IGNORED

Team Vs. Carlisle

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

Always amazes me that the minute we sign somebody, they automatically rank as walking into the team on this forum.

Not criticising, but on just what do you base the call for starting with W elliot ? I am genuinely interested.

Have you watched him play this season, i am sure it cant be on last night, as by association that was a rank embarrassment for all involved.

It was the same with el ab, and now he worth is being questioned.

Same with Barnett etc etc.

Most of these guys are with us because either they are not cutting it with their parent team or they are passed their best, surplus to requirements, or as with SOD, they were irish or with Notts forest.

It seems to me that prior to Barnett, el ab and elliott, were doing ok and seemed settled with some fight

Just a personal view

What should it be? Personally would change all 11 but this wouldn't help.

Moore

Wagstaff El-Abd Flint Williams Cunningham

--------------------Gillett

---------------Reid----W.Elliott

--------------------JET

------------------Baldock

Do you think that maybe cos we're so shit that they may let us start with 12 or 13 players.

.....................fielding/Moore......................

.........El abd........Flint..........Williams ...

Burns....Reid ......pack ........Cunningham

............................jet...............................

..............Baldock........Barnett ................

I'm liking the idea, but why not play Carey instead of Flint? We are crying out for a leader at the back, he's good in the air and he can't be any slower!

Personally I'd stick with Parish in goal.

-------------------Parrish/Fielding/Moore----------------------

Wagstaff---Fontaine-----Flint------Williams------Cunningham

-------------------------Marv------Pack----------------------------

-----------------------------Reid--------------------------------------

-------------Baldock-----------------Barnett------------------------

Any of the keepers could play imo and there wouldn't be much difference. Would like to see Fonts have another go and would like to see the team play without JET again, even though we know how it went yesterday. It's a hard one though because of the sheer ability he has. Lack of effort gets to me though if I'm honest. Wasn't sure about Pack or Gillet though.

I'm liking the idea, but why not play Carey instead of Flint? We are crying out for a leader at the back, he's good in the air and he can't be any slower!

Personally I'd stick with Parish in goal.

I think we need to stick with flint despite the current problems, just don't see the long term benefit of bring back Carey unless we have injuries.

Really think we need to go 3 at the back and 2 up front with jet in the hole against Carlisle, 1 point at home just won't do anymore.

......................Moore.........................

.....El Abd.......Flint........Williams.......

Moloney..........................Cunningham

...............Marv...........Gillett................

.........................JET............................

...........Baldock............Barnett...........

If Osborne and Waggy were fit then I would have them in for El Abd and Moloney, but they're not, so I'll go with this.

We need goals so hence the 2 up front (we haven't seen that many times) and JET in behind. And I feel that Marv and Gillett are the best 2 battlers we have in midfield ATM.

What should it be? Personally would change all 11 but this wouldn't help.

Moore

Wagstaff El-Abd Flint Williams Cunningham

--------------------Gillett

---------------Reid----W.Elliott

--------------------JET

------------------Baldock

Flint,Elliot and Pack have to be dropped and El Abd just didn't look match fit..need to play two up top as well.If Wagstaff and Osbourne are fit they should be in.

i dont like this signing and straight in lark. the team were just about getting somewhere and in walks el abd,ozzys nose straight out of joint.then wade elliott,signed lunchtime on the bench same night? barnett getting in over burns.

i appreciate they are here to play and with ozzy injured now,el abd is good to have as replacement, and barnett good as sub for jet or baldock but moore and w.ellyitalot should be made to wait for their chance as the rest of the squad have

This thread sums up our real problem - we do not have the faintest idea what out 'go to' formation or our strongest team is. Perm any 11 from 22.

Me? Keep as close to the team and formation we played when we stuffed them away. Keep it simple.

Not sure I completely agree with this. 5-3-2 is the formation. With Moore in and if Waggy is fit then 8 of the 11 pick themselves... Moore, El Abd, Flint, Williams, Waggy, Cunningham, JET, Baldock.

It's only really the midfield where there's much debate. I'd personally go Marv, with either Pack of Gillett, then one of Bobby or Barnett (up front obviously with JET in the hole)

I think Cotterill will go with 4 at the back and play the diamond formation that worked against the mighty Tamworth

------------------------Parish ------------------------

Moloney ------ El-Abd --- Williams ------ Cunningham

---------------------- M. Elliott ----------------------

---------------Pack ------------ Reid --------------

------------------------ JET -------------------------

-------------- Baldock ------ Barnett -------------

Bench:

Moore

Flint

Fontaine

Gillett

W. Elliott