IGNORED

Lacking Stability

Lew-T

This is what we have been lacking IMO. On paper, we have a great squad who should easily be challenging at the top.

Keepers: Moore, Parish, Fielding

Defenders: Flint, Osbourne, Williams, Cunningham, Carey, Maloney, Wilson, El Abd and Fontaine

Midfielders: Wagstaff, Pack, Gillett, Marv, Wade Elliot, Bryan, Reid, Wynter

Strikers: Emmanual-Thomas, Baldock, Barnett and Burns

Over the past few years, I've forgotten who we have signed! Couple a days ago I seen a thread about Mark Wilson ( who I don't remember ) which says it all really.

We need a core of footballers, too many loanees will give the squad no favours as it will only unsettle them. Keep it simple, play the right formation and the best players in their favoured position.

I agree and was saying the same just the other week.

BUT if the board continue to twist instead of sticking, there is never going to be any stability.

I hope for the rest of this season their approach is one of stick or bust.

Even if we end up busting I think we will still come back up next year stronger. we clearly cant keep going the way we are.

BUT if the board continue to twist instead of sticking, there is never going to be any stability.

Even if we end up busting I think we will still come back up next year stronger. we clearly cant keep going the way we are.

They sacked Sod because it wasn't working, Well board, Changing manager every season clearly hasn't bloody worked has it!!

Change the ideas they have that one manager will come in and produce glory, All we have to do is hire and fire until we find them

I wish I could share your optimism.  

We seem to be out of control and in a downward spiral and it seems everything this club touches at the moment turns to shit, whether that be players, managers or stadium plans.

Don't know what it's going to take to pull us out of this downward trajectory, but there's precious little sign of it happening at present.

I wish I could share your optimism.  

We seem to be out of control and in a downward spiral and it seems everything this club touches at the moment turns to shit, whether that be players, managers or stadium plans.

Don't know what it's going to take to pull us out of this downward trajectory, but there's precious little sign of it happening at present.

Yeah im an optimistic kind of a guy.. the problem is I said we would bounce straight back up this season opps

I just think we have to keep what we have and run with it regardless of what happens between now and the end of this whoful season.

Stability's only good when you have something good in place to keep stable.

When Johnson arrived we saw a huge turnover in players, some good to improve the side (e.g. Noble), others not so good to make a point to existing players (e.g. Youga). Once he'd got a squad of decent players in place, he largely stuck with them for a couple of very successful years.

The squad this season has lacked balance and experience and whilst players will gain in experience, keeping that "stable" would only result in relegation.

The problem City have had is a succession of managers who have failed to create anything worth stabilising.

Managers bring their own players in and have to stick them into the team because it would look bad not playing them.

Even if they have to move players to play in positions which they are not used to, or drop them.

This would cause unease in any team, especially if a player does not look any better then what was replaced.

Too many of the managers we have had think it's ok to play players out of position.

This is what we have been lacking IMO. On paper, we have a great squad who should easily be challenging at the top.

Keepers: Moore, Parish, Fielding

Defenders: Flint, Osbourne, Williams, Cunningham, Carey, Maloney, Wilson, El Abd and Fontaine

Midfielders: Wagstaff, Pack, Gillett, Marv, Wade Elliot, Bryan, Reid, Wynter

Strikers: Emmanual-Thomas, Baldock, Barnett and Burns

Over the past few years, I've forgotten who we have signed! Couple a days ago I seen a thread about Mark Wilson ( who I don't remember ) which says it all really.

We need a core of footballers, too many loanees will give the squad no favours as it will only unsettle them. Keep it simple, play the right formation and the best players in their favoured position.

13 new players, youngsters who had hardly played before.  All the makings of a poor get to know you season, just hope that such a change in the squad doesn't lead to a 2nd relegation.  If we stay up  think the squad will probably do better next season as they knit together.

but for me there has been too much personnel change too quickly, and when the team starts to settle, yet more change is instigates and more players bought in under a new manager.

I think it will be luck more than judgement if we stay up, or maybe some partnerships will just suddenly click.  But I think the whole way we have gone about personnel change is wrong.  you cannot just make a team in 1 season, I think the transition of players should have probably happened a little slower.

Agree but it's pretty hard to keep a settled side when you're at the bottom of the league.

But If we kept a settled side they would have a chance to understand each others game and become a team and not just a collection of inviduals.

Thus performing better, picking up points and moving away from the bottom.

At City we build on quick sand.

But If we kept a settled side they would have a chance to understand each others game and become a team and not just a collection of inviduals.

Thus performing better, picking up points and moving away from the bottom.

At City we build on quick sand.

That there is a very good phrase and pretty much sums us up i think !

Archived