGHAM

WAGSTAF.....GILLET........ELLIOT.............BRYAN

..................BALDOCK........BARNET

Think that would be the most solid 4-4-2 but I'd personally stick with the 5-3-2 formation to acomodate JET unless you played 4-4-1-1 with Jet in the hole.

Disagree, sorry but don't think we have players to play 442 only system I can see us working with is 4231.

Fielding

Maloney

Williams

El abd

Cunningham

Pack

W Elliott

Baldock

Reid

Bryan

Jet

I think the best way it could work is to play a diamond formation similar to what SC put out against Tamworth. The 3-5-2 looked solid against Walsall but seems to be failing now, whether that's due to El-Abd's arrival is debatable, but perhaps he would look more solid in a traditional back four? Maybe this could work...

Fielding

Maloney Osborne Williams Cunningham

Gillett

W Elliot Bryan

JET

. Baldock Barnett

I'd agree with that, except my defence would be: Osborne, El Abd, Fontaine*, Williams. Plenty of height and experience in that defense.

In midfield I'd play Wagstaff and Wade Elliot wide with instructions to tuck in and help out the central midfield, which would be Gillet and Marvin Elliot.

* He is still with us, right? Well even at his worst there's no way he's as bad as Flint seems to be, plus he's left sided.

Pack, Flint and Parish (harsh but, lack of communication for the first - obviously more Flint's error - and weak attempt to save the second) should be dropped on last night's display.

Fielding

Maloney El-Abd Williams Cunningham

W.Elliott M.Elliott Gillett Bryan

JET

Baldock

Nothing against Barnett but JET needs to come in and he won't be fit enough to start two in a week.

If we are going to go for it, I wouldn't mind seeing

Parish

Maloney, El Abd, Williams, Cunningham

Elliot, Gillet

Jet (cuts inside), Reid or W. Elliot, Bryan

Baldock

Would require a lot of discipline, especially from Gillet and Elliot, but enables our most creative players to play and interchange. Unsure on Bryan still but he's our best genuinely left sided winger.

Allows us to bring on Burns if we need more pace, move Jet around to suit and swap Baldock for Barnett if needs be

yeah okay let's leave JET on the bench.... :facepalm:

Find it staggering the amount of people that wanted him benched last night - heard we had our LOWEST amount of shots on target all season!! Says it all really.. I believe we need players like Baldock and Barnett as they provide a different sort of threat but JET is a class above. He hasn't been in his greatest form the last few games but he still creates more than anyone else even when out of form.

Just wait until he hits a purple patch again.. You cannot leave him on the bench

The thing that really gets my goat is people calling him "lazy" - how do you define that exactly?

Fielding

Maloney   El Abd  Williams  Cunningham

Pack M Elliott

Reid 

Burns   Baldock    Jet

Pack and Elliott would have to put a lot of graft in, but **** it, lets go on the attack, cause we can't defend.

Parish

Moloney    Carey  El Abd    Cunningham

Pack Marvin

Burns              Jet              Bryan

Baldock

Shame not to include Reid as I think he is our busiest midfielder or Williams who reads the game well. Both will, hopefully, be here for a long time to come.

Whoever he picks in whatever formation the time has come to leave them to it and stop all the constant tinkering.

Archived