IGNORED

Police Behaviour At A Fracking Protest

Calculus

You are the one who is confused mate, the copper is also saying he can smell alcohol on the guy's breath, ignorance is no defence, might I suggest that you could well be taking a chance by taking the same line as this ****, if the old bill can prove that he drove on that day and provide evidence of the smell of alcohol on his breath, the guy will lose his licence, refusing to provide a sample of breath is an absolute offence, so put into layman's terms if he has driven and taken a drink after the journey or has driven and not taken a drink at all by being a complete tool and refusing the sample or an explanation he has committed an offence and will lose his licence, that is the law of the land.

No I suggeat you re-watch it. The copper comes up to him and starts pushing him away, the copper then says you been drinking this morning again and again, the giy replies only tea, the copper then turns rpund to his buddies and says the guy told him he had TWO drinks when it was quite clear he said he had tea.

No I suggeat you re-watch it. The copper comes up to him and starts pushing him away, the copper then says you been drinking this morning again and again, the giy replies only tea, the copper then turns rpund to his buddies and says the guy told him he had TWO drinks when it was quite clear he said he had tea.

and I suggest you explain exactly how you can possibly know that this guy is telling the truth about having only drunk tea from watching a video?, guess what people lie (yes including police at times) but I suspect that if the police believed everything that people tell them, the prisons would be empty and also the copper also says I can smell alcohol on your breath and guess what if he suspects the guy has driven, the smelling of alcohol on his breath is all the copper needs to request a sample of breath and failure to provide that sample is an arrestable offence.

But hey if you know better that's fine, I suppose if you take similar action to this guy under similar circumstances, luckily Bristol has a great public transport system or has it, i'm sure you would find out.

Ummm... While it appears that the officers in question have behaved in a less than exemplary manner and should be disciplined as such, isn't refusing a breath test an offence regardless of circumstances? So while I think common sense has prevailed in the charges being dropped given the specific circumstances, he did commit a crime and him not having had a drink is down to his word against the officers to an extent

I do think we expect superhuman levels of integrity from our police, all the while of course with the government cutting their pay, pensions and working conditions. I imagine that the levels of irrationality at a fracking protest must be difficult to police

And there are dozens of videos of Police officers being knocked out by pool balls, paint tins and bricks.

How about the clown who threw a full fire extinguisher off a roof at the Police?

Or the two female officers covered in their own blood after being one of the 12 attacked outside a Govt building. None had any riot gear on.

You could try to stop talking out your arse and explain how this is an innocent man's fault protesting peacefully. Won't hold my breath since you're incapable of even reading my post.

Ummm... While it appears that the officers in question have behaved in a less than exemplary manner and should be disciplined as such, isn't refusing a breath test an offence regardless of circumstances? So while I think common sense has prevailed in the charges being dropped given the specific circumstances, he did commit a crime and him not having had a drink is down to his word against the officers to an extent

I do think we expect superhuman levels of integrity from our police, all the while of course with the government cutting their pay, pensions and working conditions. I imagine that the levels of irrationality at a fracking protest must be difficult to police

Surely there has to be some sort of reason to give the breath test. If not police could ask for a breath test outside a pub anyone who declines gets a fine as they would be breaking the law

Wasting the publics time and going against what they are there for to protect the public

If one of the people starts becoming a hazard to public safety it is acceptable to make an arrest, If not there is no need whatsoever. Just because they wear hi vis they think they can do what they want.

Police should be arresting real criminals instead of looking for easy arrests (Hedlu!!)

They say they protect the Public but more often than not at a Protest/Football game they cause the trouble themselves

Archived