IGNORED

Waking Up On Sunday Morning

Aizoon

Is so much nicer after a Saturday win :city::bounce:

Of course, there's always the OTIB bitching to bring us back to earth. The sound of axes being ground is quite deafening :(

But hey!

COME ON YOU REDS!!

COME ON OUR STEVE!!!

GIVE US A "C"

GIVE US AN "O"

GIVE US A "T"

er... What's next?

Is so much nicer after a Saturday win :city::bounce:

Of course, there's always the OTIB bitching to bring us back to earth. The sound of axes being ground is quite deafening :(

But hey!

COME ON YOU REDS!!

COME ON OUR STEVE!!!

GIVE US A "C"

GIVE US AN "O"

GIVE US A "T"

er... What's next?

Give us a T

Give us an A

Give us a G

Give us an E

Give us a P

Give us an I

Give us an E

What have you got, a cottage pie for lunch.

I wasn't there and won't be until my cast is off, which will hopefully be next week.

From the commentary and from what I've read here, SC got the starting line-up wrong, but changed it early enough to make a difference. That in itself is a huge advance on our recent managers, who've tended to wait until the last ten minutes.

I'm reminded of Andy Capp, who refused to sit on the bench on the grounds that "the substitute is the one they bring on at the end to share the blame" ;)

Yes, yes!

Life is good:-

Wake up on a Sunday morning (instead of dying during the night), get up, 70 press-ups, kick the cat into the garden, nice hot pot of coffee, and ...............

........... a frying pan full of hedgehog sausages.

"Mmmmmm-mm, honey!"

TFR

I can't get excited over yesterday, if we play well Tuesday even if we only draw I'll then believe we can stay up. 2 goals in 2 minutes covered over a dreadful performance and without 2 goals in 2 minutes from Marv, we'd all be looking for directions to Accrington Stanley today.

Indeed. Yesterday wasn't the best ever spectacle, but to be fair the conditions were horrible: strong swirling wind, freezing(ish) rain, slippery surface. Same for both sides but then Carlisle didn't play well either. Ball players like Wade Elliott and Bobby Reid were always going to struggle. Other than the three points we should also say that the manager made the right changes in good time and that the lads carried a bigger goal threat throughout, defended well in the second half  and never gave up. Glass half full, I think.

And we are out of the relegation zone for the first time in how long?

We have performed much better and lost but we found a way to win. Despite how poor it was, the only time Carlisle really got in was from Williams shite pass. We troubled ourselves more than they troubled us.

Coventry will be a different game altogether, they will open up and attack alot more I suspect which may suit us.

We, as a club have not been able to win when not playing well for far too long.

Not a shepherd's pie, then? :whistle:

Not unless it's made with lamb mince. P.S Cottage or lamb pie has to be served with baked beans.

This thread has turned in Sunday Kitchen.

Reading some of the posts from the first half yesterday, perhaps the dish of the day for many should be humble pie with a sour sauce.

Oi! Aizoon!

Beef, lamb or hedgehog - topped with fluffy, buttery mashed potato, it's still a super lunch by anyone's standards.

Better than cat food and a saucer of milk ..........

TFR

My wife is away today, but she has very kindly left me a cottage pie for my lunch. Hopefully beef rather than hedgehog, since Horace is with me even as I type.

Not unless it's made with lamb mince. P.S Cottage or lamb pie has to be served with baked beans.

This thread has turned in Sunday Kitchen.

Reading some of the posts from the first half yesterday, perhaps the dish of the day for many should be humble pie with a sour sauce.

Of course baked beans! Do I look like a barbarian?

And we are out of the relegation zone for the first time in how long?

We have performed much better and lost but we found a way to win. Despite how poor it was, the only time Carlisle really got in was from Williams shite pass. We troubled ourselves more than they troubled us.

Coventry will be a different game altogether, they will open up and attack alot more I suspect which may suit us.

We, as a club have not been able to win when not playing well for far too long.

Agree with all that, but we have a great opportunity to put clear red water between us and the drop zone pack on Tuesday. Our biggest game since the last Ice Age ;)

http://mobile.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/article/kavpostbristolcity1feb14-1333804.aspx?pd=635268804610000000

How many managers have said this about us ?

They don't understand why we are where we are.

Some interesting comments about one of two of our guys as well.

I firmly believe now that setting up to win every game we play from now in is the right thing to do

We will lose a few, but as yesterday proved, we will win some games as well

If we win a third of our remaining fixtures and lose the others, we would still have 45 points

Not quite enough, but it sort of proves my point that we simply cant carry on drawing games at the rate we have been so far this season and we have to throw some caution to the wind, especially at home.

Peterboro are a great example, they either win or lose, but look where they are in the table

http://mobile.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/article/kavpostbristolcity1feb14-1333804.aspx?pd=635268804610000000

How many managers have said this about us ?

They don't understand why we are where we are.

Some interesting comments about one of two of our guys as well.

I firmly believe now that setting up to win every game we play from now in is the right thing to do

We will lose a few, but as yesterday proved, we will win some games as well

If we win a third of our remaining fixtures and lose the others, we would still have 45 points

Not quite enough, but it sort of proves my point that we simply cant carry on drawing games at the rate we have been so far this season and we have to throw some caution to the wind, especially at home.

Peterboro are a great example, they either win or lose, but look where they are in the table

Interesting that an opposition manager has a view very similar view to mine. Let's face it you can't do better than win but please bear in mind it was against a club that didn't have enough players to fill their subs bench.

Interesting that an opposition manager has a view very similar view to mine. Let's face it you can't do better than win but please bear in mind it was against a club that didn't have enough players to fill their subs bench.

That's the kind of team we weren't beating not so long ago...

Aizoon, im not having a go, but why don't you attend matches ?

My wrist is on a cast at the moment, and I find it very awkward getting there. I'm also a bit worried about the leaping about and arm-waving ;)

I MIGHT have the cast removed on Tuesday, so we shall see what eventuates.

Is that him of that damn spikey friend he carries around with him, I thought id killed it last week but alas it looks like it was his cousin i nailed.....

Doubt it. His cousin is forty feet hight and lives in a hangar at Luton Airport.

Archived