IGNORED

Review Of Transfer Window

Harry

Indeed it would've done Kibs. They've been on my own personal 'database' for a long time.

I know you said the club had Lolley watched and obviously we tried to sign Dicko but do you happen to know whether we looked at any of the others?

So frustrating when you see other clubs picking up these players while we always seem to be left behind.

Hey RedDave.  Sorry, I've not logged in here since Friday night so only just catching up on this.

I'll answer your question as best I can.  What I will firstly say is that, for the players mentioned in my opening post, I have witnessed all of them play except the Falkirk lads.

I do get to games as and when I can, less often recently though as I've got a 7 week old baby that's taken over my time!!

Between myself and a couple of friends, we get to quite a number of games and we also have a lot of contacts in the game from whom we get reports and recommendations.

So basically, if I haven't seen someone, one of my mates may have done, and if they haven't, then one of our contacts may have done.  We all have complete trust in each others opinions too.

So, put simply, nowt to do with a computer game!!

p.s. re the Falkirk lads mentioned, I said that I haven't seen these guys play, but one of my contacts in Scotland has done and I 100% trust his judgement.

Thanks Harry. I knew the Football Manager stuff was nonsense. You can tell those that recommend someone from a computer game as the player is usually playing in the Slovakian second division or the like.

Fair play to you for putting the time in and getting the contacts. I guess you are using this information for more than just a hobby as well. If that is true then rather jealous!

The only team I get to watch other than City and Prem teams is Oldham as I work there. Shocked that Tarkowski didn't go to a championship club but guess Brentford will be there next season. Especially surprised at the fee of 200k (if the rumours are to be believed). Makes the 300k we spent on Flint even more laughable.

Oldham seem to do a good job unearthly decent players. Jose Baxter, M'Voto, Matt Smith. They've just signed Gary Harkins on loan from St Mirren and he's had a great start by all accounts with two goals already. Not seen him yet though.

Thanks Harry. I knew the Football Manager stuff was nonsense. You can tell those that recommend someone from a computer game as the player is usually playing in the Slovakian second division or the like.

Fair play to you for putting the time in and getting the contacts. I guess you are using this information for more than just a hobby as well. If that is true then rather jealous!

The only team I get to watch other than City and Prem teams is Oldham as I work there. Shocked that Tarkowski didn't go to a championship club but guess Brentford will be there next season. Especially surprised at the fee of 200k (if the rumours are to be believed). Makes the 300k we spent on Flint even more laughable.

Oldham seem to do a good job unearthly decent players. Jose Baxter, M'Voto, Matt Smith. They've just signed Gary Harkins on loan from St Mirren and he's had a great start by all accounts with two goals already. Not seen him yet though.

Harkins was very good mates with LJ up in scotland whilst at Kilmarnock hence the link up back at Oldham.

Absolutely Kibs.

A lot of signings are made through "contacts" as opposed to in-depth scouting.  Paul Dickov was Manager at Oldham when they picked up Mvoto from Sunderland and Baxter from Everton.  These would no doubt have come from his "contacts" in the game rather than extensive scouting.

Harkins will have been known to LJ from his Scotland days, as James Wilson will have been known to him from his time here.

Kibs - in answer to your other question - Yes, Dunne was closely linked to us last summer and Sod wanted Donnelly on loan.

The joke is signing an injured player to cover for an injured player .... 

Arsenal have completed the signing of Sweden midfielder Kim Kallstrom on loan until the end of the season from Russian club Spartak Moscow.

The 31-year-old will provide cover for the injured Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere, while Mathieu Flamini is suspended for the next three games.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger said he would not have signed injured Sweden midfielder Kim Kallstrom given more time before the transfer window closed.

Kallstrom, 31, joined the Gunners on loan from Spartak Moscow,despite a CT scan showing he had a back injury, that will keep him out for six weeks.

Archived