IGNORED

Transfer Deadline Day. All The In's And Out's For City......(Merged)

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

Didn't think Wilson was that bad, more a case of given an over-generous contract by the sounds of things. Let's hope the move to Oldham works out for him, as it's a loan, I presume we won't allow him to play against us.

He was released/Let go on a free so he can play against us. He's only signed a short contract though until the end of the season

he didn't fall out with the club they gave him a good contract, he was just shit

You're right when you say 'the club gave him good contract'.

We were between managers at the time of the last one so obviously someone high up at the club rated him very highly and was determined he would stay at AG.

From his earliest days the club have been regularly telling us how good Wilson was going to be. Rumours of resisting a bid from Everton before he even made his debut, Captain of Wales u21's etc, many of us were swept along to believe we really did have an outstanding prospect on our hands who would either go on to perhaps Captain City one day, or at the very least bring in a very good transfer fee.

No idea what happened, apart from some injuries, to lead to the present situation of giving him a free transfer today but BCFC have seemingly wasted a hell of a lot of money on repeated very good contracts before coming to the belated conclusion that actually he's not even good enough for a struggling City side Div.3.

Too many mysteries here that seem to be about personalities at BCFC over a long period as well as the player himself, and I wouldn't be surprised if we're scratching our heads even further over Wilson in a year or two, perhaps even bemoaning the fact that no parting of the ways with a sell on fee could be arranged, even if the payment to us now was a nominal one.

We were between managers at the time of the last one so obviously someone high up at the club rated him very highly and was determined he would stay at AG.

From his earliest days the club have been regularly telling us how good Wilson was going to be. Rumours of resisting a bid from Everton before he even made his debut, Captain of Wales u21's etc, many of us were swept along to believe we really did have an outstanding prospect on our hands who would either go on to perhaps Captain City one day, or at the very least bring in a very good transfer fee.

No idea what happened, apart from some injuries, to lead to the present situation of giving him a free transfer today but BCFC have seemingly wasted a hell of a lot of money on repeated very good contracts before coming to the belated conclusion that actually he's not even good enough for a struggling City side Div.3.

Too many mysteries here that seem to be about personalities at BCFC over a long period as well as the player himself, and I wouldn't be surprised if we're scratching our heads even further over Wilson in a year or two, perhaps even bemoaning the fact that no parting of the ways with a sell on fee could be arranged, even if the payment to us now was a nominal one.

Perhaps we've negotiated a good sell on clause.cough !

He was released/Let go on a free so he can play against us. He's only signed a short contract though until the end of the season

Ah ,i see the Logic ,we don't rate him so we let go him to our opponents who ,on playing him against us, will be weakened ,a plan more cunning than a fox who has just gained a degree in cunning at Fox University.

Just another youngster in a long line of youngsters who fans thought were going to be good but don't actually turn out to be, if it was one manager not picking him I could be sympithetic, but 5 different managers all came to the conclusion that he wasn't very good,

that for me says its the player and not the club (contract aside its not his fault he got it)

Johnson, Millen McInnes SoD and Cotteral all deemed him as not good enough

Do you take everything anyone says on here completely literally?! It was a speculative, throwaway comment. If I said " I think he's fabulous and will be really, really, really good and probably sign for Man City on the summer" your response might have been warranted. I would also be James Wilson's dad, but as I didn't say it that's irrelevant

Can't we just be happy that a guy with a lot of talent in his teens but who was injury prone and generally poor for us over 7 year period is off of our hands?, I don't wish him any ill and if he is the one who makes BCFC rue releasing him, the law of averages says it had to happen one day, although I have to add one caveat over the past 4/5 years BCFC have made a habit of defying the law of averages pretty much on every level.

its as if all these managers who refused to give our youth a chance where actually right.........can't be

I don't disagree with you but Burns, Reid and Bryan have been bright spots this season. Not saying they would have been good enough in the championship mind.

I think some previous managers have been scared to try the youngsters for fear of them losing confidence, but at sometime they have to be thrown in the deep end and either sink or swim. No point just hanging around the reserves above the age of 19/20. At that age you need to be playing regularly.

I don't disagree with you but Burns, Reid and Bryan have been bright spots this season. Not saying they would have been good enough in the championship mind.

I think some previous managers have been scared to try the youngsters for fear of them losing confidence, but at sometime they have to be thrown in the deep end and either sink or swim. No point just hanging around the reserves above the age of 19/20. At that age you need to be playing regularly.

Burns, Ried and Bryan have been brought in slowly by the previous managers (imo the correct approch)

Burns imo should start on the right if we don't get a winger in his pace and willingness to run at defenders is whats needed how ever I'd only do that with Osborne behind him at right back some one strong so Burns can just stick to attacking,

Burns, Ried and Bryan have been brought in slowly by the previous managers (imo the correct approch)

Burns imo should start on the right if we don't get a winger in his pace and willingness to run at defenders is whats needed how ever I'd only do that with Osborne behind him at right back some one strong so Burns can just stick to attacking,

It was SO'D wasn't it? Did Del ever pick any of them?

Agree they should be brought in slowly but at some point they have to have a run of games. A lot of youngsters have the ability but need to get up to the speed of playing a higher level. You don't get that sitting on the bench or in the reserves.

Can't we just be happy that a guy with a lot of talent in his teens but who was injury prone and generally poor for us over 7 year period is off of our hands?, I don't wish him any ill and if he is the one who makes BCFC rue releasing him, the law of averages says it had to happen one day, although I have to add one caveat over the past 4/5 years BCFC have made a habit of defying the law of averages pretty much on every level.

I agree. We should have got rid of Wilson a couple of years ago, I was merely making the point that for all the grief he gets he does have some talent. It's far more likely that he'll fade into obscurity and be seen playing for Weston in 12 months time, but if a player has talent there's always the chance he'll turn his career around

Archived