IGNORED

Police Behaviour At A Fracking Protest

Calculus

Am normally supportive of the police but this is unbelievable. Why some of these rotten apples are even free is a question, never mind employed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gxI4ToNKGQ&feature=share

Just trying to be devils advocate here, what if he was over the limit and was allowed to drive home, is that OK?

Exactly, i've just looked at the section of the road traffic act quoted (section 6) the police only have to 'suspect he has driven, whilst under the influence'.

You're right, he failed to provide a breath test when suspected of drink driving, it's an arrestable offence. He should have done the breath test and he wouldn't have been arrested if he hadn't been drinking, if he failed it, the police would still need to provide evidence he was driving that day.

We only have a small video to go on, but if it was me I would have saved myself a load of crap and not been in the faces of them in the first place. He broke the protest line to film an arrest, it's a stupid thing to do because you are drawing attention to yourself.

You're right, he failed to provide a breath test when suspected of drink driving, it's an arrestable offence. He should have done the breath test and he wouldn't have been arrested if he hadn't been drinking, if he failed it, the police would still need to provide evidence he was driving that day.

We only have a small video to go on, but if it was me I would have saved myself a load of crap and not been in the faces of them in the first place. He broke the protest line to film an arrest, it's a stupid thing to do because you are drawing attention to yourself.

I wouldn't have been there in the first place because unfortunately for every concerned law abiding citizen at these protests there is a state sponsored great unwashed special brew drinking anarchist.

It is not necessary to be neutral to be an observer. They are there to monitor the Police, and record information including that of police numers and private vehicles licence numbers.

The point being in that clip, he makes a big deal of a number plate that has obviously been put on as a makeshift for one that has been broken, stolen, fell off or whatever. He persists with this line trying to get some kind of justice. Now, if yours had fallen off, unless you live next door to a garage how do you put your number plate on, well, you find something to use and write on it, like the lorry driver has done.

The bloke is an annoying idiot that was looking for a reaction, he got what he came for and boo hoo, he's all upset now. Youtube is littered with these types who go looking for flashpoints at protests or just interfering with normal police business, it's not a good youtube video if he films them from afar is it. Charlie Vietch is bette at doing this sort of youtube video, but even he mostly knows when to shut up.

Am normally supportive of the police but this is unbelievable. Why some of these rotten apples are even free is a question, never mind employed:

Hard to tell but was he a regular police officer or one of those community ones? He had to call other officers over to deal with the breathalyser. You can see he quickly things escalate, the bloke clearly was saying he hadn't been drinking and he had tea, the police bloke was saying to the others that he told him he has driven and had 2 drinks today. They of course took the word of the first policeman, but they did look reluctant to get involved.

Granted its a hard job, but in my opinion the first policeman had made his mind up, he was going to pin something on the observer. I've known cases like this at football and you can see how easy it escalates. No wonder people's faith in them is low. In my experience they very much look after their own.

Unless things have changed I was led to believe that the breathalyser bags arent carried around as standard, they usually have to send someone from the station to fetch one. They have to be kept at a certain temperature as they could possibly give a false reading. So what was the chances of that officer suddenly producing one? Unless now they are more reliable. This was from information through work by the way, not personal experience!

Hard to tell but was he a regular police officer or one of those community ones? He had to call other officers over to deal with the breathalyser. You can see he quickly things escalate, the bloke clearly was saying he hadn't been drinking and he had tea, the police bloke was saying to the others that he told him he has driven and had 2 drinks today. They of course took the word of the first policeman, but they did look reluctant to get involved.

Granted its a hard job, but in my opinion the first policeman had made his mind up, he was going to pin something on the observer. I've known cases like this at football and you can see how easy it escalates. No wonder people's faith in them is low. In my experience they very much look after their own.

Unless things have changed I was led to believe that the breathalyser bags arent carried around as standard, they usually have to send someone from the station to fetch one. They have to be kept at a certain temperature as they could possibly give a false reading. So what was the chances of that officer suddenly producing one? Unless now they are more reliable. This was from information through work by the way, not personal experience!

I think you will find the first officer is also saying he could smell alcohol on the guys breath, the guy is saying he had 2 cups of tea, guess what ? people lie, I remember once Bill Clinton saying "I did not have sexual relations with that woman".

I believe the first officer may have been an inspector in charge of unit of officers tasked with keeping the queens highway clear so as working people can go about their legal daily work and as such, would have needed other probably reluctant officers to deal with the guy once he was arrested, that's how the world works, some give orders and some have to follow and as screech pointed out if this guy had been drinking tea a negative breathalyzer would have proved that, but he didn't because of course it never suited his agenda.

Exactly, i've just looked at the section of the road traffic act quoted (section 6) the police only have to 'suspect he has driven, whilst under the influence'.

But with no evidence that he has driven surely they can't make an arrest!

Otherwise you could stand outside a pub on a matchday and arrest everyone that walks out on the 'suspicion' that they have driven

Otherwise you could stand outside a pub on a matchday and arrest everyone that walks out on the 'suspicion' that they have driven

How do you know they have no evidence?, didn't the officer mention something about a Mercedes car?. Let me put it this way, the guy himself was not what you would call a helpful citizen and had he not driven I suspect a normal law abiding person would be saying, 'search me I have no car keys', wasn't Elvis who once said "if you're looking for trouble, you've come to the right place'.

The point being in that clip, he makes a big deal of a number plate that has obviously been put on as a makeshift for one that has been broken, stolen, fell off or whatever. He persists with this line trying to get some kind of justice. Now, if yours had fallen off, unless you live next door to a garage how do you put your number plate on, well, you find something to use and write on it, like the lorry driver has done.

The bloke is an annoying idiot that was looking for a reaction, he got what he came for and boo hoo, he's all upset now. Youtube is littered with these types who go looking for flashpoints at protests or just interfering with normal police business, it's not a good youtube video if he films them from afar is it. Charlie Vietch is bette at doing this sort of youtube video, but even he mostly knows when to shut up.

The works trailer I use has resulted in myself being stopped by the Police. I would not use an illegal number plate on a HGV.

Yep, or he could have driven there perfectly legally had 2 drinks or more, or even become paralytic since. But until he approaches the car and intends to drive it they can't arrest him for drink driving can they? I know there have been cases where the police have arrested people who were drunk and getting into their car to 'sleep it off' but on the whole people have to be caught attempting to start the car, actually driving, or seen walking away from the car for the crime don't they?

Was he an inspector then? I just took him for a lower ranked buffoon who didn't really have any grasp of the law or any power, and didn't know how to del with people. Yup, probably an inspector then!

And as for the number plate lorry thing, that was stupid. A friend recently had number plates stolen and when she went to replace them she had to show all her car documents at the shop before they would make her new plates, stopping fraud they said. Well the lorry driver wouldn't do that would he, down to the company he drives for I suppose to sort out. I guess it was down to the driver to refuse to drive it if the problem was known to the company and they failed to sort it

Yep, or he could have driven there perfectly legally had 2 drinks or more, or even become paralytic since. But until he approaches the car and intends to drive it they can't arrest him for drink driving can they? I know there have been cases where the police have arrested people who were drunk and getting into their car to 'sleep it off' but on the whole people have to be caught attempting to start the car, actually driving, or seen walking away from the car for the crime don't they?

Was he an inspector then? I just took him for a lower ranked buffoon who didn't really have any grasp of the law or any power, and didn't know how to del with people. Yup, probably an inspector then!

And as for the number plate lorry thing, that was stupid. A friend recently had number plates stolen and when she went to replace them she had to show all her car documents at the shop before they would make her new plates, stopping fraud they said. Well the lorry driver wouldn't do that would he, down to the company he drives for I suppose to sort out. I guess it was down to the driver to refuse to drive it if the problem was known to the company and they failed to sort it

Unfortunately my friend you are completely misinformed, if they suspect that he has driven whilst under the influence, unless the person can actually come up with a defence like 'I had a few after I arrived and intended to leave my car here' (a scenario such as you describe) but this guy is being totally uncooperative and never once tried to mount a defence other than talk about 2 cups of tea, whilst the police officer said he could smell alcohol on his breath, unless of course you have smellavision on your computer to discount this as well, this is quite simply a case of a very uncooperative member of the public meets a stroppy copper and comes second, but my guess is that was his intention from the outset.

Unfortunately my friend you are completely misinformed, if they suspect that he has driven whilst under the influence, unless the person can actually come up with a defence like 'I had a few after I arrived and intended to leave my car here' (a scenario such as you describe) but this guy is being totally uncooperative and never once tried to mount a defence other than talk about 2 cups of tea, whilst the police officer said he could smell alcohol on his breath, unless of course you have smellavision on your computer to discount this as well, this is quite simply a case of a very uncooperative member of the public meets a stroppy copper and comes second, but my guess is that was his intention from the outset.

I guess I was thinking more generally after seeing this, just because i brought a car to the pub with me and i had a few more drinks than expected it doesnt mean i intend to drive it home again.

Yes stroppy copper meets protester/observer keen to get a reaction. But you could almost see the coppers eyes light up with 'what can I do you for' . There are plenty of people drinking and driving on the roads every day if they wanted to look for them. In this case, deserved or not we can't tell what went on before, the copper was keen to pin something, anything, on this bloke. If he had dropped litter it probably would have been that.

I guess I was thinking more generally after seeing this, just because i brought a car to the pub with me and i had a few more drinks than expected it doesnt mean i intend to drive it home again.

Yes stroppy copper meets protester/observer keen to get a reaction. But you could almost see the coppers eyes light up with 'what can I do you for' . There are plenty of people drinking and driving on the roads every day if they wanted to look for them. In this case, deserved or not we can't tell what went on before, the copper was keen to pin something, anything, on this bloke. If he had dropped litter it probably would have been that.

Perhaps if they weren't wasting their time dealing with useless tits like this bloke they could deal with day to day drink driving.

Think people are confused with what happened, the copper said he heard the bloke say he had two drinks, when in fact the bloke said he had only drank tea. The copper was looking for an excuse to arrest him. Had i been him I wouldnt have provided a sample either as why should I if I havnt broken any laws?

Think people are confused with what happened, the copper said he heard the bloke say he had two drinks, when in fact the bloke said he had only drank tea. The copper was looking for an excuse to arrest him. Had i been him I wouldnt have provided a sample either as why should I if I havnt broken any laws?

You are the one who is confused mate, the copper is also saying he can smell alcohol on the guy's breath, ignorance is no defence, might I suggest that you could well be taking a chance by taking the same line as this ****, if the old bill can prove that he drove on that day and provide evidence of the smell of alcohol on his breath, the guy will lose his licence, refusing to provide a sample of breath is an absolute offence, so put into layman's terms if he has driven and taken a drink after the journey or has driven and not taken a drink at all by being a complete tool and refusing the sample or an explanation he has committed an offence and will lose his licence, that is the law of the land.

But....but....I voted for Clegg!

I'm 'antifa', I'm an eco -warrior etc etc. Followed by - I'm a journalist.

The red left whine like hell when the 'right' are allowed to gather, allowed to march, or even stand in an illegal kettle. But when the Govt turn their eye to the left and treat them the same as the right, then whinging-like-a-bitch happens.

Here's a thought for the left - don't act like thugs when you oppose a demo. Don't attack Police over student cuts. Don't insult and damage war memorials, and maybe the Police won't treat you like thugs.

The simple fact is that for the last 3 years, antifa, or it's 2010's clone has been taking the piss all over the country with it's "Black Bloc" hit squad - causing injuries and damage to people and property.

This is what happens when Plod get fed up of it.

Simples.

There was a video going round (you can look for it since you can't be bothered to inform yourself) of a guy at one of the student protests who was badly assaulted by a policeman for having the audacity to film when he was being kettled, if my memory serves the police officer has now been fired. Was he rightfully treated like a thug?

Don't agree with EMB with much but he's spot on here. The guy is crying now but has zero proof the officer in question is lying, although shoving him to the ground is out of order.

Archived