IGNORED

Jayne Maggs

timothy bird

Out of interest, how was she treated badly by the club?

I believe I read that it involved reduced role/salary cut as well as having members of her team made redundant in a cost cutting exercise. 

Don't hold me to that though.

Funny that she is going to work for the company that was also changed in a cost cut.

Was she not sacked by the club?

Made redundant due to cost cutting? I know what you mean but saying someone was sacked makes me think that person had done something wrong. All she did was do her job well with a human touch from what I understand.

The ticketing system was put in place to be fully automated so people weren't needed, it was also to save money. Ironic when you think how much extra time and money it has actually cost to put right, or back to the level Jayne Maggs had it running. Good luck to her, hope her working life has improved and she will be valued now

• Admin

No.

Made redundant due to cost cutting? I know what you mean but saying someone was sacked makes me think that person had done something wrong. All she did was do her job well with a human touch from what I understand.

The ticketing system was put in place to be fully automated so people weren't needed, it was also to save money. Ironic when you think how much extra time and money it has actually cost to put right, or back to the level Jayne Maggs had it running. Good luck to her, hope her working life has improved and she will be valued now

Yeah correct - wrong choice of word.

Agree "sacked" implies having done something wrong

• Admin

That isn't really relevant to her treatment though.

If she was asked to halve her salary then she must have been on a pretty penny (not saying I agree/disagree with the request).

I believe the easy comparrison is against those who through that period either kept their job or had a change in job title to warrant them being kept on

Think I've had the pleasure too.

Efficient and friendly. A true Club service 'champion'.

What a contrast to the current farce of a ticketing system (and that's not a swipe at those who are currently tasked to operate a fundamentally flawed system).

My own attendances at AG have dropped off by 50% as I refuse to accept third rate service. I'm one who fully appreciates what SL/JL are trying to achieve but they/ their managers appear deaf to the views of supporters on ticketing matters. Pity.

• Admin

Was Jayne the lady who went to the World Cup or Euro Champs as part of the official ticketing team? If so, her behind the scenes blog was very interesting. It sounds like she's making a move up the career ladder, good luck to her.

Yeah that was was Jayne.

As alluded to above, it was Euro 2008

Archived