IGNORED

Pack

Red white and red

I wasn't this guys biggest fan after a few games, I thought he was slow, clumsy, couldn't pass forward, a tall Kilkenny if you will... Yesterday I thought was his best game for us, he looked very busy, putting himself about and he's trying to pass forward and get things going. Pack is starting to work hard and earn his money, maybe he realises we are in a very precarious position as the games go by!

Thoughts guys?

I think he gets a bit of a raw deal on here and that too many people have been brought up on Sky sports watching Man utd et al.

We are in the third tier of English football, sometimes people forget that and expect far too much from our players.

I think he gets a bit of a raw deal on here and that too many people have been brought up on Sky sports watching Man utd et al.

We are in the third tier of English football, sometimes people forget that and expect far too much from our players.

And there are some if us that look at the team we are up against and in particular the unheard of midfielders in their team, then watch them dominate players like Pack .

Sorry but, some may look at Prem players and compare, I certainly don't. I do however think MP needs a lot of improvement to become a regular starter for SC.

And there are some if us that look at the team we are up against and in particular the unheard of midfielders in their team, then watch them dominate players like Pack .

Sorry but, some may look at Prem players and compare, I certainly don't. I do however think MP needs a lot of improvement to become a regular starter for SC.

I'm not saying anyone compares, just get brainwashed by it and expect too much sometimes. I've not seen pack get dominated too much - in fact, we have had more possession than most teams we've played this season.

What often happens is the opposition just walk through our midfield without a challenge.

And it was a similar story yesterday the midfield often no where near the ball

Having said that it was nice to see Marvin in the second half getting stuck in and winning a few balls and breaking down their midfield possession.

I think his best game for us is maybe a little strong but the only player to come out of that first half with any credit.

The only player looking for the ball, made a couple of good crossfield passes. Wasn't helped by the invisible Reid and W.Elliott, it was like playing with 9 men first half.

I thought he was MOM. Blocked numerous shots, won a lot in the air and covered every blade of grass. Is also the only man who tries to play from the back with any success.

Agreed! Marv will make all the headlines but Pack was involved throughout the game, got stuck in and was the link from defence to midfield and often midfield to attack.

I think it goes unnoticed a lot of the time of what work he actually does in a game, for me he must play every game.

I think his best game for us is maybe a little strong but the only player to come out of that first half with any credit.

The only player looking for the ball, made a couple of good crossfield passes. Wasn't helped by the invisible Reid and W.Elliott, it was like playing with 9 men first half.

Reid was more ineffective than invisible. JET was the other invisible man in that first half. I agree with the rest of your post.

He was the best City player on the pitch in the first half for me. The people who sit around me hate him but he's hardly worse than any of our other midfielders.

I would agree with this but I also thought Wagstaff was on a par. I also think Waggy deserves a lot of credit for playing right back in the second half, a position that I don't think he's had to play before and I thought he looked very comfortable there.

I thought pack was his usual self yesterday, flattering to deceive and not really contributing anything of note to a scrappy game apart from switching the play nicely a couple of times.

He is very frustrating and I still live in hope that there is alot more to come from him once the team is playing with with a bit more freedom and confidence.

Pack is a strange one, he appears not to be very effective, yes appears, but when he isn't there we seem to miss him. Reid and wade Elliott were very inaffective yesterday and Pack was having to help them out. This was making huge gaps through the midfield that we were lucky Carlisle didn't exploit.

I thought we missed the energy of Gillett in the first half, he may be small but he will challenge and get the ball moving. But in the end Cotteill got the subs right and made the changes so all 3 points gained. Didn't look like that at HT though.

I thought Pack was the better player out of the midfield yesterday. He just needs to keep it going! I'd also like to see Gillett back in, I felt we missed him yesterday. So for me on Tuesday..

Wagstaff.....Pack...Marv....Gillett....Cunningham

I thought Pack was the better player out of the midfield yesterday. He just needs to keep it going! I'd also like to see Gillett back in, I felt we missed him yesterday. So for me on Tuesday..

Wagstaff.....Pack...Marv....Gillett....Cunningham

We certainly missed his strong presence and fantastic creativity in the midfield, agreed

Pack and elliott with possibly wagstaff were the only ones to do ok yesterday.

You dont usually win when only three players turn up.

Reid and jet are looking really low on confidence which is a shame. There were two left sided free kicks inside 30 yards yesterday but jet was no where near looking to take it.

Meantime poor old Baldock would rather throw himself to the ground twice when put through rather than risk having another one on one with a keeper.

I wasn't this guys biggest fan after a few games, I thought he was slow, clumsy, couldn't pass forward, a tall Kilkenny if you will... Yesterday I thought was his best game for us, he looked very busy, putting himself about and he's trying to pass forward and get things going. Pack is starting to work hard and earn his money, maybe he realises we are in a very precarious position as the games go by!

Thoughts guys?

I think if he had a Bobby Hutchinson,or a Steve Galliers along side him,he'd show far more.

Archived